Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Well, are they doing good IYO?

Well, are they doing good IYO?

Old Jun 30th 2012, 2:44 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well, are they doing good IYO?

Not taking any sides here but.....

........... just wondered how everyone thinks the Tories are doing regarding the crisis and every thing?

Whats your thoughts
Old Jun 30th 2012, 2:50 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well, are they doing good IYO?

Some wag has described the last budget as the most error-prone of its type - there's been 5 or 6 measures they've had to go back on.
To be honest I wonder if the govt makes that much difference; many things are out of their control. Of course they've not been helped by all the scandals that's being published on the banks.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

When the result of the last General Election was known, I remember several members of this forum praising D Cameron to the skies, "breath of fresh air", etc, etc. I said he was saying a lot of stuff he thought the electorate wanted to hear, for example on immigration, the EU, benefit reform and so on, but I would reserve judgement until I saw how much of this was actually translated into action.

Well, how much of it has been? There have been so many u-turns from this Government it's a wonder they're not in a permanent state of dizziness (come to think of it perhaps they are, that would explain a lot) and not only on measures announced in the last ill-fated Budget.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 3:31 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for them but I think they are crap. They are led by the media and look weak making all the U-turns. I think they have done a lot towards putting the UK back in recession
Old Jun 30th 2012, 7:36 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Labour inherited a kiddies top that was humming, hardly any wobbles

Tories inherited a basket case, totally out of control on every side, the top is barely turning, too much pumping in one direction is going to make things wobbly in another direction
Any major alteration they make can today be easily pushed to one side by a single swipe or comment by a banking system that has spent at least 14 years conniving in its corruption, undercutting and overcharging all their own letalone all the small businesses and families they have shafted along the way. That is a Labour legacy.

Barclays are hoping they will get off lightly by coming forward. I hope not.
We have no option but to deal with them and they will take it out on the little man - again.

/
Old Jun 30th 2012, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I voted for them but I think they are crap. They are led by the media and look weak making all the U-turns. I think they have done a lot towards putting the UK back in recession
Yes I too voted for them but am very disappointed with them so far. Cameron just seems to like sound bites. He is quite good in Parliament at PM questions but that is about it. He talks like he has some influence with the EU he must be joking we are out of the mainstream there by (thankfully) not being in the Euro, what he says matters not to them. I suppose we don't know if they would be any better if they were not in with Clegg and Co, however that could be a convenient excuse.
They also blame labour for all their problems partly true but getting a bit sick of hearing that now, they have had 2 years in power get on with it and then get credit for what you have done I would suggest. After all one of the problems with the labour years was that the Opposition opposed literally nothing and gave them a fairly free ride so they then have to take part of the blame for not opposing.
As for Osborne again he has been a let down not sure he actually knows what he is doing especially after the last budget farce. They just seem to be hammering the middle earners who are the ones that have kept things going. Also the north south divide is back with a vengeance in both property prices and work, I will give labour one thing they did reduce that divide.
To be honest I have always voted for the tories but unless something changes in next couple of years i will not be voting for them again.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

They did inherit a pee poor country from Tony Bland et al, but things are so bad in the UK I really don't see anyone doing any better. Things are 'fragile' in Europe, even in the UK which is doing better than most...time to stock up on beans and candles me thinks. There are some very serious issues, some not popular that need to be openly addressed but will any government have the guts to do the unpopular, be prepared to stand up to and shout down the loud minority groups which seem to hold so much power with the media in the UK?
Old Jun 30th 2012, 8:38 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

All I will say is that I am glad we don't have Labour running the show. I am a keen viewer of PM questions and can vividly remember when the Tories were in opposition, they would grill Labour about policies, the economy and no end of things and all they ever got was arrogance and to be told it was being dealt with or that it couldn't be discussed. Labour, for all the good they may have done, shrouded politics in a world of spin and deceit. If there was a policy the people or opposition disliked, it was still pushed forward and no one had a say, it was politics forced upon us. Like them or loathe them the Con/Dems are listening, OK, it may well be smoke and mirrors, time will tell but Labour were worse by far with those tactics so if we want shot of them who do we go for?

People complain their government ignores them, when they listen they are called weak. When we want our government to act on our behalf we accuse them of controlling us, of forcing a nanny state on us. When they give us some say over our future they are accused of constant u-turns and dithering. We have all complained about lazy arsed council workers and students, living off free money and reaping the rewards of the tax paying grafters yet when the government tries to shut down the freeloaders they are hammered and we riot! We bleat on that the Conservatives are giving their rich banker mates a free ride yet in 13 years Labour encouraged the bankers to do as they pleased and lets not forget, this Barclays thing is from 2005..... Labour and Bliar were in power then and no one said a word but now, all of a sudden its the fault of Cameron and his "cronies".
Anyone getting my point yet?

