Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Welcome To Forum Village

Welcome To Forum Village

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:17 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Welcome To Forum Village

Just to let you know how sad I have become......there are 9 of us going out to night for a meal and we are all dressed in green...........I know....the things we do for 6 year old granddaughters
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:41 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Just to let you know how sad I have become......there are 9 of us going out to night for a meal and we are all dressed in green...........I know....the things we do for 6 year old granddaughters
Hope you had a good night last night! I am severely hungover this morning and I hate feeling like this when it is so hot. Looks like a day in the shade feeling sorry for myself today
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hope you had a good night last night! I am severely hungover this morning and I hate feeling like this when it is so hot. Looks like a day in the shade feeling sorry for myself today

Hi, I have no sympathy for you Pam Sarky all self inflected take lots of water with it today, well at least until you feel better

We had a great time last night, went to a place by the beach that BBQ all the meat, we ordered so much, when it came Mal and I though oh dear we will never all eat this, please to say it was woofed down. Number one grandson ate like he had not been feed for a week, the waiters were brilliant and really made a fuss of the grandkids, our kids were well impressed with the amount of Spanish Mal and I understood so yes. We walked from one end of the prom to the other........twice, so yes in all a really good time.

The green dress code was not so bad as first thought only 3 of us managed complete green outfits and the rest of us ranged in varying shades of aqua to kaki which meant we did not resemble the cast of neighbors.....have you ever noticed that; some days they are colour co-ordinated.

feel better soon Sam.................
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I have no sympathy for you Pam Sarky all self inflected take lots of water with it today, well at least until you feel better

We had a great time last night, went to a place by the beach that BBQ all the meat, we ordered so much, when it came Mal and I though oh dear we will never all eat this, please to say it was woofed down. Number one grandson ate like he had not been feed for a week, the waiters were brilliant and really made a fuss of the grandkids, our kids were well impressed with the amount of Spanish Mal and I understood so yes. We walked from one end of the prom to the other........twice, so yes in all a really good time.

The green dress code was not so bad as first thought only 3 of us managed complete green outfits and the rest of us ranged in varying shades of aqua to kaki which meant we did not resemble the cast of neighbors.....have you ever noticed that; some days they are colour co-ordinated.

feel better soon Sam.................

Glad you had a good time xxx
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

..Naughty girl...take that hope you feel better soon..lots af aqua...
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
..Naughty girl...take that hope you feel better soon..lots af aqua...
Well thankyou very much for that BB, Simon has made me feel tons better now
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 12:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Well thankyou very much for that BB, Simon has made me feel tons better now
Do you reckon Simom Cowell "this is your life" was fixed ?
It only spanned about 4 years, no teachers or voices from the past ;-(
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
You could be right there! But I enjoyed it just the same
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
... maybe he's an alien and therefore no prior identity...maybe he comes from uranus !!....
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by jdr

As much as I fancy Simon I think he may have been Billy no mates before he became well known....
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:46 pm

OK I have bumped this thread because I think I have found us the village idiot, see what you think.

Monday evening we took number one son and his two children to Seville airport for their flight back to the UK. Took us 1 hr 45mins, drove back home which took us 1 hr and 20 min, good run back, just turning into our Camino at 2120 when the mobile rang, it was number one son to say he had missed the flight, now we had dropped him off and watched him go through the security at least 1 1/2hrs before.

Had a quick cuppa and a wee, phoned the mother of his children who was on her way to the airport to collect them and told her not to bother, can't repeat what she said. Drove back to Seville to pick them up got there at 2320, number one son and grandkids are sitting in a very empty departure lounge. He said that he went to gate number 2 like he had been told to and sat there for over an hour, the information screen displayed LIVERPOOL, at 2050 everyone got up and started to go through the gate, number one son said to the kids that plane is going to Liverpool we will be next just as the last person went through the info screen changed to Stansted. Gate closed, Stansted disappeared from the screen, the two ladies who were working on the gate came over to him and said, do you want the Stansted flight he said yes, they said oh you missed it that was the flight that has just left.

Now, deep breathes here, we said to him "what have you done about it", baring in mind he has been sat there for over two hours waiting for us, he said he had done nothing about it, we said "have you been to the Ryanair office" he said "no". We said NOTHING we just put them in the car and drove back to Chiclana, again, through the tolls again into the garage again for yet more petrol, arriving home just before 1am.

