Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

We are Looking for work and accomodation in Benidorm

We are Looking for work and accomodation in Benidorm

Old Aug 19th 2014, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Benidorm2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile We are Looking for work and accomodation in Benidorm

Hi my name is Holly and my partner Dan , we have both moved over to Spain , and currently staying with family in Albetera . We are both seeking work and long term let accommodation in Benidorm or surrounding area. By trade in the Uk I worked for the Nhs as a Healthcare assistant, and Dan run a bar and kitchens . We would be grateful for any help or advice please on where to find job advertisements and property . I have a Spanish landline number to contact on , and email address until i have a spanish sim card sorted out . Thank you in advance !
Old Aug 19th 2014, 8:55 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We are Looking for work and accomodation in Benidorm

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 19th 2014, 10:10 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Hi Rosemary.
I have to ask (sorry) why do you keep posting that message and then not offer the help.

To the OP it just as well you are staying with family as what you seek is going to be very hard to find as Spain has a "very high" number of people out of work, so your chances of finding work for you (or both) are slim to say the least.
Old Aug 20th 2014, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Benidorm2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply . We are here with the best intentions and know its going to be difficult ! Please keep your fingers crossed for us ! Really don't want to be getting on that return flight lol . Are there any websites with job listing on that you could recommend please ?
Old Aug 20th 2014, 8:36 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benidorm2014
Hi my name is Holly and my partner Dan , we have both moved over to Spain , and currently staying with family in Albetera . We are both seeking work and long term let accommodation in Benidorm or surrounding area. By trade in the Uk I worked for the Nhs as a Healthcare assistant, and Dan run a bar and kitchens . We would be grateful for any help or advice please on where to find job advertisements and property . I have a Spanish landline number to contact on , and email address until i have a spanish sim card sorted out . Thank you in advance !
How good is your Spanish?. working in healthcare in Spain almost certainly will require fluency in Spanish. You have arrived at totally the wrong time of the year for your husband to get a job, the summer trade is pretty well over, and it's unlikely that anywhere will be hiring at all. If you consider leasing/buying a bar, please don't, bars open and close extremely regularly, and if you want to do anything like that, then you need to be starting in May. Unemployment among Spanish is around 35%, and at the younger end, around 50%. Many of the jobs available are cash in hand, no contract, no access to Spanish healthcare, so you will need to factor in private health cover. Spain is a great place to live as long as you have money and don't need to earn it, which is why pensioners love it.
Rental properties, and I suggest you MUST rent first, do not commit to buying before you are certain you can make enough money.
Many of the bar jobs are at the bottom end, and get paid around €5 an hour if you are lucky.
Neither of you really have niche skills that employers will be desparate to find as no Spanish national will have the qualifications and/or experience you can bring to the table. Keep trying to find somewhere to work, but basically I would consider it as an extended holiday, and just hope that you can find some work to fund it.
Old Aug 20th 2014, 12:11 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Benidorm2014,

I can't help with you query either as I am in the US, but I just wanted to stop by and say hi and welcome you to the community. I'm sure we will get others coming by this thread to share their experiences, but in the meantime take some time to read some of the other threads in the Spain forum to get to know everyone, and I'm sure you will also pick up a few tips along the way.

Old Aug 20th 2014, 12:44 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benidorm2014
here are some links - but you could also visit INEM (like the Jobcentre in the UK) . You'll have to be a registered resident with a SS number & padrón though, before they will help you

Ofertas de empleo en Benidorm | opcionempleo.com

https://www.facebook.com/aedlbenidorm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/benidormjobs/?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/groups/248472441926664/
Old Aug 20th 2014, 12:52 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
here are some links - but you could also visit INEM (like the Jobcentre in the UK) . You'll have to be a registered resident with a SS number & padrón though, before they will help you

Thanks for this, very informative.

Rosemary
Old Aug 20th 2014, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by lynnxa

Benidorm2014. Unfortunately in order to register you need proof of finances such as money in a Spanish bank account or regular money going into an account and health cover.

You are in a difficult situation regarding gaining work because it is very much mid season and of course there is not a lot of work around anyway.

I wish you luck with your endeavours.

Rosemary