Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What are you going to do during the recession?

What are you going to do during the recession?

Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What are you going to do during the recession?

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its all a huge balancing act isn't it!
Indeed Mitzy it is.
Getting enough out of taxes as income to fund all the "want to do" things. I remain amazed how many people do not accept that the government only spends our own money, meaning that which they have managed to get us to pay to the treasury. For some reason some people think the goverment is made of money (out of nowhere).
Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Indeed Mitzy it is.
Getting enough out of taxes as income to fund all the "want to do" things. I remain amazed how many people do not accept that the government only spends our own money, meaning that which they have managed to get us to pay to the treasury. For some reason some people think the goverment is made of money (out of nowhere).
As I said before, what they give with one hand they take away with the other. They only have so much to play around with, just like your average joe's monthly budget, so if they lose money somewhere they have to claw it back elsewhere.

Conservative tax reductions ..... pah! They'll just screw you somewhere else!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

I think we are in total agreement on this one Mitzy.
Now do you prefer to get screwed with a particular colour ?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:00 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Yeah, but there are all the background costs to consider.

How much would the reduction in pollution be worth? The reduction of traffic?

Don't worry, no-one will ever take such a stupid suggestion like mine seriously until we are in the position of treading water to survive. Then and only then will anyone start to think that the simple, vulgar consideration of money wasn't the most important consideration.

Narmean?
Think of this.Every thing relys on transport.The cannals worked well 100 years ago same as all the goods and fruit trains but there are a lot more people about and every ones life style has changed.Needs do as needs must.
But things will eventualy change again so its not realy a stupid idia just its not the right time for a drastic change
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:02 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Recession my arse!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:03 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
As I said before, what they give with one hand they take away with the other. They only have so much to play around with, just like your average joe's monthly budget, so if they lose money somewhere they have to claw it back elsewhere.

Conservative tax reductions ..... pah! They'll just screw you somewhere else!
How about a BE tax
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:03 pm
Account Closed

Take it where you wish to Matt.
Your arse that is.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by betris
How about a BE tax
Tis fine by me. 40% of bugger all is not a lot.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:09 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but if low taxes mean doing nothing about climate change and the environment...
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bil
Yeah, but if low taxes mean doing nothing about climate change and the environment...
Give me and others a way forward on this one bil. I have sacrificed the last 34 yrs of my life to those goals. Some success but some failures too.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:46 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Trouble is, none of us have any real clout, and any real change would require a lot of turkeys to vote for xmas.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Indeed Mitzy it is.
Absoulutley,goverments have no money other than the dodgy donations they recieve ,they do however (mis) manage the tax payers money to run(down) the country,:curse:

Rgds

Rotor
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:59 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
So how are we all going to survive the recession? its all doom and gloom at the moment so it must be on every ones mind,and who`s got any recession proof business ideas??

Rgds

Rotor
take a leaf out of the spaniards book - work hard with fingers in many pies
Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:32 am
CHIPPIE2

chippie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Andy..... I see what you mean bigger risks just seen your latest warehouse full of computers..................Luvly Jubbly Ex Pats will love em.
like the Amstrad sold mine at bootfair didnt they were still around with monitor never did use it as a PC
Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
take a leaf out of the spaniards book - work hard with fingers in many pies

They do dont they,the trouble with that is there seems to be a lot of half arsed business`s that never do anything exceptionaly well ,many not lasting more than six months, better to do one thing well than cock up several things,

Rgds

Rotor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.