Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What happened to Ayamonte?

What happened to Ayamonte?

Old Aug 19th 2021, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What happened to Ayamonte?

Thanks. I've started my own thread.
Old Aug 19th 2021, 2:51 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe if you have a local question you just put Ayemonte in the title. The Search and Advance Search work well and if you've posted in a thread, you'll likely be subscribed to it and so it'll show up in your Subscribed list.
Old Aug 19th 2021, 2:57 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking it might be a good idea to put "Ayamonte" as the first word in any new posting
Old Aug 19th 2021, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad idea generally. In many instances it ​​​​​​can be very helpful knowing the area someone is posting from.
Old Aug 19th 2021, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
I was thinking it might be a good idea to put "Ayamonte" as the first word in any new posting
When the Gibraltar sub-forum was removed I started a thread titled GIBRALTAR now progressed to GIBRALTAR 2 and posted all that was Gibraltar specific in that thread,
Old Aug 19th 2021, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Alexi is an unknown quantity at this point

I’m new and have just subscribed to the Ayamonte forum. Very disappointed as was looking forward to useful info. I’m not that savvy and can’t see myself using this site any more. Too complicated for me unfortunately as only interested in things to do with and going on in Ayamonte and close surrounds.
Old Aug 19th 2021, 8:48 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
When the Gibraltar sub-forum was removed I started a thread titled GIBRALTAR now progressed to GIBRALTAR 2 and posted all that was Gibraltar specific in that thread,
Hola,

That could be a good idea for information, but with the number of people that live in the area, if you think about replies and "chit chat" then it would soon become unwieldy. If it were renewed monthly as in "Ayamonte 2021 August" and then "Ayamonte 2021 September" etc, then it could work but I think that the mods should be asked about the feasibility

Davexf
Old Aug 19th 2021, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

kazcharl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Well its unlike the mods/admin to do this without any explanation, even out of courtesy, for a long running sub-forum...

Ive also got a load of messages in my inbox all saying the same thing, (I suppose, I'm not going to read them all...)... No-one wants that....

So right now, like the other posts, Im not sûre why this was done - though this may be a reasonable guess....
very disappointed this has happened
Old Aug 19th 2021, 10:45 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola,

That could be a good idea for information, but with the number of people that live in the area, if you think about replies and "chit chat" then it would soon become unwieldy. If it were renewed monthly as in "Ayamonte 2021 August" and then "Ayamonte 2021 September" etc, then it could work but I think that the mods should be asked about the feasibility

Davexf
Not a good idea at all. The Spain forum would become chaotic if every area followed suit. Members from other areas often ask for help with things such as "where can I buy............" and then say for example "in Javea". People in the know then provide them with the information. It is very easy to take part in the forum in this manner.

Rosemary
Old Aug 20th 2021, 3:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm interested to know how some of you think the rest of the BE forum works? Ayemonte is was the only sub forum dedicated to one very small area of a country. Every other forum is country specific and no one has a problem navigating the site for what they want. I'm honestly confused.
Old Aug 20th 2021, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold

Where do I find my "subscribed" list please? I can't find it. Dhu!
Hopefully, all will become a bit clearer shortly. Thanks
Old Aug 20th 2021, 6:49 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn
Where do I find my "subscribed" list please? I can't find it. Dhu!
Hopefully, all will become a bit clearer shortly. Thanks
Do you use a phone or a laptop ?
Old Aug 20th 2021, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
Do you use a phone or a laptop ?

I use both (iOS). Sorry but I suspect I’m not subscribed to any that I didn’t start. I didn’t need to subscribe to them the way it was functioning as an AYAMONTE sub forum so it never came up as an issue before. Sorry again.

Last edited by ElizabethAnn; Aug 20th 2021 at 7:11 am.
Old Aug 20th 2021, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'm interested to know how some of you think the rest of the BE forum works? Ayemonte is was the only sub forum dedicated to one very small area of a country. Every other forum is country specific and no one has a problem navigating the site for what they want. I'm honestly confused.
I suspect it’s connected with familiarity. If it worked in a particular way when we joined - and clearly it did - we have not used many if the features that other users are familiar with. Now the rug has been pulled out from under us and we don’t have the foundation that others got from the beginning. I’m very IT savvy but was lost in the platform to begin with and still can’t find my past familiar Threads as I wasn’t subscribed to any if them. Is this any help?
Old Aug 20th 2021, 8:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn
I use both (iOS). Sorry but I suspect I’m not subscribed to any that I didn’t start. I didn’t need to subscribe to them the way it was functioning as an AYAMONTE sub forum so it never came up as an issue before. Sorry again.
You can find all of your previous posts just by clicking on your username and selecting from the drop down menu. You can then choose to subscribe to any of the threads you've posted in that you wish.

If you did subscribe to any, then you can find them on your profile.

HTH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.