Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What work do you all do in Spain?

What work do you all do in Spain?

Old May 7th 2008, 9:46 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What work do you all do in Spain?

............Hello all!

I know I'm in the wrong forum, but was just browsing around (as you do) and had this little question niggling away at me.

I'm curious as to what type of work Brit Expats in Spain do? Are most of you retired or do you actually have 'proper' jobs out there?

Silly question aint it but we looked at Spain before coming to Oz and were concerned about not finding work.
Old May 7th 2008, 10:01 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What work do you all do in Spain?

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
............Hello all!

I know I'm in the wrong forum, but was just browsing around (as you do) and had this little question niggling away at me.

I'm curious as to what type of work Brit Expats in Spain do? Are most of you retired or do you actually have 'proper' jobs out there?

Silly question aint it but we looked at Spain before coming to Oz and were concerned about not finding work.
Hi Fluffy

Welcome to Spain, what a load of misery guts they all are to night, all to busy MSNing each other.

OH and I are retired, well early retirement anyways. We live on the Atlantic coast "Costa de la Luz" luckily we don't need to work as there's not much in the way of jobs in this area, most of the peeps I know are also retired. There are a few younger ones who have managed to create a living for themselves here. Where in Oz are you?
Old May 7th 2008, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Strewth, Fluff you're one ugly dingo.
Old May 7th 2008, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Strewth, Fluff you're one ugly dingo.
Ah, you know what they say - takes one to know one n'all that!
Old May 7th 2008, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, you know what they say - takes one to know one n'all that!
There is always an exception that proves the rule.
I bet you're considered a bit of a looker down there though?
Old May 7th 2008, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by leighbloke
There is always an exception that proves the rule.
I bet you're considered a bit of a looker down there though?
It's not difficult in this country mate - put some shoes on your feet and you've won half of the battle!!!
Old May 8th 2008, 8:43 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crispy
Hi Fluffy

Welcome to Spain, ......... Where in Oz are you?
Is that what early retirement does for you Crispy?

As for the question I have a "proper" job in the sense that I have to drag my @rse to the office most days and wait for the salary to arrive in the bank. But then I only came to live in Spain because the job was offered to me and from various stories of brit ex-pats it is not at all easy to come first and find work after, unless you have a large pot of resources to keep you going.

As it happens I also live in the Costa de la Luz though a bit inland for easier commuting to the city. I find it far more attractive in many ways than the CdS.
Old May 8th 2008, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

Hi,

well I came over with my (now ex) husband, and we came over to retire, but he hated and got bored so went back to the UK, (his loss)

Me, well Im an artist (no not pi*s artist) and paint animal portraits, so im trying to get that going at the moment, and from next year I will be opening the 'Mariola Appaloosa Stud' and will be breeding horses as well
Old May 8th 2008, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Is that what early retirement does for you Crispy?

As for the question I have a "proper" job in the sense that I have to drag my @rse to the office most days and wait for the salary to arrive in the bank. But then I only came to live in Spain because the job was offered to me and from various stories of brit ex-pats it is not at all easy to come first and find work after, unless you have a large pot of resources to keep you going.

As it happens I also live in the Costa de la Luz though a bit inland for easier commuting to the city. I find it far more attractive in many ways than the CdS.
El Capitan, I have no idea where I am half the time, after I posted I realised Fluffy is in QLD, because I looked at his profile.
Old May 8th 2008, 11:40 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crispy
El Capitan, I have no idea where I am half the time, after I posted I realised Fluffy is in QLD, because I looked at his profile.

Loved you karma to me last night!
Old May 8th 2008, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Same Difference

Loved you karma to me last night!
I don't know what came over me but you know some mothers do have em
Old May 8th 2008, 11:49 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

............Hello all!

Hey, thinking of Spain if Melly a no-go?
Old May 8th 2008, 12:35 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

As we are No where near retirement age
The OH and I
Are both self employed, I do marine upholstery work and make canvas covers for yachts. Also end up doing other out doorsy work of a similar nature, ie:garden furniture tent repairs & the like.
Keeps me busy
Old May 8th 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

Another artist here. Artist and Photographer.

More at http://www.myspace.com/TheLostPhotographer

Website currently undergoing a re-design but may be up by the weekend.

I also clean toilets in my spare time
Old May 8th 2008, 2:00 pm

They are beautiful, I wish I could put paint on canvas and end up with something that looked half as good. Give me a lump of clay now that's something different but pencil or paint

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.