Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What do you do?

What do you do?

Old Mar 25th 2020, 9:16 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do you do?

OK folks, obviously the forum is very quiet because of us all being under house arrest so I thought that as we no longer have our little siesta sub forum that I would start a thread to take its place.

So in this thread I thought that we could talk about how we are filling the time.

Personally I am spending far more time on the computer but I am also pulling rooms apart and thoroughly cleaning them to make me feel less guilty about that. As I love to do a lot of crafts and have loads of stash I am spoilt for choice but have a tendency to stick with cross stitch. Reading is my real passion so that is a huge factor for me.

OK that is my very boring bit, lets hear from all of you.

Rosemary
Old Mar 25th 2020, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Monkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you do?

I get up, feed the dog, cat, chickens and birds in the aviary then walk the dog. I am in to my fitness so like To ruń around my garden for half hour til I am dizzy!
unfortunately my hobbies are cycling, scuba diving, skiing and running so hobby wise I am kippered!

I did however pollard my olive trees a few months ago and have been making walking sticks from the left over wood!

Today I am going to forego the dizzying run around the garden and try a YouTube fitness video.

Baking has been a big feature in our lives at the moment with cakes and pies galore ( hence the fitness training ) oh and Netflix!

I think when this is all over I am going to go dizzy with freedom!
Old Mar 25th 2020, 10:26 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Monkey104
I get up, feed the dog, cat, chickens and birds in the aviary then walk the dog. I am in to my fitness so like To ruń around my garden for half hour til I am dizzy!
unfortunately my hobbies are cycling, scuba diving, skiing and running so hobby wise I am kippered!

I did however pollard my olive trees a few months ago and have been making walking sticks from the left over wood!

Today I am going to forego the dizzying run around the garden and try a YouTube fitness video.

Baking has been a big feature in our lives at the moment with cakes and pies galore ( hence the fitness training ) oh and Netflix!

I think when this is all over I am going to go dizzy with freedom!
What are you planning to do with the walking sticks that you are making?

Rosemary
Old Mar 25th 2020, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Monkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond reputeMonkey104 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea lol! I will use one for dog walking, I will give one to a friend who has just had a back operation, unfortunately he lives an hour away and due to lock down we can’t visit anyway.
I plan on making more as I just like the process of planing, sanding, burning for finish and varnishing.
i just need some leather or braid for the strap.
i will probably give them as presents to my lovely Spanish neighbours.
Old Mar 25th 2020, 10:50 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
What are you planning to do with the walking sticks that you are making?

Rosemary
He could use them to fend off anyone not keeping the 2m distance
Old Mar 25th 2020, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Red Eric
😆
Old Mar 25th 2020, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Monkey104
I have no idea lol! I will use one for dog walking, I will give one to a friend who has just had a back operation, unfortunately he lives an hour away and due to lock down we can’t visit anyway.
I plan on making more as I just like the process of planing, sanding, burning for finish and varnishing.
i just need some leather or braid for the strap.
i will probably give them as presents to my lovely Spanish neighbours.
Great way to pass the time, a useful end result and will eventually be giving someone else a lovely gift. Be nice to see a photo of one or more.

Rosemary
Old Mar 25th 2020, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric
Too true.

Rosemary
Old Mar 25th 2020, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

I have become a personal tutor to my two children (7 and 10). So far I absolutely love it, but that is mainly due to my being signed off work so I can dedicate all my time to this. The fact that the Spanish school system is based around set textbooks, of which every child has their own copy, means it is very easy to keep up with the curriculum. The teachers just tell us what exercises to do and we send back photos of the completed work. Because it is a bilingual school, most of the work is in English anyway, which obviously works to our advantage. We get the work done quickly, which leaves us more time for things like piano practice, reading, art, etc. So far this couldn't have worked out better for us. I feel guilty when I think how some people are having to cope, such as single parent families or families with both parents working, elderly people living on their own, etc.
Old Mar 25th 2020, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
OK folks, obviously the forum is very quiet because of us all being under house arrest so I thought that as we no longer have our little siesta sub forum that I would start a thread to take its place.

So in this thread I thought that we could talk about how we are filling the time.

Personally I am spending far more time on the computer but I am also pulling rooms apart and thoroughly cleaning them to make me feel less guilty about that. As I love to do a lot of crafts and have loads of stash I am spoilt for choice but have a tendency to stick with cross stitch. Reading is my real passion so that is a huge factor for me.

OK that is my very boring bit, lets hear from all of you.

Rosemary
We're lucky to have a garden (see photo) so as it's sunny we're working in the morning and sitting in the sun after lunch, reading all the books I buy on Amazon, but haven't yet read.
Not allowed to go to the allotment, which is a pity as my potatoes are sprouting well and need to be planted.
Trying to entertain our Down's son, such as dominoes; he used to play well, but now seems worse! Hopefully the restriction will be lifted after April 11th.
Watched a lovely DVD last night.....The intern.
Wonder if anyone has favourites they'd recommend?

Ander feeding the birds

Old Mar 25th 2020, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

We (in Abruzzo) were getting the garden sorted until the snow and chill wind arrived on Tuesday! So now it's redoing jigsaws and using up the Internet.
Old Mar 25th 2020, 1:17 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

In France, gym once a day with my daughters via skype, sudokus and other cerebral sports, reading, resumption of piano and indoor bike, more gardening than usual (when the weather permits), more housework (no more charlady for the duration), and much more internet than usual. Shopping once a week, with all due precautions. It's feasible, but then I have a garden and only myself to entertain....
LBCOT !! (new expression learnt on the France forum!)
Old Mar 25th 2020, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Lmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond reputeLmj2018 has a reputation beyond repute

We had big plans for out garden. Unfortunately this is the first dry day since lockdown!
I am recovering from my kidney cancer surgery, had the kidney and some other bits removed, so have to take it easy anyway. Have read lots of books, listened to music that we haven’t played for years.
improving our Spanish, which is good.
Once I am able to hold a guitar would love to learn to play.
we chat/ FaceTime with family who are spread all over the world.
Every evening at 8 pm, people in the village play an agreed piece of music, flash lights and make a noise in support of all the emergency services. A great community spirit.
Cant wait for the weather to improve.
stay safe.
Old Mar 25th 2020, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
We (in Abruzzo) were getting the garden sorted until the snow and chill wind arrived on Tuesday! So now it's redoing jigsaws and using up the Internet.
How are things in Abruzzo ? I kinda follow Il Volo and one them is that area. Thanks to them I have a lot more singers to listen to :-) Take care.

I normally live quite a solitary life and pass my time crafting, always listen to music, been spending more time on FB keeping touch with family and friends in the UK.
Old Mar 25th 2020, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
How are things in Abruzzo ? I kinda follow Il Volo and one them is that area. Thanks to them I have a lot more singers to listen to :-) Take care.

I normally live quite a solitary life and pass my time crafting, always listen to music, been spending more time on FB keeping touch with family and friends in the UK.
hola Val, are you able to get to the shops?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.