British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   What has happened to the weather?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/what-has-happened-weather-442037/)

mitzipurr Apr 13th 2007 11:05 pm

What has happened to the weather??

Just returned from London and it was scorching hot about 25 degrees - seems like UK have our weather and we have theirs maybe??:confused:

sunnydee Apr 13th 2007 11:15 pm

Re: What has happened to the weather??

I (very sadly) have several places in Spain and London on my google page showing the weather and it looks like London is going to stay higher than anywhere in spain for the next 3 days.
Only problem is we are going to really notice it when it goes back down to 14 next week.

mikelincs Apr 14th 2007 6:54 am

Originally Posted by sunnydee (Post 4639348)
I (very sadly) have several places in Spain and London on my google page showing the weather and it looks like London is going to stay higher than anywhere in spain for the next 3 days.
Only problem is we are going to really notice it when it goes back down to 14 next week.

Well we can let the UK have a few days bewtter than over here can't we. We're very generous like that as we know that ours will get better, but the Uk is likely to have peaked and it's all downhill from now, UK, SUMMER WILL BE OVER NEXT WEEK.:D :lol: :rofl:

Keri2323 Apr 14th 2007 11:14 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 4640058)
Well we can let the UK have a few days bewtter than over here can't we. We're very generous like that as we know that ours will get better, but the Uk is likely to have peaked and it's all downhill from now, UK, SUMMER WILL BE OVER NEXT WEEK.:D :lol: :rofl:

Thats what Im thinking, you see people donning their shorts, lilywhite legs an' all, at the first sign of light over here, its hilarious. The beaches are packed even in a chilly wind, you see some people actually shivering but they still lie there :rofl: Good old British stalwarts.

:p

IntuitiveNipple Apr 14th 2007 1:34 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Keri2323 (Post 4640707)
... shorts, lilywhite legs an' all...

Just to prove we aren't all pasties, I've just taken a photo whilst laid here in the hammock in glorious sunshine (feels like 26C - indoors says 20C) !

jeanc Apr 14th 2007 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by IntuitiveNipple (Post 4641019)
Just to prove we aren't all pasties, I've just taken a photo whilst laid here in the hammock in glorious sunshine (feels like 26C - indoors says 20C) !

Its 25 degrees here in sheff, the pinkies are out in force seeing how many beers they can down before winter comes back.. England is as lovely as anywhere when the suns out just we all know today could be the last we see of it for a month!

lynnxa Apr 14th 2007 2:52 pm

what it is...........there are so many of us brits here now..............someone decided we might miss our weather:frown:

Pam Sarky Apr 20th 2007 1:52 pm

What can I say except "THE BLOODY WEATHER IS CRAP AGAIN" :curse: :curse: We get a few nice days and think this is it summers on its way, and what happens? IT BLOODY RAINS ALL DAY!!!!

onlineamiga Apr 20th 2007 2:02 pm

Amusingly i was looking at BBC weather for Malaga, and its rain black clouds etc until Monday when its got a bright sunshine and 21C yaaay. Thats gotta be a good omen.

Then i checked it again toady and that bright sunshine has changed to a black cloud.. GRRRRRRRR!

Its got a bit rubbish again in the UK as well. Grey skies and not particularly warm so dont worry about it.

I know i will see sun when i get to spain :)

crispy Apr 20th 2007 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by sam parky (Post 4672677)
What can I say except "THE BLOODY WEATHER IS CRAP AGAIN" :curse: :curse: We get a few nice days and think this is it summers on its way, and what happens? IT BLOODY RAINS ALL DAY!!!!

Snap, snap and snap, actually really not raining that much but it might as well be it's really :thumbdown: :thumbdown: grey, windy, cold :confused: where am I. This time last year it was OK my daughter was here and I remember sun bathing on the beach with her. Still can't complain to much was sat down by the sea front last night until 9.30pm no cardie on and needed the sunglass's until the sun went down....bliss

crispy Apr 20th 2007 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by onlineamiga (Post 4672723)

I know i will see sun when i get to spain :)

Don't bank on that, Andrew;) my goose bumps have goose bumps at the moment

mikelincs Apr 20th 2007 2:29 pm

gorgegous weather here on the CB south, bright hot sun all day, have just returned from the beach.

crispy Apr 20th 2007 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 4672869)
gorgegous weather here on the CB south, bright hot sun all day, have just returned from the beach.

&&%&()()*(&^&*_()*&^ to you as well:rofl:

Pam Sarky Apr 20th 2007 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 4672869)

Ok ok dont rub it in!!! :p

brisca Apr 20th 2007 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by sam parky (Post 4672677)

When I read this earlier Sam, I thought "ugh??" :unsure: because it was sunny here (although not as warm as the past few days)

However...............not that long ago, the sky started turning a nasty shade of grey and now we're having thunder, lightning and plenty of rain :eek:

You didn't have to share it, and send it this way, you know! ;)