Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

what a weekend!!

what a weekend!!

Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of
Angry what a weekend!!

Just thought I would share my misfortune with you all. Started on Wednesday - buyer of my house was supposed to come and give me the money for my furniture he agreed to buy (moves in 27th June), never turned up and when i phoned him discovered the landline disconnected, no response to messages left on the mobile - sale fallen through? watch this space!! Yesterday was taking my packed boxes to the gargage from upstairs ready for colection, half way down the stairs tripped over the dog, landed at the bottom and twisted my foot. Pain got worse as the afternoon went on, went to casualty, xray showed broken bone in foot and ankle, now got a stookie and crutches and of work for 6 weeks!!! Still, IF the sale has fallen through at least I will be here for potential buyers!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what a weekend!!

Originally Posted by linda Coyle
Just thought I would share my misfortune with you all. Started on Wednesday - buyer of my house was supposed to come and give me the money for my furniture he agreed to buy (moves in 27th June), never turned up and when i phoned him discovered the landline disconnected, no response to messages left on the mobile - sale fallen through? watch this space!! Yesterday was taking my packed boxes to the gargage from upstairs ready for colection, half way down the stairs tripped over the dog, landed at the bottom and twisted my foot. Pain got worse as the afternoon went on, went to casualty, xray showed broken bone in foot and ankle, now got a stookie and crutches and of work for 6 weeks!!! Still, IF the sale has fallen through at least I will be here for potential buyers!
Very sorry to read this! Fingers crossed - the telephone disconnected thing may just be because they are moving and BT have just disconnected them at the wrong time by mistake. BT never got it right in every move we've ever done! It's not normal for people pulling out of a deal to just 'disappear', so don't read too much into events. Anyway, isn't this Scotland, don't they have laws against that up there?

Really do hope your foot and ankle are better soon. Sounds painful . Just look forward to the upcoming move.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Hi twyntub, no laws against this in Scotland unless missives signed, unfortunately not signed yet. I drove past his private rent yesterday (before i broke my foot!!) blinds shut and no car. Got a funny feeling he has done another deal and moved out. Going to contact my lawyer tomorrow, this is the last thing I was needing. Houses are just not selling around here just now, I was so lucky to get such a quick offer, hopefully I am mistaken as i am all geared up to move into a flat for 14 weeks before i move over. Any news on your house yet?
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

I blame the dog.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:53 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leighbloke
I blame the dog.

You would!!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:57 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Did you not get to trouser the 10 per cent deposit Linda
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Did you not get to trouser the 10 per cent deposit Linda
"trouser" - never heard that one before. No deposits paid
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:21 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

well hope you get well soon , put my back out on thr last , dont ask how still try to think how it happen , been to A&E . yes that how bad it is , was out last night and every was ask what happen , and touching my back MMMMM but got chatting to very nice lady and she cam back to flat to rub my back , that all she could do , like a 80 old man here that how bad i am
jurdy
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

just what I needed, 2 weeks until I move out - the sale has fallen through, seemingly the buyer has been made redundant - personally - I think he has bought something else - damn credit crunch!!! Back on the market - fingers crossed
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

just what I needed, 2 weeks until I move out - the sale has fallen through, seemingly the buyer has been made redundant - personally - I think he has bought something else - damn credit crunch!!! Back on the market - fingers crossed
Good luck, have a swift dramm and put your feet up for a while and relax.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

well, almost a year on and we have had another offer (accepted) and survey has been past. Fingers crossed this time and we could be on the ferry 29th April, will keep you posted
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

well, almost a year on and we have had another offer (accepted) and survey has been past. Fingers crossed this time and we could be on the ferry 29th April, will keep you posted
And is your foot now 100 per cent?
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:32 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for you Linda - hope all goes well for you
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:45 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Fingers crossed , dont brake them aswell

best off luck
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the good wishes - yes the foot has healed and no I won't break my fingers!! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.