Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

warning over filling out E106 application

warning over filling out E106 application

Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default warning over filling out E106 application

Heard from the revenue today re our application for E106.

By mistake we ticked the box which asked whether wed be working in Spain.

Thinking that they meant any work ie. that in the UK too we ticked it.

They have now declined the application and said it was unlikely to be reversed because of others who abuse it.

So we shall be paying into a system that we will have no benefit from and will have to take out private medical care until we start paying the spanish one.

Unfair or what?
Old Aug 20th 2009, 3:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: warning over filling out E106 application

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Heard from the revenue today re our application for E106.

By mistake we ticked the box which asked whether wed be working in Spain.

Thinking that they meant any work ie. that in the UK too we ticked it.

They have now declined the application and said it was unlikely to be reversed because of others who abuse it.

So we shall be paying into a system that we will have no benefit from and will have to take out private medical care until we start paying the spanish one.

Unfair or what?
Same as most of us had to suffer though.

It will go towards your pension .
Old Aug 20th 2009, 4:08 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Unfair or what?
Not unfair no, but a costly lesson learned! They can only go on the info you provide them with after all.
Mind you, if you have problems with forms in English wait til you have a load of Spanish forms to fill in
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Not unfair no, but a costly lesson learned! They can only go on the info you provide them with after all.
Mind you, if you have problems with forms in English wait til you have a load of Spanish forms to fill in
YEH!!!!!!!! touche.

But why not unfair.

We pay our way. Want some cover while we sort our stuff and just because we filled an application form wrong means nothing to me.

An EU national - what is that????????????
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:58 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you had said that you were planning to work in Spain - in which case you are not entitled to an E106.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fred James
I thought you had said that you were planning to work in Spain - in which case you are not entitled to an E106.
So if I come over by myself and still pay tax in uk which I will, Hubby is running the company from the uk what is best for me? If i have to pay for private i do not mind. I want to make sure me and my daughter is covered?

Thanks xx
Old Aug 21st 2009, 6:14 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missbad
So if I come over by myself and still pay tax in uk which I will, Hubby is running the company from the uk what is best for me? If i have to pay for private i do not mind. I want to make sure me and my daughter is covered?

Thanks xx
Put your gin down and have a search.
There are other people on here that work in the UK and their partner lives here and they are covered healthwise, this is covered in other threads.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 6:21 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
I think they will be working from spain but for their UK company, so I suppose they strictly are working in spain - so should I suppose be paying tax/NI here

a trip to a gestor &/or accountant might be a good idea I reckon pdq to get into the spanish system - and out of the UK one
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:09 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I think they will be working from spain but for their UK company, so I suppose they strictly are working in spain - so should I suppose be paying tax/NI here

a trip to a gestor &/or accountant might be a good idea I reckon pdq to get into the spanish system - and out of the UK one
That would certainly be my understanding as well. Fred can confirm the timescale, but there comes a point where you become TAX resident (83 days?). Then, no matter where you work, you have to pay tax in Spain.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:15 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
That would certainly be my understanding as well. Fred can confirm the timescale, but there comes a point where you become TAX resident (83 days?). Then, no matter where you work, you have to pay tax in Spain.
no doubt they will be in later to let us know

as will Fred, I'm sure
Old Aug 21st 2009, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lynnxa

Yes, we will be working in Spain for our UK business.

Our income will come from money earnt in the UK even though the work is generated in Spain so that means we have to pay UK tax cos it is english money were earning.

The form asked if wed be working in Spain so we assumed yes.

But what they really mean will we be earning euros in Spain which for the mo for us is no.

We will need our Uk accountant and also a spanish one to deal with the double taxation issue.

Once we are settled a bit then we will be registered in Spain also and pay the NI there

The E106 is a perfect way to ensure we have health cover albeit temporary.

It is so jobsworth.

Our accountant is going to try and help us appeal but we only have 1 week left now so private care may be the only solution now.

I personally think we should pay to the spanish system cos thats where we will be living and using their services.

All seems wrong and we get nothing back from paying into the UK system.

Can anyone quickly tell me the best private health care but i will look back over old threads also.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:36 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Our income will come from money earnt in the UK even though the work is generated in Spain so that means we have to pay UK tax cos it is english money were earning.

But what they really mean will we be earning euros in Spain which for the mo for us is no.

We will need our Uk accountant and also a spanish one to deal with the double taxation issue.

Once we are settled a bit then we will be registered in Spain also and pay the NI there

It is so jobsworth.

Our accountant is going to try and help us appeal but we only have 1 week left now so private care may be the only solution now.

I personally think we should pay to the spanish system cos thats where we will be living and using their services.

Can anyone quickly tell me the best private health care but i will look back over old threads also.
on a temp basis private health cover may well be cheaper in any case!
Old Aug 21st 2009, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
Put your gin down and have a search.
There are other people on here that work in the UK and their partner lives here and they are covered healthwise, this is covered in other threads.

I will make sure i search next time!
Old Aug 21st 2009, 10:09 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

It is so jobsworth.

It doesn't matter if you earn sterling, euros, sweeties or whatever, once you have been in Spain for a certain period then you are liable for Spanish tax. However, if you have paid tax in UK, this can be offset against your Spanish tax return.

Please, don't for one minute think that you don't have to be in the Spanish tax system - you do! Many accountants in UK will tell you otherwise - don't listen!
Old Aug 21st 2009, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for all your advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.