Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What can you tell me about Albox?

What can you tell me about Albox?

Old Aug 16th 2014, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Gilly Little is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What can you tell me about Albox?

Can I ask for opinions on Albox, Almeria, as a place to retire too?
Old Aug 16th 2014, 10:52 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What can you tell me about Albox?

Originally Posted by Gilly Little
Hi Gilly,

Welcome to BE. I've got a family member living in Albox but unfortunately can't tell you much about it as I've never been. We might have some members who live there (or near there) though, so I've moved your post to our Spain forum for you.
Old Aug 16th 2014, 11:47 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gilly Little
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 17th 2014, 5:40 am
Just Joined

David Stagg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Personally I would say don't. On the positive side there is lots of pretty countryside around and property is quite cheap but it must be one of the worst places is Spain for illegal building and when we were there crooked lawyers and estate agents, Albox itself has very few facilities ie. decent shops restaurants etc. You have a good drive to get to reasonable shopping, restaurants or the coast. Sorry to sound so pessimistic - we retired and lived there for 7 years and certainly wouldn't go back. we're now in the Costa del Sol but finding it too busy (opposite to Albox) and have just bought near to Fortuna in Murcia when we are hoping is a good compromise, good scenery yet not too far from civilisation. Good luck in your retirement.
Old Aug 17th 2014, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Gilly Little is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you david, that was really helpful. There are certainly some lovely properties and we were swayed by the pricing of course. How can you find out if a property is illegal? Do you have to trust your solicitor to do that for you?

Thanks,
Gilly
Old Aug 17th 2014, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Yes your solicitor, and make sure you have a good one, will do a search. Ours is doing one for us now. Rule of thumb I'd say that most new built property around Albox is illegal. We are buying a property just north of Fortuna, Murcia in the mountains yet we only 1/2 hourish from Murcia big shopping centre, hospital etc. We are excited about the move, seems a good compromise - but bear in mind we haven't lived there yet. We also got the 3 bed. house with pool at a fantastic price. Wasn't too keen on the scenery closer to the A7. Generally the prices around there are really good. We found ours on Stratus International's website and they were very very helpful - might be worth having a look, don't worry I'm not on commission. We've lived in Spain for a few years so if there is anything you think we could help you with just ask. Best David and Joan
Old Aug 17th 2014, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Keithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond repute

Hola, david thats a great website but do you know of any for CDS area.... Not rightmove lol. I like the 'coastal' tick box on the Stratus website! Thank you keith.
Old Aug 17th 2014, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Hi Keith

Depends if you want the coast or inland but Viva is pretty comprehensive and we bought where we are at the moment through Property Showrooms. Property is a lot more expensive on the coast unless you want a 2 bed. apartment of which there are hundreds for sale, cheaper inland but not as cheap as Albox or Fortuna area. We are on Alhaurin Golf which is close to Alhaurin el Grande. Best D&J
Old Aug 17th 2014, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David Stagg
Yes your solicitor, and make sure you have a good one, will do a search. Ours is doing one for us now. Rule of thumb I'd say that most new built property around Albox is illegal. We are buying a property just north of Fortuna, Murcia in the mountains yet we only 1/2 hourish from Murcia big shopping centre, hospital etc. We are excited about the move, seems a good compromise - but bear in mind we haven't lived there yet. We also got the 3 bed. house with pool at a fantastic price. Wasn't too keen on the scenery closer to the A7. Generally the prices around there are really good. We found ours on Stratus International's website and they were very very helpful - might be worth having a look, don't worry I'm not on commission. We've lived in Spain for a few years so if there is anything you think we could help you with just ask. Best David and Joan
What do think about Murcia abolishing its regional IHT allowances? I would not live there If I knew this in advance.
Old Aug 17th 2014, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Hi. It now seems to be about the same as we, or rather who's left, has to pay where we are now in Andalucia. Spain's taxes and other money making ways of clawing it's way out of it's recession as initiated by the Prime Minister are certainly making living here more expensive than before. Do you know there is a 21% tax on funerals now, so dying is a luxury here. At times this country does more than frustrate you but we love it. Oh the purchase property tax in Murcia is 8% but over the border in Alicante is 10%, so saved a bit there.
Old Aug 17th 2014, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. It now seems to be about the same as we, or rather who's left, has to pay where we are now in Andalucia. Spain's taxes and other money making ways of clawing it's way out of it's recession as initiated by the Prime Minister are certainly making living here more expensive than before. Do you know there is a 21% tax on funerals now, so dying is a luxury here. At times this country does more than frustrate you but we love it. Oh the purchase property tax in Murcia is 8% but over the border in Alicante is 10%, so saved a bit there.
No, Andalucia has a generous regional allowance for IHT, may mean no or very little tax to pay .
Murcia's regional allowance, previously generous, was abolished last year.
There is now only the state allowance of just under 16,000 euros, which is available to all, but wouldn't be much use against the deceased's worldwide assets even with modest savings.
Old Aug 17th 2014, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Um. Let's hope we have time to plan before the worst and get out of Murcia. Though other regions may come up with the same idea. Thankyou for that information anyway.
Old Aug 17th 2014, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Keithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond repute

Hola, so if i retire with a £100,000 pension pot and receive a quarter tax free will i have to pay tax on it when coming to spain? Or do i use a large pillow case and hide it!..... NAIVE how do they find out out you have £xxx amounts. I have been paying tax since i was 16 yrs old seems harsh you plan for your retirement then get a hit on your Tax Free Pot! Oops cheers David on the estate agent links.
Old Aug 17th 2014, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Hi, think you get on to Neptuno he seems very savvy and obviously knows more than us. Can't say his news cheered. Spain is very tax orientated at the moment, trying to get out of the pit. Good luck with whatever and whereever you end up.
Old Aug 17th 2014, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi, think you get on to Neptuno he seems very savvy and obviously knows more than us. Can't say his news cheered. Spain is very tax orientated at the moment, trying to get out of the pit. Good luck with whatever and whereever you end up.
Fred James is the one to tell you about taxing pension pots.
My particular interest is in. IHT, as I live in Murcia!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.