Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

warning - hacienda/tax man in Spain

warning - hacienda/tax man in Spain

Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default warning - hacienda/tax man in Spain

thought I would share this......

hubby was self employed in Spain all taxes etc paid up to date

havent lived in Spain for over a year, popped back over a couple of months ago, collected mail from our house which included a letter from the hacienda saying that our bank account was under embargo as he had outstanding IVA to pay strange as, as I said all taxes etc etc paid up to date

checked all paperwork and scanned and sent it to gestor in Spain - to confirm all payments due were paid in full

they confirmed that its the local tax office error BUT as we hadnt replied to the letter from the tax office we had to pay a fine of over 200 euros

not happy as the error was not ours and this dates back to 2007...so plenty of time to advise us of any supposed error

so now the gestor has put in a request to cancel the fine and ask that it isnt taken from our bank account.....good news, except the tax office wont change the correspondence address, so they will send the reply to our address in Spain !!!!!

dont seem fair to me !!!

Last edited by spain; Feb 11th 2010 at 8:58 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 9:16 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Re: warning - hacienda/tax man in Spain

La gran burocracia mal de EspaƱa

... is anything fair in Spain ? They do seem to have the power to do as they please... pity they are not so cocky with corrupt mayors, builders, solicitors and notaries !!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Bakeja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: warning - hacienda/tax man in Spain

I sympathise with you - it's not just the money but all the time mucking about putting right an error that was their's in the first place. Perhaps though a sign that the El Taxman is getting tougher as well as more incompetent.