There needs to be a radical shake up of politics in the UK (and elsewhere but I couldn't give a crap about them) but no one wants to see it happen, none of you want to see that radical changes so here we are.... with the government we deserve.

It all went to shit when the ruling classes were forced out of politics.

Last edited by rugbymatt; Jun 30th 2012 at 8:45 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 8:50 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

RM I think your are correct what you say. Like the whole stuff on benefits, all the media go on about it but as soon as they try to do something about it the media drags out some genuine example (there will always be losers in a shake up) and the whole thing fizzles out. The are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 9:07 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
All I will say is that I am glad we don't have Labour running the show. I am a keen viewer of PM questions and can vividly remember when the Tories were in opposition, they would grill Labour about policies, the economy and no end of things and all they ever got was arrogance and to be told it was being dealt with or that it couldn't be discussed. Labour, for all the good they may have done, shrouded politics in a world of spin and deceit. If there was a policy the people or opposition disliked, it was still pushed forward and no one had a say, it was politics forced upon us. Like them or loathe them the Con/Dems are listening, OK, it may well be smoke and mirrors, time will tell but Labour were worse by far with those tactics so if we want shot of them who do we go for?

People complain their government ignores them, when they listen they are called weak. When we want our government to act on our behalf we accuse them of controlling us, of forcing a nanny state on us. When they give us some say over our future they are accused of constant u-turns and dithering. We have all complained about lazy arsed council workers and students, living off free money and reaping the rewards of the tax paying grafters yet when the government tries to shut down the freeloaders they are hammered and we riot! We bleat on that the Conservatives are giving their rich banker mates a free ride yet in 13 years Labour encouraged the bankers to do as they pleased and lets not forget, this Barclays thing is from 2005..... Labour and Bliar were in power then and no one said a word but now, all of a sudden its the fault of Cameron and his "cronies".
Anyone getting my point yet?

There needs to be a radical shake up of politics in the UK (and elsewhere but I couldn't give a crap about them) but no one wants to see it happen, none of you want to see that radical changes so here we are.... with the government we deserve.

It all went to shit when the ruling classes were forced out of politics.
""I agree.... I agree with everything you say.""

Just thought it might be in order for me to return the compliment.

Hope you don't mind to much or aren't unduly offended.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 9:36 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

So the people who voted for the boys from Eton are disappointed? What on earth did they expect?

They voted for the rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer, aided by a dislike for the grumpy Jock who was never properly elected as the PM.

They still didn't get a majority and had to do a deal with the Liberals, a bunch of turncoats. But we have democracy, we have Cameron and Osborne, the boys from Eton. And Clegg, another public schoolboy.

We also have the biggest debt in Europe and the highest unemployment levels.

'Swing, swing together . . .' That's what they sing behind closed doors, with their heads between their knees.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I am in total agreement that Blair and Brown are responsible for most of our ills and Milliband is a two faced git because as you say it happened on their watch. All I'm saying is we don't need to keep being told it was their fault, it is sounding lame now we are where we are get on with it, off course in the house then tell Milliband to his face that they caused it.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 9:47 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
So the people who voted for the boys from Eton are disappointed? What on earth did they expect?

They voted for the rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer, aided by a dislike for the grumpy Jock who was never properly elected as the PM.

They still didn't get a majority and had to do a deal with the Liberals, a bunch of turncoats. But we have democracy, we have Cameron and Osborne, the boys from Eton. And Clegg, another public schoolboy.

'Swing, swing together . . .' That's what they sing behind closed doors, with their heads between their knees.
I love it when you just say stuff that is bollocks but say it with such conviction you actually think its true.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 9:47 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

Put another record on HBG.
Personally I couldn't care a toss if they come from Eton or come from the Gorbals as long as they do a better job than the last shower and no one in history spent more time licking the arses of the wealthy, the bwankers and the city wide boys than they did.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 6:48 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I was interested in the news this morning when Cameron appeared to be considering a referendum on Europe at around the time of the next election.

Leaving aside the hotheads on either side, it could make sense. It appears that some 70% of the British public want out of Europe. Now that's an overwhelming majority and can't be ignored.

I believe in democracy, and may have to make some personal changes when the time comes. Realistically, it gives me two years to pack.

When it's 42 degrees in the shade, with another ten weeks of unrelenting heat to go, it seems an attractive proposition.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.