Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Want a winter let (5 months) in Fuengirola, E400 a month?

Want a winter let (5 months) in Fuengirola, E400 a month?

Old Sep 8th 2011, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

SizzlinSausages is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Want a winter let (5 months) in Fuengirola, E400 a month?

Hi everyone. I'm finding it difficult through googling sites online to get the information I need.
I'm looking to long-term rent a studio or small one bed apartment for E400 a month , November to April in FUENGIROLA. I'm a financially self-sufficent writer, age 50, looking for winter warmth and a few decent cafes...
Is this possible? A friend told me there were lots of properties to rent in winter (other than around the Christmas week) in Fuengirola, so I shouldn't have any problem. And that the place was lively enough (- unlike Nerja which is dead, apparently) for a civilised chap like myself.
But I'm damned if I can find any listings online! The site 'Sur in Englsih' has very little, same as Kyero...
Any thoughts?
Old Sep 8th 2011, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want a winter let (5 months) in Fuengirola, E400 a month?

Google "owners direct" and you will find many apartments with some of the owners willing to do long term winter lets.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

tex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud of

Winter warmth in Fuengirola? The weather is not great, I would guess low 60's in the day and chilly at night. You should be able to rent a small apartment on Gran Canaria or Tenerife for about €450 a month and it is a lot warmer there.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 2:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tex_ritter
Winter warmth in Fuengirola? The weather is not great, I would guess low 60's in the day and chilly at night. You should be able to rent a small apartment on Gran Canaria or Tenerife for about €450 a month and it is a lot warmer there.
Eerm low 60`s in Spain is scorching or are you using the pre 1973 British temperature measurement ?

We have spent a few Christmas days on the beach with the kids, and overall the weather will be much better than the UK.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 2:58 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SizzlinSausages
Hi everyone. I'm finding it difficult through googling sites online to get the information I need.
I'm looking to long-term rent a studio or small one bed apartment for E400 a month , November to April in FUENGIROLA. I'm a financially self-sufficent writer, age 50, looking for winter warmth and a few decent cafes...
Is this possible? A friend told me there were lots of properties to rent in winter (other than around the Christmas week) in Fuengirola, so I shouldn't have any problem. And that the place was lively enough (- unlike Nerja which is dead, apparently) for a civilised chap like myself.
But I'm damned if I can find any listings online! The site 'Sur in Englsih' has very little, same as Kyero...
Any thoughts?
As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Sep 9th 2011, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by battlezone123
Google "owners direct" and you will find many apartments with some of the owners willing to do long term winter lets.
Same with www.holidaylettings.co.uk, and they have recently merged their business to TripAdvisor, so there are often independent reviews of the property available at www.tripadvisor.com

Last edited by noelrosie; Sep 9th 2011 at 3:48 pm. Reason: link didn't work
Old Sep 9th 2011, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

tex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
Eerm low 60`s in Spain is scorching or are you using the pre 1973 British temperature measurement ?

We have spent a few Christmas days on the beach with the kids, and overall the weather will be much better than the UK.
It was well cold in 07 when I went there. Low 60's don't compare to high 60's - 70's on Gran Canaria and you don't get Papas con Mojo there lol
Old Sep 9th 2011, 8:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

It was well cold in 07 when I went there. Low 60's don't compare to high 60's - 70's on Gran Canaria and you don't get Papas con Mojo there lol
Get off your horse an drink yer milk.
You`ve been reading too many graphs, you have to be in it to know it.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

You've gone to Egypt JDR (in de nile... get it ) Those chilly winter nights in mainland Spain are no good for my arthritis

Saying that, I booked a winter break in Cyprus some years ago in February and it was bloody freezing at night.

An American chum of mine has retired to Costa Rica...loves it there but a bit of a long haul for a quick break for me
Old Sep 11th 2011, 5:43 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly wouldnt go to Fuengi for its warmth in the winter. It may not be quite as cold as the UK, but the houses and apartments arent easy to keep warm, lots of cool tiles, poor insulation etc and its can rain and rain and rain.... then theres the wind....There maybe one or two nice days, but once the sun goes down....

Jo xxx
Old Sep 11th 2011, 5:45 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

I'd totally agree with that. The canaries are warmer in the winter and tend to have all year "life", I found Fuengi quite bleak and quiet last winter

Jo xxx
Old Sep 11th 2011, 5:49 am
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by jdr

The last few winters I've spent on the CDS have been torrential rain, high winds and grim! Last christmas was awful weather. We spent most of the time huddled round the gas fire and it didnt really pick up til April and as for the winter before..............

Jo xxx
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
The last few winters I've spent on the CDS have been torrential rain, high winds and grim! Last christmas was awful weather. We spent most of the time huddled round the gas fire and it didnt really pick up til April and as for the winter before..............

Jo xxx
What about the year before and the one before that.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
I'd totally agree with that. The canaries are warmer in the winter and tend to have all year "life", I found Fuengi quite bleak and quiet last winter

Jo xxx
You get some unusual people there though.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
You get some unusual people there though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.