Reload this Page >

We want to emigrate to Spain

We want to emigrate to Spain

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

trancedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We want to emigrate to Spain

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on emigrating to Spain.

We are planning to move at the end of 2009, me, my wife, 2 year old daughter and baby daughter.

We plan to sell our house and rent somewhere. We will have enough money to see us right for a year if the worst case scenario happens, that I can't find work. We currently have our own home cleaning and ironing business here in Bridlington UK. We hope to set up with this service in Spain or find a suitable job.

My questions would be to you are firstly do you think this would work?

Am I likely to find work? I am 35 and male. Also are we likely to find long term rental accommodation? And where in Spain would you recommend us to fulfill our plan?

And what about schools for when my daughters start? Is it easy to get into a Spanish and English teaching school? Where do the English expats take their children to school?

I am most grateful for your advice as I realise you can never get enough advice!! Also I know that you can't always believe what you read in books. I always take the reading seriously but I think it's obviously best to ask those, yourselves, that have actually done the move!

We are happy to take the risk of things not working out as we will get a good year in Spain whatever happens at least.

We love Spain and would love to make it our home.

I will have a good daily look on this excellent website and trail through the Forums to see what everybody is up to in Spain!

Many thanks

Carl
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of
Default Re: We want to emigrate to Spain

Hello carl.
good luck to you, i can't help you with much, but just wanted to say that at the age your kids will be I'd put them straight into a spanish school if it were me. And start learning spanish now so you have a good grasp on it when you get here, it'll be much easier to find work if you can speak spanish.
Hope everything works out for you.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:52 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We want to emigrate to Spain

A lot of the info you need can be found in the 'free beer' thread or by clicking here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422251

Also the chances of getting work is greatly increased if you can speak Spanish by the time you move otherwise you will be looking at working in a relatively small expat community and/or seasonal work.