Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What made you choose?

What made you choose?

Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of
Default What made you choose?

Hi all

what made people choose inland instead of the coast!

xxx

Last edited by missbad; Aug 16th 2009 at 1:16 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What made you choose?

Originally Posted by missbad
Hi all

What made you choose between a village in the country or on the coast in a town?

xxx
So Spain only consists of coastal resorts and tiny inland villages!
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Veleta
So Spain only consists of coastal resorts and tiny inland villages!
Maybe i did not explain it better, what made people choose inland instead of the coast!
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Maybe i did not explain it better, what made people choose inland instead of the coast!
I chose city...whether it was on the coast or not was irrelevant to me. I haven't set foot on a beach for over 2 years now (even though I'm only 20k away).

I wanted city because I wanted to be surrounded by things to do...ferias, cinemas, shopping centres, museums, DIY superstores, etc, etc without the need for a car to get to everything. I wouldn't even contemplate living 5k outside the city! I hate depending on a car or a "nominated driver" when we go out for the evening.

Also, I needed to be somewhere where I could have a decent amount of work, and that wouldn't be a village or a coastal resort.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

Hi all

what made people choose inland instead of the coast!

xxx
.....we wanted to be as far away from the British as possible!!
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:49 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we are on the costa de la Luz, where thare is a lot less developement, be we chose a bit inland as 1. we didn't want to wake up one morning and find a hotel being built in front of us, and 2. there were no nice plots with a bit of land for love nor money anywhere but where we are.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Jaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really nice

As i have said in another thread, we can see the sea from our house but we are l.5 miles from it - far enough to enjoy peace and quiet, as we are in a cul de sac and near woodland, but near enough to walk to the town/beach - not to mention the exercise we get in doing so.............so living a little inland for us is best -

So if and when we do buy a small place in spain, we will do the same and for the same reasons. I love towns also and have lived right in the centre of Guildford where i worked from home, i lived on the same street as the castle, had views of the river, a few minutes walk from the town centre with all its wonderful shops, bars and theatres etc - but it was bloomin noisy...........so you cant have it all..................When you see all these progs. about Barcelona being the in place to live - all happening etc. Yes it is but theres nowhere to park your car, little open space, not much privacy unless you are behind closed doors and as they say, even in a huge town, it can be a very lonely place.................so its whatever suits the individual and what will suit you at one time in your life could be vastly different from another period.............
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by painterhombre
.....we wanted to be as far away from the British as possible!!
They seem to be everywhere.

Even in the nooks and crannies of the country.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Jaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really nice

Originally Posted by bil
Well, we are on the costa de la Luz, where thare is a lot less developement, be we chose a bit inland as 1. we didn't want to wake up one morning and find a hotel being built in front of us, and 2. there were no nice plots with a bit of land for love nor money anywhere but where we are.
......i thought about that part of spain, heard it was very windy, which is why theres a lot of surfing and water sport, sounds lovely though in its own way............how are you finding it? Where abouts are you?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:56 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaques2go
......i thought about that part of spain, heard it was very windy, which is why theres a lot of surfing and water sport, sounds lovely though in its own way............how are you finding it? Where abouts are you?
We are in a small aldea near Vejer. Not so windy as Tarifa, but enough breeze to be cooling. It's hot but dry.

I love it, and cannot wait till I can chuck it all in and take early retirement, the earlier the better.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaques2go
Its a lovely part of Spain, very unspoilt, but yes windy.

We were there last year and the 2 girls were moaning that they were cold in the pool because of the wind - something almost unheard of in the warmer climes of Spain.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

we stayed in a villa in Chiclana last year, it was a lovely area, very unspoilt, but extremely windy, in fact when the wind whips up it can feel "cold" even though its sweltering hot!

(Theres a chringuito (beach bar) on La barossa beach called "Bar habana" who serve the BEST steak i have had in my life! ) yum yum
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paintermujer

We were there last year and the 2 girls were moaning that they were cold in the pool because of the wind - something almost unheard of in the warmer climes of Spain.
hey i just said that, you could have come upstairs and told me that in person!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:59 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by paintermujer

It's not too windy. It's a pain if you are doing something that the wind interferes with, like putting fibreglass mesh on the roof, but otherwise the wind is like a friend rumpling your hair vigorously (most of the time.) The locals curse the Levante, but its cooling effect is wonderful.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by painterhombre
hey i just said that, you could have come upstairs and told me that in person!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey.

Great minds think alike.

And yes the steak.

Guy and his meat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.