Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What shops do you miss in spain

What shops do you miss in spain

Old Sep 21st 2004, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

ROD PEMBER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What shops do you miss in spain

I have been talking to a mate in tenerife and he was saying the spanish life style is great but he said there was a lack of card shops ( birthday xmas cards that sort of thing) the other is a good old fashion sweet shop ( pic and mix in a jar.
I have heard that pie and mash shops are lacing in some areas.
So the question might be stupid but if there was a shop u could have in ur area that is not there now what would it be.
Cheers Rod
Old Sep 21st 2004, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Dyavol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What shops do you miss in spain

Originally Posted by ROD PEMBER
I have been talking to a mate in tenerife and he was saying the spanish life style is great but he said there was a lack of card shops ( birthday xmas cards that sort of thing) the other is a good old fashion sweet shop ( pic and mix in a jar.
I
lack of sweet shops.. you need

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/

they ship to spain.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:50 pm
jfq
Just Joined

jfq is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree - the question is stupid.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 8:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jfq
I agree - the question is stupid.
Stupid to a TROLL

Mind out mummy doesn`t catch you on the computer... time for
Old Sep 24th 2004, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

ROD PEMBER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Stupid to a TROLL

Mind out mummy doesn`t catch you on the computer... time for
The question ain't that stupid. If ur where going to put money into a venture surely it is better to find out what people need. i.e. a gap in the market. Than following the fools dream of I want a bar. Great work from 8am to 3am trying to make a crust. Working urself to the bone to find that u are burnt out or worse BUST.I have read of people that have put 10's of thousands of pounds into a pub abroad and lost the bloody lot.
The reasoning behind it all is Telfon Tony gets on my tits, I need a change and I would rather be warm than cold half the year and waiting for that great yellow ball in the sky for the other, that half the UK do not know what it is.
John on the subject of my mummy She is another good reason to move. I try not to see anymore than once every 3 years and another visit off her is near due.
So thats my logic
Cheers Rod
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Now into my second year here, I do not find the question stupid at all, I am sure on CDS there are more British style shops selling british goods, but here there is nothing, hence visitors bring us "Goodies" over, I agree re card shops probably the one I miss most so buy cards when back visiting family, what there is here is rather boring.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 5:05 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROD PEMBER
The question ain't that stupid. If ur where going to put money into a venture surely it is better to find out what people need. i.e. a gap in the market. Than following the fools dream of I want a bar. Great work from 8am to 3am trying to make a crust. Working urself to the bone to find that u are burnt out or worse BUST.I have read of people that have put 10's of thousands of pounds into a pub abroad and lost the bloody lot.
The reasoning behind it all is Telfon Tony gets on my tits, I need a change and I would rather be warm than cold half the year and waiting for that great yellow ball in the sky for the other, that half the UK do not know what it is.
John on the subject of my mummy She is another good reason to move. I try not to see anymore than once every 3 years and another visit off her is near due.
So thats my logic
Cheers Rod
My answer was to jfq`s post, obviously a troll trying to wind you up, playing on his mummy`s computer...it was not addressed to your post..
Old Sep 26th 2004, 5:09 pm
mr cid

cidshock is an unknown quantity at this point

A cheap computer shop!
Old Sep 26th 2004, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of cheap computer shops around here, two thirds price of UK. Maybe getting ripped off in your area?
Old Sep 27th 2004, 10:26 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by pwwm
Now into my second year here, I do not find the question stupid at all, I am sure on CDS there are more British style shops selling british goods, but here there is nothing, hence visitors bring us "Goodies" over, I agree re card shops probably the one I miss most so buy cards when back visiting family, what there is here is rather boring.
Send them Spanish ones it will give them a larf translating them.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi JDR
Been doing that to some, not sure how many have translated them thought. on another note re goodies here, I dont like it but lots do, around here Heinz Salad Cream would go down a treat.
Pat
Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:30 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Send them Spanish ones it will give them a larf translating them.

I bought a box of Spanish Christmas cards last year - they were dreadful - which I suppose explains why the Spanish don't really 'do' the card thing.

Ended up paying through the nose in an English card shop.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

That is why when I am visiting family next week in UK I am going to do my christmas cards and leave them to be sent there.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 5:16 pm
mr cid

cidshock is an unknown quantity at this point

So it would seem a Card shop would be in order then! Just cards none of those tacky mugs or fluffy things.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good grief, I would hate those fluffy things but yes a good card shop would be excellent, that is as long as where I live they would do internet purchase etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.