Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

waterless car valeting in Spain

waterless car valeting in Spain

Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of
Default waterless car valeting in Spain

Thinking about moving to Spain to run business as waterless car valeting,can anyone tell me if there is much demand for this on da Costas?
Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:49 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: waterless car valeting in Spain

Originally Posted by lcortez
Thinking about moving to Spain to run business as waterless car valeting,can anyone tell me if there is much demand for this on da Costas?
Not too sure if its already there, but given the constant water shortages in some areas wouldnt mind betting it would be a good idea.
Good luck.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:53 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean by waterless?
Theres a lot of car washes around in this area which seem to be very busy, especially at weekends, but I have no idea if they are limited in the summer due to water shortages.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:56 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
What do you mean by waterless?
Theres a lot of car washes around in this area which seem to be very busy, especially at weekends, but I have no idea if they are limited in the summer due to water shortages.
By waterless they mean, without water.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:00 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt

D'yer know ... I typed that and thought "some bright sparks going to come back with without water", but then I thought nah ..........

What I meant is, is he talking about one of thoswe horrible "dry" washes with a liquid spray that is theoretically guaranteed not to scratch your paint
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Thanx for that,have been thinking about coming out for few years but been put off by work situation,feel v positive now!!!Cheers
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:01 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
So is it like when you dry clean your clothes then?

String the cars up on a line and whizz them thro a chemical machine?

(seems there are a few of us thickies here today who dont know how you clean a car without water!)
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:02 pm
Straw Man.

Thanx for that,have been thinking about coming out for few years but been put off by work situation,feel v positive now!!!Cheers
Hold on mate! Dont ever make a life changing decision based on my advice! Have you read any of my posts!?
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:03 pm
Straw Man.

D'yer know ... I typed that and thought "some bright sparks going to come back with without water", but then I thought nah ..........

What I meant is, is he talking about one of thoswe horrible "dry" washes with a liquid spray that is theoretically guaranteed not to scratch your paint
and that person soooo had to be me!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:05 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously though, I can´t imagine there is much demand. One of life´s pleasures here is going to clean the car at one of those Elefante Azul places with the jet sprays on a nice hot sunny day.

I hated washing the car at home, but love doing it here.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Uses chemicals instead of water forpaintwork or leather etc,got idea from co in London,though good idea coz water metered in Spain.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:06 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by keithwalters
So is it like when you dry clean your clothes then?

String the cars up on a line and whizz them thro a chemical machine?

(seems there are a few of us thickies here today who dont know how you clean a car without water!)

There used to be a spray bottle that you could spray onto a dirty car and just rub off and they reckoned that the makeup of this spray cleaned your car without scratching it. I was never convinced tbh
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:08 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Seriously though, I can´t imagine there is much demand. One of life´s pleasures here is going to clean the car at one of those Elefante Azul places with the jet sprays on a nice hot sunny day.

I hated washing the car at home, but love doing it here.
I bet you're pining for a lawn to cut every sunday as well
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:10 pm
Senior Moment

Uses chemicals instead of water forpaintwork or leather etc,got idea from co in London,though good idea coz water metered in Spain.
Chemicals + leather don't mix normally do they? Coloured leather is in effect painted so any strong chemicals can take the colour out fairly easily.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:10 pm
has got a huge member

I bet you're pining for a lawn to cut every sunday as well
yeah you got me there. Hosing down the terrace just doesn´t smell quite the same as freshly cut grass!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.