Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Wealth Tax Question

Wealth Tax Question

Old Sep 18th 2011, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

christ3005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wealth Tax Question

I see that the Govt have reintroduced the Patromonio tax for 2011 & 2012. Does anyone know what the bands and % tax will be? I see loads of articles saying that it starts from €700.000 but nothing about bands/percentages.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 3:23 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wealth Tax Question

Originally Posted by christ3005
I see that the Govt have reintroduced the Patromonio tax for 2011 & 2012. Does anyone know what the bands and % tax will be? I see loads of articles saying that it starts from €700.000 but nothing about bands/percentages.
As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Sep 18th 2011, 3:50 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I assume the bands are the same as before.

http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.co...ax-patrimonio/

The basic exemption is €700k plus an exemption on your habitual residence of €300k (twice the old amount).

For a married couple sharing their assets that means that the starting point is €2m.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that. I was thinking that too. I just wondered if anyone knew this to be the case or not.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 5:36 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. I was thinking that too. I just wondered if anyone knew this to be the case or not.
None of the Spanish media have suggested otherwise. If I can find the official documentation I will let you know.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. That would be appreciated.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James

http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.co...ax-patrimonio/

The basic exemption is €700k plus an exemption on your habitual residence of €300k (twice the old amount).

For a married couple sharing their assets that means that the starting point is €2m.
I am hearing that because the tax is devolved to the regional governments.tax free allowances vary from region to region. So they can charge what they like.Apparently all the main tourist areas ie Andalucia,Balearics.Canaries etc start point is only Euro 108,200
Not so good
Old Sep 29th 2011, 5:43 pm

Where are you hearing that?

My understanding is that like IHT, regions can offer better deals but not reduce the allowances offered by central government.

Last edited by Fred James; Sep 29th 2011 at 5:50 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Where are you hearing that?

My understanding is that like IHT, regions can offer better deals but not reduce the allowances offered by central government.
http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.co...he-wealth-tax/