Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

:: What a lot of Rubbish !! ::

:: What a lot of Rubbish !! ::

Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:39 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default :: What a lot of Rubbish !! ::

Sat down thinking to myself well i will have a quick flick through the local free paper while i have me little tipple of Finest real ale , before going to bed , relatively in a calm peaceful state of mind after having a lovely sunny day here .

The usual stuff in the paper 85% adverts and a few articles , when i read that my town is very shortly to change its Rubbish collection to every 2nd week !! What the heck is all that about

We generate about 3 black bags of waste a week and we are only 2 people !!

it also said we will have to keep the rubbish at the premesis until collection day then it must fit into the wheelie bin ? If its not in the bin they wont collect ?
How is 6 bags gonna fit into 1 wheelie bin ? LOL

And who is going to pay for all the Rat poison we will no doubt require when the road is full of peoples rubbish left outside

They give us a Rate increase to £1,800 and do less are they for real

Is it me or have the people in charge really lost the plot ??

Its 2007 not 1807 do they want to bring back the plague ? Is it yet another way for them to drive us out the Country I am sure some conspiracy a foot here

In Spain i hear of daily collections , and we get 14 .. lol
What a sad country Uk is becoming , sooner i go the better me thinks ..
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: :: What a lot of Rubbish !! ::

There are also some areas where they have fitted a small hidden device under the lid of your whelie bin that enables your rubbish to be weighed by the bin waggon.
Anyone going over the prescribed limit in the future will be charged extra

Have a look under the front lip of your bin, near the lid. This device is the same shape and size of a penny.
If you find one remove it and send it back to the council

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...bin/article.do
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:58 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

I know what you mean, I have been getting collections every two weeks for 6 months now here in Folkestone. Yet they collect 'clean rubbish' which has to be washed before recycling every week?

The theory of it is, if you recycle every week you will have less 'unrecyclable waste' so two weeks is viable.

In practice, especially in the summer, you have disgusting bins all over the road, in our area its particularly rife with seagulls too who rip them open on a regular basis. There are also maggots around the bins and crawling around the streets.

I'm not a serial moaner, as Im sure you are not, Im 28 and have my own flat, but the amount of times I have complained and nothing is done is incredible.

Unfortunately nothing has changed.

I move to Spain on April 18th. Forever.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Yes. it's awful, it really is. If this happens where I am at the moment(hopefully not much longer) then I would expect other bins to recycle with. At the moment I have a normal bin and a paper bin. Normal bin emptied every weeks and paper bin every 2 weeks.

Would plastic need another bin?

Would glass need another?(might have to cut down on the wine)

Tin cans need another?

Even then, once every two weeks? What If i cook a chicken? Apparently I'm supposed to rap it up in newspaper(that I'm supposed to recycle) or put it in a separate plastic bag (don't degrade??) to avoid foul smells and maggots and any other pests that may come a calling.

Here is a crazy idea. Let's keep the weekly collection. Lets put recycle bins at the end of each street that everyone can use. Let's put a tax on glass and plastic bottles. They have this system in parts of Germany. You are taxed extra on the bottles you buy. When they are empty you take them back to where you bought them and put them through a machine. The machine then issues you with a credit for the amount you were taxed, this amount can be taken off your next bill.

Give people realistic incentives and let us feel good about ourselves too.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:25 am
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Wow just read that article !!

A joke isnt it ? If one of them goes on my wheelie bin it will simply be accidentaly damaged

And as far as i am concerned the rubbish will go down the drive as usual ie weekly !! and if they dont collect it well it will stay for ever

I have a very long drive fortunately

Sooner we escape the better right
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Keri2323
I know what you mean, I have been getting collections every two weeks for 6 months now here in Folkestone. Yet they collect 'clean rubbish' which has to be washed before recycling every week?

The theory of it is, if you recycle every week you will have less 'unrecyclable waste' so two weeks is viable.

In practice, especially in the summer, you have disgusting bins all over the road, in our area its particularly rife with seagulls too who rip them open on a regular basis. There are also maggots around the bins and crawling around the streets.

