Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What NOT to wear!!!!

What NOT to wear!!!!

Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:22 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default What NOT to wear!!!!

Not happy at just snapping little old ladies in their dressing gowns (see other thread) I couldn´t resist taking these photos.

All taken on a very cold winter´s day in February - I bet you can´t guess what nationality they are!

And if I have accidentally caught any of you from this forum - SHAME ON YOU!.

Photo 1 - My particular favourite. His and Hers matching windcheaters.

Photo 2 - A very fetching pair of trousers. (Take note of the appropriately dressed Spanish lady in the background.)

Photo 3 - What the hell??

Mods - I made sure you can´t see any of the faces...please can it stay??
Attached Thumbnails What NOT to wear!!!!-badly-dressed-brits-003.jpg   What NOT to wear!!!!-badly-dressed-brits-002.jpg   What NOT to wear!!!!-badly-dressed-brits-008.jpg  

Last edited by keithwalters; Feb 9th 2007 at 6:50 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:28 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What NOT to wear!!!!

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Not happy at just snapping little old ladies in their dressing gowns (see other thread) I couldn´t resist taking these photos.

All taken on a very cold winter´s day in February - I but you can´t guess what nationality they are!

And if I have accidentally caught any of you from this forum - SHAME ON YOU!.

Photo 1 - My particular favourite. His and Hers matching windcheaters.

Photo 2 - A very fetching pair of trousers. (Take note of the appropriately dressed Spanish lady in the background.)

Photo 3 - What the hell??

Mods - I made sure you can´t see any of the faces...please can it stay??

Is that Chipiona beach I detect there, Keith??
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:32 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Is that Chipiona beach I detect there, Keith??
The names and places shall remain anonymous to protect the innocent.

Well, actually they are as guilty as hell for deliberately choosing those items of clothing, but nonetheless I shalln´t say where I took the snaps!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha keith, you are making me laugh so much!

cant belive you went taking pictures of people in dodgy outfits!!
yeah lets hope they are not in this forum haha!!

no offence but in san sebastian, where i am from, you can always spot the foreigner from miles (tend to have white socks pulled right up, with sandals and very very very pink skin)
.... and i have never seen anyone with PJ's on out back in SS... ever!!.... so that other thread was rather amusing!!!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

ciao1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps the guy with the shorts on is a retired Postman!!!
Attached Thumbnails What NOT to wear!!!!-_42548595_4.jpg  
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

All taken on a very cold winter´s day in February - I but you can´t guess what nationality they are!
Now come on Keith what's very cold? - remember we've got tempratures of -5 here in the UK at the moment!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:36 pm

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Well, actually they are as guilty as hell for deliberately choosing those items of clothing, but nonetheless I shalln´t say where I took the snaps!
The blydi big lighthouse in the background gives it away a bit
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dazzle
Now come on Keith what's very cold? - remember we've got tempratures of -5 here in the UK at the moment!
Yeah but we have central heating and houses built to keep the heat in ..not out!

I hate Spain in the winter ..never again!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by featherbum
hahaha keith, you are making me laugh so much!

cant belive you went taking pictures of people in dodgy outfits!!
yeah lets hope they are not in this forum haha!!

no offence but in san sebastian, where i am from, you can always spot the foreigner from miles (tend to have white socks pulled right up, with sandals and very very very pink skin)
.... and i have never seen anyone with PJ's on out back in SS... ever!!.... so that other thread was rather amusing!!!

Oohhhhh! Featherbum!! (not an expression I ever imagined myself ever saying!!)

I was in San Sebastian in August 2002. The weather was having a bit of a laugh at our expense. The temperature was officially 18ºC (nippy for August) and there was quite an insistent 'breeze' making feel a lot chillier. The beach was PACKED!!!! There were people in the sea FFS!!!! Thinking that these were obviously foreigners, me & Mrs F ventured down only to discover that they were mainly Spanish!!!! We were there with our jeans, jumpers and coats whilst these masochists were in their bikinis and shorts!!!!!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:43 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Aw now...to be fair!!! Maybe they hadn't packed warmer clothing expecting it to be warm in Spain and were doing the best they could to keep warm (thankfully you didn't see what I was wearing when I was over there a couple of weeks ago )
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lionda
Aw now...to be fair!!! Maybe they hadn't packed warmer clothing expecting it to be warm in Spain and were doing the best they could to keep warm (thankfully you didn't see what I was wearing when I was over there a couple of weeks ago )
Too many Tv progs / Crazy Estate Agents pretend that Spain has an all year summer!

I remember it snowing on me in Denia, Costa Blanca 1999 ..I hid under my quilt for a couple of days after that!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:49 pm
has got a huge member

Originally Posted by Lionda
But how does that excuse Mr and Mrs matching windcheaters and the guy with the orange trousers?

I mean, what exactly was going through their heads when they were in the shops and thought to themselves "Mmmm, yes, that would look lovely on me" and actually handed over perfectly good hard earnt money in exchange for the dodgy clobber?
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:52 pm

But how does that excuse Mr and Mrs matching windcheaters and the guy with the orange trousers?

I mean, what exactly was going through their heads when they were in the shops and thought to themselves "Mmmm, yes, that would look lovely on me" and actually handed over perfectly good hard earnt money in exchange for the dodgy clobber?

Anyway Keith. I think your radar's off. Much as I would like them to be sad pathetic Brits, I've a feeling they are Germans or Dutch.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:52 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ciao1966
Too many Tv progs / Crazy Estate Agents pretend that Spain has an all year summer!

I remember it snowing on me in Denia, Costa Blanca 1999 ..I hid under my quilt for a couple of days after that!

I am usually warm blooded and wear shorts and sandals for as long as possible here in England so I expect to be able to wear them for longer in Spain. However.....I have 2 x 13.5 tog duvets and 3 hot water bottles to take with us when we move just in case hubby isn't enough to keep me warm at night
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:55 pm
has got a huge member

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Anyway Keith. I think your radar's off. Much as I would like them to be sad pathetic Brits, I've a feeling they are Germans or Dutch.
Ok, confession time. I did hear the ladies in the third photo gabbling in some language other than English. But don´t spoil the fun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.