British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Watch Out! Another Lets Bash Ryanair Thread !!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/watch-out-another-lets-bash-ryanair-thread-592810/)

bil Feb 21st 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Watch Out! Another Lets Bash Ryanair Thread !!!

Not seen the tag for hand luggage yet. t makes sense tho, I suppose.

As for mobiles, well, I don't care. I wouldn't use mine, not at that price.

frigilianafreddy Feb 21st 2009 1:49 pm

I can just hear it now:

Captain (for it is he): "We are just about to start our descent into Malaga airport."

Chavs (all together now, and as loud as poss): "We'll be landing in 30 minutes. See you in arrivals."

:eek:

Susie Wong Feb 21st 2009 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by crispy (Post 7305398)
Exactly, just what I was gonna say as well.

It is not just Ryanair that ask lady's to put their handbags into their hand luggage my sisters flew with easyjet last year and they were asked to as well. I think you will find it all party of airport security and something being inforced by the airport.

I had to do this with Monarch and Bmibaby. Not a problem if you're prepared.

pete_l Feb 21st 2009 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe (Post 7307621)
I suspect their new policy of allowing mobile calls on their flights will prove to be a money spinner.

One aspect that made me smile was that the "ban" on mobile phones applies to flight crew, as well as passengers (as an inspector caught a pilot making or receiving a call when the plane was taxiing). So I would expect that the extortionate charge for using a phone on the plane would be applied to them, too!
Personally, I simply don't care what extras other people buy in addition to their basic plane ticket - if Ryanair can come up with a wheeze that makes the ignorant, or impatient (or merely the disorganised) pay more then I'm fine with it, as it will subsidise my low-price/no-extras seat. I have a very good set of earphones for my MP3 player, so there could be a nuclear war raging and I wouldn't hear it.

Hondon Voyager Feb 22nd 2009 1:13 am

Originally Posted by lic (Post 7305507)
The only bad thing I have to say about Ryanair is that they have cancelled some of their schedued flights, and now no longer fly everday to Murcia and Alicante.
I THINK THYE ARE FAB!
You get what you pay for, follow the rules and they provide good value for money. Don't follow the rules and you will pay more. Up to the individual really!

I wish you were right ,I fly to Alicante every other week ,I have booked approx 10 flights with them up until May(Monarch have changed their schedule) and so far 5 out of my last 6 have been either cancelled or times have been changed .THIS IS WITHOUT DOUBT THE WORST AIRLINE FLYING ANYWHERE.Have any of you people logged on to ryanair review web Thing is they don't give a T*** what we think .Infact if you ring them up and ask them to tell you why they cancel these flights they hang up on you (twice this week they have done this to me and my friend has had the same )Whoever says you get what you pay for is talking crap as they are not cheap .I liked their schedule but unfortunatley they never adhere to it . Their staff are like robots (actually I feel sorry for them as they Know the airline is Sh**)This could be a very good airline if they stuck to their promises ,got real with their inflight prices (what a joke) and decided to become a scheduled carrier to where they are scheduled .I have flown more than 200 scheduled flights with Monarch to Alicante with no cancellations and probably about 50-75 with Easyjet and about 50 with BMI(best airline in UK in my opinion but unfortunatley no longer fly to Alicante) with no cancellations so what sort of tosspot airline are ryanair (notice I don't put a capital on the name as capitals depict proper names ,places etc )Would be nice if someone in the company would take a blind bit of notice to public opinion (they will soon as I have never seen an inflight service pass through the cabin as quick as theirs in the last few flights)I would love someone to reply to this with something good to say about ryanair and maybe change my mind but I very much doubt it .If you know of a bigger rip-off outfit please let me know (can't wait to have used up all these bookings ,probably wont )

mikelincs Feb 22nd 2009 6:30 am

I have to say I have travelled with Ryanair almost everytime I havegone back to the UK, and have had NO PROBLEMS at all, never had a cancelled flight or anything like that, the only delay was one caused by French ATCs. The cabin service leaves something to be desired, BUT, we have always taken our own food aboard, and small bottles of water bought in duty free and added to cabin baggage, last few times we have taken no check in luggage, and found everything ran smoothly.:thumbsup:

frigilianafreddy Feb 22nd 2009 10:47 am

Dunno where you fly from, mate, but the latest stats are (2008):

Stansted/Alicante 88% depart within 15 minutes
Edinburgh/Alicante 89% depart within 15 minutes

Ryanair was runner-up airline for punctuality at:

London Luton

Ryanair was the most punctual scheduled carrier between:

London and Glasgow
London and Belfast
London and Cork
London and Barcelona
London and Frankfurt
London and Rome
London and Stockholm
London and Marrakesh

Guess it's down to luck.

All stats from: http://www.flightontime.info/loco/airlines/ryr08.html

GrapeEater Feb 25th 2009 5:07 pm

I think on some routes - Ryanairs flight time are deliberately longer than necessary so they can say they arrived WELL IN TIME. I have been early many many time into alicante - sometime 40 minutes early from the UK !!!!

Of course now they play a little fanfare and announce how great they are when they land early. B******ks I HATE RYANAIR !!!

I feel like an animal when travelling with Ryanair - the staff may as well wear cowboy gear and prod us in to line !!

bil Feb 25th 2009 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by GrapeEater (Post 7322409)
I think on some routes - Ryanairs flight time are deliberately longer than necessary so they can say they arrived WELL IN TIME. I have been early many many time into alicante - sometime 40 minutes early from the UK !!!!

Of course now they play a little fanfare and announce how great they are when they land early. B******ks I HATE RYANAIR !!!

I feel like an animal when travelling with Ryanair - the staff may as well wear cowboy gear and prod us in to line !!

So why do you use them?

frigilianafreddy Feb 25th 2009 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by bil (Post 7322429)
So why do you use them?

ALL AIRLINES exagerate their flight times. That's the only reason BA have any kind of reliability stats at all.

The figures i am quoting are take off punctuality. Incidentally another interview with uncle mick in the Times today. Adamant that he's gonna get rid of hold suitcases by jacking up the bag prices even more. I love it! the family of teenage girls next door will be paying for my flight soon.

Bring it on!

GrapeEater Feb 25th 2009 7:33 pm

So why do you use them?

Because I'm NOW poor, lost my job here, wife lost hers and I HAVE to go back to UK sometimes + Doncaster has either Ryanair or ThomsonFly and they flights are not that frequent or convenient - hobson's choice mate !!

bil Feb 25th 2009 9:11 pm

You and me both. Still got the job, but broke, that's me. Ryan is cheap, and I guess we have to accept that unless we want frills....., well, Ryan means that for me I still have a little cash to put into the house.

Hondon Voyager Feb 25th 2009 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by GrapeEater (Post 7322409)

love your comments and could not agree with you more .

Hondon Voyager Feb 25th 2009 10:52 pm

So why do you use them?

Is there an alternative? Monarch have cut loads of their scheduled flights and Easyjet times are ridiculous unless you like flying at all silly hours .This is from a London perspective!!

crispy Feb 25th 2009 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Hondon Voyager (Post 7323426)
Is there an alternative? Monarch have cut loads of their scheduled flights and Easyjet times are ridiculous unless you like flying at all silly hours .This is from a London perspective!!

This depends where you are flying from and to where, the times with Easyjet from Gatwick to Gib for this area are much better than Stansted to Jerez or Seville with Ryanair especially during the winter months.