I'm not a serial moaner, as Im sure you are not, Im 28 and have my own flat, but the amount of times I have complained and nothing is done is incredible.

Unfortunately nothing has changed.

I move to Spain on April 18th. Forever.
What you wash the rubbish ?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:28 am
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

You have to wash all bottles, plastics etc. that you recycle or the will NOT take them!

If they are not totally cleaned out, they leave them outside.

welcome to hell, lol!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:30 am
Banned

You have to wash all bottles, plastics etc. that you recycle or the will NOT take them!

If they are not totally cleaned out, they leave them outside.

welcome to hell, lol!
Your winding me up ? surely !!

Jeez so mrs Bigpete is gonna do the dishes then the tins hmmmmmm that should be a laugh she wont do that and i most certainly wont
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:32 am
I have a member

Honestly, if any food is left in them they leave them there. There has been MASSES of complaints in the local papers, I cant believe you guys havent experienced this yet.

Trust me you are lucky, but its coming
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:35 am
Banned

Honestly, if any food is left in them they leave them there. There has been MASSES of complaints in the local papers, I cant believe you guys havent experienced this yet.

Oh i know its coming i read it today

Well why do you do it ? When are we going to stand up and say NO MORE your taking the pee ?

I can assure you unless they pay me for my time ? I will not wash a single tin or plastic container and the rubbish will sit at the kerb !!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Why are people so opposed to change? What's wrong with washing out your tins, how many would you go through in a day? Just open it, use the contents, wash it straight away. Put it in the recycling bin. End of story.

We keep 2 bins in the kitchen, 1 for normal waste and 1 for recycling and no it doesn't stink as it's all clean

There are only so many landfills to fill after all. What will happen then?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:39 am
I have a member

Because if you leave your rubbish in the street and it gets ripped open they send 'bin inspeators' to look through it for letters or proof its yours and they fine you, hahahahahaha!!!

I wish I was joking
Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Sat down thinking to myself well i will have a quick flick through the local free paper while i have me little tipple of Finest real ale , before going to bed , relatively in a calm peaceful state of mind after having a lovely sunny day here .

The usual stuff in the paper 85% adverts and a few articles , when i read that my town is very shortly to change its Rubbish collection to every 2nd week !! What the heck is all that about

We generate about 3 black bags of waste a week and we are only 2 people !!

it also said we will have to keep the rubbish at the premesis until collection day then it must fit into the wheelie bin ? If its not in the bin they wont collect ?
How is 6 bags gonna fit into 1 wheelie bin ? LOL

And who is going to pay for all the Rat poison we will no doubt require when the road is full of peoples rubbish left outside

They give us a Rate increase to £1,800 and do less are they for real

Is it me or have the people in charge really lost the plot ??

Its 2007 not 1807 do they want to bring back the plague ? Is it yet another way for them to drive us out the Country I am sure some conspiracy a foot here

In Spain i hear of daily collections , and we get 14 .. lol
What a sad country Uk is becoming , sooner i go the better me thinks ..
Hubby and i was talking about that as there is 7 of us at his mums at the moment and our bins are always full.
Even when we had our own house and it used to be every week we had a lot of rubbish.
Here in lincoln we have 4 bins now all for recycling we have to wash the can etc squash the boxes no longer can we use the black sacks to put our food waste in . Thing is i do not see a reduction in the bloody council tax, oh no it bloody goes up every april.
makes me laugh as the bin men come and shove two bins at a time in so i cant see the point of having all these bins for different things xxxx
Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shears
Why are people so opposed to change? What's wrong with washing out your tins, how many would you go through in a day? Just open it, use the contents, wash it straight away. Put it in the recycling bin. End of story.

We keep 2 bins in the kitchen, 1 for normal waste and 1 for recycling and no it doesn't stink as it's all clean

There are only so many landfills to fill after all. What will happen then?
once england is full we will ship it to france and then when we have covered france we will ship it to spain
Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

also the landfills will never be full in our days of this planet after that hey ho i will be dead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.