Kids into bed, OH on the puter to check out new flights home, could not believe the prices, puter starting playing up, again, so we went to bed. In the morning puter still playing up, so we had to phone number one daughter in UK to get in touch with Ryanair (won't go into detail what they said). In the end she had to book flights back for them, they left this evening, (two days late) we drove them to JEREZ much nearer and waited for him to go through the gates. OH and I had to bite our tongues as we really wanted to say, "this is the last flight out of here so when you see all these people move, you move with them". Oh I had to zip the mouth up.

The thing is he went to Seville because it saved him £60, but this has cost us
petrol and tolls X 4 to Seville and 3 new flights to the grand total of just over 800euros. I just can not believe that someone (in their mid 30's) can just sit at the gate and watch every single person there get on a plane and not stop to think "hang on, me and the kids are the only ones here, boy we will have the plane all to ourselves, maybe I should just check what is happening as it is time for our flight to leave".

I hate to think what his ex is saying to him at Stansted this evening, it took us two years to get her to agree for the kids to come here with him, I do hope she agrees next year. Still these things happen, but I think he is a good candidate for the village idiot, what do you think.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:33 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

OK I have bumped this thread because I think I have found us the village idiot, see what you think.

Monday evening we took number one son and his two children to Seville airport for their flight back to the UK. Took us 1 hr 45mins, drove back home which took us 1 hr and 20 min, good run back, just turning into our Camino at 2120 when the mobile rang, it was number one son to say he had missed the flight, now we had dropped him off and watched him go through the security at least 1 1/2hrs before.

Had a quick cuppa and a wee, phoned the mother of his children who was on her way to the airport to collect them and told her not to bother, can't repeat what she said. Drove back to Seville to pick them up got there at 2320, number one son and grandkids are sitting in a very empty departure lounge. He said that he went to gate number 2 like he had been told to and sat there for over an hour, the information screen displayed LIVERPOOL, at 2050 everyone got up and started to go through the gate, number one son said to the kids that plane is going to Liverpool we will be next just as the last person went through the info screen changed to Stansted. Gate closed, Stansted disappeared from the screen, the two ladies who were working on the gate came over to him and said, do you want the Stansted flight he said yes, they said oh you missed it that was the flight that has just left.

Now, deep breathes here, we said to him "what have you done about it", baring in mind he has been sat there for over two hours waiting for us, he said he had done nothing about it, we said "have you been to the Ryanair office" he said "no". We said NOTHING we just put them in the car and drove back to Chiclana, again, through the tolls again into the garage again for yet more petrol, arriving home just before 1am.

Kids into bed, OH on the puter to check out new flights home, could not believe the prices, puter starting playing up, again, so we went to bed. In the morning puter still playing up, so we had to phone number one daughter in UK to get in touch with Ryanair (won't go into detail what they said). In the end she had to book flights back for them, they left this evening, (two days late) we drove them to JEREZ much nearer and waited for him to go through the gates. OH and I had to bite our tongues as we really wanted to say, "this is the last flight out of here so when you see all these people move, you move with them". Oh I had to zip the mouth up.

The thing is he went to Seville because it saved him £60, but this has cost us
petrol and tolls X 4 to Seville and 3 new flights to the grand total of just over 800euros. I just can not believe that someone (in their mid 30's) can just sit at the gate and watch every single person there get on a plane and not stop to think "hang on, me and the kids are the only ones here, boy we will have the plane all to ourselves, maybe I should just check what is happening as it is time for our flight to leave".

I hate to think what his ex is saying to him at Stansted this evening, it took us two years to get her to agree for the kids to come here with him, I do hope she agrees next year. Still these things happen, but I think he is a good candidate for the village idiot, what do you think.
Have to agree with you.

Have you noticed that all stories about village idiots are about males.

So given that your story is about number one son the rest follows. Now if it had been about number one daughter she would have managed to get on the flight prior to you arriving at the airport and been given a full refund for her ingenuity.

Hope he is allowed to bring the children again. You will probably have to be the mediator an emphasize the fact that it gives her a break from the kids but then you will manage that alright - because you are female.

Rosemary
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:42 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

My OH has just been woken up by the banger rockets going of in the town, best alarm clock in Spain.

Rosemary
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Have to agree with you.

Have you noticed that all stories about village idiots are about males. So given that your story is about number one son the rest follows. Now if it had been about number one daughter she would have managed to get on the flight prior to you arriving at the airport and been given a full refund for her ingenuity.

Hope he is allowed to bring the children again. You will probably have to be the mediator an emphasize the fact that it gives her a break from the kids but then you will manage that alright - because you are female.

Rosemary
While I was reading it, that was exactly what I was thinking
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
While I was reading it, that was exactly what I was thinking
WoT uU mEEn,,,/??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.