Reload this Page >

What to do in Madrid????

What to do in Madrid????

Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

Gavinimorris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to do in Madrid????

Hi All,

Myself and the Girlfriend have been living in Madrid for the past 3 months and if i'm honest haven't had the funds to do much until now,
Has anyone got any good ideas of places to visit, things to do etc???
We've seen and walked around most of the "known" sites Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Gran Via, Bernabeu etc but has anyone got any further ideas??? restaurants, bars etc etc...

Cheers Everyone
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default Re: What to do in Madrid????

Originally Posted by Gavinimorris
Hi All,

Myself and the Girlfriend have been living in Madrid for the past 3 months and if i'm honest haven't had the funds to do much until now,
Has anyone got any good ideas of places to visit, things to do etc???
We've seen and walked around most of the "known" sites Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Gran Via, Bernabeu etc but has anyone got any further ideas??? restaurants, bars etc etc...

Cheers Everyone
Hi Gavin
Do your or your girlfriend like going to football matches ?
I think you may find Madrid has a decent team or two

Chris
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:02 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, good to hear you've now got funds (if I understand your post correctly)
This site often has a selection of different things you can do:
http://www.in-madrid.com/
May be worth searching on Facebook for different groups. For instance I'm sure there's an English language hikers group (and plenty of mountain trails close to Madrid). Also may be worth checking out the Xanadu in-door ski centre and shopping centre
http://www.gomadrid.com/shopping/Xanadu.html
If you want to get out of Madrid for nice day trips, the usual suspects are Toledo and Segovia (but be warned can be cold at this time of year). Other destinations close to Madrid include Avile, El Escorial, Alcala de Henares and Chinchon. If you want to get to the sea (and if you now have plenty of money) you can always take the high speed line to Valencia. There again, if you have plenty of time you can still get to coastal cities by coach for very reasonable prices.
Lastly - you mention you've seen the normal sites, but haven't mentioned the museums/art galleries. May be worth a try?
Old Jan 28th 2011, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

One of the best places to eat in Madrid is Mercado de San Miquel. Its a gourmet market with fab tapas and the best gin and tonics ever. Regards Bryony
Attached Thumbnails What to do in Madrid????-madrid-may-2010-029.jpg  
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

emlu will become famous soon enoughemlu will become famous soon enough

I tried to put a link up but it hasn't appeared.
If you put "Guía de Museos y Colecciones + Madrid + Área de descargas" into google and click on the top four links you'll see there are several excellent guides published by the Madrid Council. Some have English in them.
Don't forget some places are free on Wednesdays.
There are way more things to see than are included in the average guide book.
Have fun!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:39 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

The best kept secrets of Madrid - some great pictures...

http://www.libertaddigital.com/multi...retos-turismo/