Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What do you like/dislike about the Spanish summer?

What do you like/dislike about the Spanish summer?

Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:00 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What do you like/dislike about the Spanish summer?

I thought we could discuss everyones likes and dislikes about the long hot summers here in Spain.

So here goes with mine........

LIKE.......The constant 24hr heat In winter I am warm one minute in the garden then go in the shade or in the house and its cold!!

DISLIKE........Mozzies, crickets and cockroaches
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:06 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you like/dislike about the Spanish summer?

You have started this to annoy me haven't you?
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You have started this to annoy me haven't you?

You dont realise what we have to put up with, with all that heat
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:07 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference

You dont realise what we have to put up with, with all that heat
as yet, in almost 2 years of being here, I haven't put anyone on ignore.......
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:10 pm

as yet, in almost 2 years of being here, I haven't put anyone on ignore.......
Listen......I was just sat outside, feet up, having a cool beer and just thought "The long hot summer is just around the corner" So I started a thread on it, simple as
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:12 pm
Straw Man.

Listen......I was just sat outside, feet up, having a cool beer and just thought "The long hot summer is just around the corner" So I started a thread on it, simple as
If I did smilies I would post a crying smilie!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:17 pm

If I did smilies I would post a crying smilie!
Like this one
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:20 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

My likes and dislikes about the Spanish summer

only dislikes - coz im not there to enjoy it
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Summer - TOO HOT!!!!

Spring/Autumn - As good as Anabella naked - probably.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:16 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

I've been sat outside with tequilla and lemonade relaxing in a cool breeze and doing crosswords thinking that summer is just around the corner The part I will dislike is the intense heat and the annoying insects, particularly the noisy cicadas. Apart from that I will enjoy the long days and staying outside until the early hours Only until the end of July then I will probably need to buy thermal undies for the rest of the summer in Lancs
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:17 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
I've been sat outside with tequilla and lemonade relaxing in a cool breeze and doing crosswords thinking that summer is just around the corner The part I will dislike is the intense heat and the annoying insects, particularly the noisy cicadas. Apart from that I will enjoy the long days and staying outside until the early hours Only until the end of July then I will probably need to buy thermal undies for the rest of the summer in Lancs
no doubt about it my dear
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
If I were in your shoes (), I wouldn't go back until October!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:42 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by valenciatim
If I were in your shoes (), I wouldn't go back until October!
get lost - we have a lot of catching up to do
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:48 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I find the cicadas, crickets and so on very soothing.

I was once in Spain, morocco and so on for a few months, and when I came home it was very hard to sleep without the treefrogs, crickets and so on.

One time we were in a small valley full of olive groves and each tree was completely SMOTHERED with cicadas.

The noise was like a physical thing, and everything just seemed to vibrate! OK, so that was too much!!

As for heat. There are a lot of things you can do to alleviate it.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
............The noise was like a physical thing, and everything just seemed to vibrate! ................
That is just about a perfect definition of noise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.