Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

what if GB leaves the EU...

what if GB leaves the EU...

Old Oct 14th 2014, 3:03 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what if GB leaves the EU...

Thank you have confirmed that Farage is no better than the others which combined with his policies is an even better reason not to vote for him.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 3:16 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

The UK is pretty equally divided between the left and right in politics and corruption levels among all our politicians. It is also pretty equally divided between people who want to stay in the EU and those who want to leave. I'm an expat who lives in Spain because my country's membership of the EU allows me to do so.

Believing in democracy, a liberal democracy at that, I need to go along with what the people vote for, and I have no problems with that. If they vote to leave the EU then I will leave the EU.

Some people put forward the argument that it will be possible to stay in Spain if the UK leaves the EU. I don't believe that to be correct, at least not with any degree of security, and I do not wish to dine on whale meat like the Norwegians, or make cuckoo clocks like the Swiss. And I'm not all that keen on lots of snow and rain either.

And I can't yodel.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 3:45 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
The UK is pretty equally divided between the left and right in politics and corruption levels among all our politicians. It is also pretty equally divided between people who want to stay in the EU and those who want to leave. I'm an expat who lives in Spain because my country's membership of the EU allows me to do so.

Believing in democracy, a liberal democracy at that, I need to go along with what the people vote for, and I have no problems with that. If they vote to leave the EU then I will leave the EU.

Some people put forward the argument that it will be possible to stay in Spain if the UK leaves the EU. I don't believe that to be correct, at least not with any degree of security, and I do not wish to dine on whale meat like the Norwegians, or make cuckoo clocks like the Swiss. And I'm not all that keen on lots of snow and rain either.

And I can't yodel.
I respect your opinion, but tell me how is it that so many non-EU citizens successfully live and work in Spain? Why don't they throw them out too?

Or would it only apply to UK citizens out of some sort of political "spite" for leaving the EU - like a bad divorce, "Just get out! - yeah, you and anybody that speaks like you"...
Old Oct 14th 2014, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Reading the unsubstantiated ranting and raving on this forum encourages me to vote UKIP at every possibility.

Similarly I believe it was the anti UKIP blathering by the media that led to UK voters coming out so strongly in favour of UKIP for the EU vote and possibly the two by-elections.

I doubt this scenario will change for next years election
Old Oct 14th 2014, 5:22 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Fred I can understand you not believing anything you see on the BBC, not been the same since they stopped wearing dinner jackets to read the news has it ?
But suggesting that the UKIP bible the DM is printing unsubstantiated reports is taking it a bit too far even for you.
I see that Godfrey Bloom has left UKIP , its even got too strange for him.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Fred I can understand you not believing anything you see on the BBC, not been the same since they stopped wearing dinner jackets to read the news has it ?
But suggesting that the UKIP bible the DM is printing unsubstantiated reports is taking it a bit too far even for you.
I see that Godfrey Bloom has left UKIP , its even got too strange for him.
Been to the toilet again, have we?
Old Oct 14th 2014, 5:41 pm
EMR
Banned

There is a thing called the internet.
As per the toilet , could do with some paper so please send me copies of the UKIP manifesto.
Of course you cannot as they do not have one, sorry not they but Nige, cannot see hin allowing anyone else in his party to have a say in any of their " policies ".
Old Oct 14th 2014, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

'Of course you cannot as they do not have one, sorry not they but Nige, cannot see hin allowing anyone else in his party to have a say in any of their " policies ".'

Is he talking English?
Old Oct 14th 2014, 5:59 pm
EMR
Banned

For your benefit.

UKIP does NOT have a manifesto , as stated by Nige.
UKIP is a one man party and if they get a manifesto it will be written by Nige, with little if any contribution from any other party members.
A bit like chairman Maos little red book.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EMR
For your benefit.

UKIP does NOT have a manifesto , as stated by Nige.
UKIP is a one man party and if they get a manifesto it will be written by Nige, with little if any contribution from any other party members.
A bit like chairman Maos little red book.
You must be BE’s first serial Daily Mail reader. If you’re not reading it in the toilet, as you said you were, you are reading it on the internet. You can’t get enough of it!
Old Oct 14th 2014, 6:39 pm
EMR
Banned

It was not in the DM.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha
You must be BE’s first serial Daily Mail reader.
Hi la mancha well I'm certainly not a DM reader but we both know who is

The same person who never posts links to substantiate his gobshite
Old Oct 14th 2014, 7:28 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Hi la mancha well I'm certainly not a DM reader but we both know who is

The same person who never posts links to substantiate his gobshite
Typical UKIP response, If you do not like the news in the press, Tv etc,then ignore it.
Where ever your heads are it must be very dark up there.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 8:39 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I give up on common sense, which clears the air at times, and it's only an internet discussion between people who don't exist in real life.

Tories fight for their right wing tax evaders, Labour fight for their communists waiting for a revolution that has passed the UK by, and there are no others who count.

I can't think of anything that can possibly change over the next 20 years or so.

Not even Prince Charles becoming King. I don't see anything wrong with talking to trees. You could get a lot more sense out of talking to the trees than some of the contributors on this thread.