Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Wanted: Rottweiler Dog

Wanted: Rottweiler Dog

Old Aug 30th 2008, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

trentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nice
Default Wanted: Rottweiler Dog

Probably going to be told off, for this being in the wrong area. We are looking to buy a dog, anyone know of any breeders for rottweilers, I have looked at sur and the other local paper. Banus, san ped, marbella area. Thanks. ps I know there are lots of unwanted dogs around but this is the breed I want.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Wanted: Rottweiler Dog

Why not rescue one, there are plenty in the dogs homes if you really want one, rather then buy of off a breeder!
Old Aug 30th 2008, 8:25 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Prior to arriving here in Spain I almost purchased a pair of English Mastiff Puppies but my Wife put me off stating we would like to travel a little within Spain and it would be unfair on two young dogs. So I re trousered the 3 grand and came to Spain Dogless and rather sad as our family have always had dogs. My last two being a Springer Spaniel and a Border terrier. They died within 6 months of each other. Within 4 months of arriving we had two free dogs one a Spanish pointer thrown out and was starving and weak outside the local tennis club and a big black Lab again thrown out.We never did our grand tour but our new arrivals, Both girls and have been chipped, jabbed and had their bits done. If you are set on a breed then get one if you just want a guard dog then I would rather have an alarm dog who is going tell me that someone is there as both my dogs do. If they want to burgle your house here in Spain they will poison the dog they are experts in that regard. These dogs who are thrown out have so much love to give and are so grateful you have saved their lives,It may seem over the top but speak with anyone here who has such a dog. Save your money Rotties have very bad hip problems, Please research the parents and see them both and get a hip score done before parting with your cash. I recommend a female, especially for first-time owners. Females are about 30% smaller and easier to control, somewhat less dominant and usually more affectionate. Males are stronger, more powerful and dominant, and therefore somewhat harder to train and control. My two have had spaggy bog for dinner this evening and I have two clean bowls to prove it, Yes I spoil them but to me they are not a tool they need human interaction and they love their dad so there.

Last edited by poshnbucks; Aug 30th 2008 at 8:47 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough

Exactly so. The dogs homes are full up with dogs wanting a loving home, so if you are a dog lover please give a stray dog a home
Old Aug 30th 2008, 9:45 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If you do buy a Rottwieler you will be subject to the Dangerous Dogs law in Spain.

Just get a lovely rescue dog from any of the many rescue centres here.

Personally I think that anyone who "buys" an dog (or cat) is in the same league as someone who buys a child from a third world country!

Just my opinion!

Last edited by Fred James; Aug 30th 2008 at 9:47 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:33 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Personally I think that anyone who "buys" an dog (or cat) is in the same league as someone who buys a child from a third world country!

Just my opinion!
don't be ridiculous Fred!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:09 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

If you do buy a Rottwieler you will be subject to the Dangerous Dogs law in Spain.

Just get a lovely rescue dog from any of the many rescue centres here.

Just my opinion!

Your just a Pre-Madonna Fred

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:20 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
don't be ridiculous Fred!
Pot...kettle?

Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:22 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trentino
Probably going to be told off, for this being in the wrong area. We are looking to buy a dog, anyone know of any breeders for rottweilers, I have looked at sur and the other local paper. Banus, san ped, marbella area. Thanks. ps I know there are lots of unwanted dogs around but this is the breed I want.
Are you looking for a Rottweiller to be a guard dog?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

mia-mia is an unknown quantity at this point

Very demanding breed. Our rottie is almost 4 y.o. and still plays as a pup.
And takes half of the bed, so beware!
We bought him (he's from oppotunity busket , no papers and has a white patch which is technically a flaw) but next dog ,or probably a family extention, would be from a shelter...Too many unwanted ones, even puppies that served as a present...:curse:
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:55 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

!

You will need a license to keep it, and it will have to be muzzled at any timw when out of the house.. even just in the garden as far as i kinow the laws, which we studied when our neighbours arrived with a pair of American Staffies. If you live on an urbanisation, then you will need permission from the president in many cases.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:07 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
You will need a license to keep it, and it will have to be muzzled at any timw when out of the house.. even just in the garden as far as i kinow the laws, which we studied when our neighbours arrived with a pair of American Staffies. If you live on an urbanisation, then you will need permission from the president in many cases.
and aren't there proposals about the owners having some sort of psychological testing to ensure they are fit to own what is classified as a dangerous breed?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:16 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by lynnxa
and aren't there proposals about the owners having some sort of psychological testing to ensure they are fit to own what is classified as a dangerous breed?
Yes, it's called chavological testing.....

Key questions being....
  1. do you wish to call your dog Tyson, Stalin, Pol Pot or something similar?
  2. do you live next to child whose face can be ripped off?
  3. do you like the name Chardonnay?

(Dry up, I'm only joking).
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:29 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Yes, it's called chavological testing.....

Key questions being....
  1. do you wish to call your dog Tyson, Stalin, Pol Pot or something similar?
  2. do you live next to child whose face can be ripped off?
  3. do you like the name Chardonnay?

(Dry up, I'm only joking).
Let`s just hope it aint you child living next door Eh ?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:36 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by jdr
Let`s just hope it aint you child living next door Eh ?
I actually don't like these dogs anywhere near children. I know people say that they are lovely but I've seen too many 'Oh Fluffy the Rottie, has never ripped the face off a child before' stories for me to ever want kids near them.

For me they are not family pets but attack and/or guard dogs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.