We Wont Work

Old Jun 9th 2017, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

earlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant future
Default We Wont Work

Hi All
Hope some one can help. We me and the wife are think about moving to Spain. The plan is in its early stages yet but before we get to excited have some questions. We will be 56/57 when we plan to move. We will be living off saving so wont need to work in Spain.
We have just read on this forum that after about 190 day living there we would need to get some sort of visa that would also make us liable to Spanish tax? is this right if it is do we pay tax on the saving or just any interest. we may also have a small income from the UK. We our both UK Citizens.
As I have said we will not be working in Spain and the savings will be in a UK Bank
Old Jun 9th 2017, 8:22 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We Wont Work

Originally Posted by earlyoap
Hi All
Hope some one can help. We me and the wife are think about moving to Spain. The plan is in its early stages yet but before we get to excited have some questions. We will be 56/57 when we plan to move. We will be living off saving so wont need to work in Spain.
We have just read on this forum that after about 190 day living there we would need to get some sort of visa that would also make us liable to Spanish tax? is this right if it is do we pay tax on the saving or just any interest. we may also have a small income from the UK. We our both UK Citizens.
As I have said we will not be working in Spain and the savings will be in a UK Bank
Welcome to BE.

At the moment, and no one knows what Brexit might bring, you will have to become residents, sign on the padron and pay tax on your world wide income. You will also have to show that you do have sufficient funds in the bank or coming in each month (cant give a figure as that does seem to differ between different areas) and have health cover sorted.
Old Jun 9th 2017, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

earlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant future

Thanks
Agree about the Brexit thing. Seen else where on here and the net about the Monthly income thing. The plan would go some thing like find out how much this would be in or around Tarifa then have a bit more than that paid in to a bank each month. Then live on that. Or would proving our saving be ok
There are a load of other questions we have but more on that latter. The only income we would get would be from savings interest LOL and may be a small investment
Would we need a Spanish bank acc or would our UK one do?
Where both in OK health wise so hopeful the Heath care cover should be OK.
One last question for now does the monthly figure go down if we own the place we live in?
Old Jun 9th 2017, 9:09 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 10th 2017, 5:28 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Agree about the Brexit thing. Seen else where on here and the net about the Monthly income thing. The plan would go some thing like find out how much this would be in or around Tarifa then have a bit more than that paid in to a bank each month. Then live on that. Or would proving our saving be ok
There are a load of other questions we have but more on that latter. The only income we would get would be from savings interest LOL and may be a small investment
Would we need a Spanish bank acc or would our UK one do?
Where both in OK health wise so hopeful the Heath care cover should be OK.

One last question for now does the monthly figure go down if we own the place we live in?
I would suggest that a Spanish account would be a good idea, then you could set up DDs for things like water, electricity. Health care, you would have to show you had a sufficient private plan in place to cover the two of you. The other questions I'm not too sure about.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again
Ball park figure. what would Health Care for 2 M/F in late 50s early 60 be. I know this might be a hard one but a educated guess.