Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Wallpaper adhesive

Wallpaper adhesive

Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

bil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant future
Default Wallpaper adhesive

Hi
Can anyone tell me if we can buy beeline readymixed wallpaper adhesive anywhere in Moraira area save bringing from uk. thanks in advance.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 10:05 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wallpaper adhesive

Originally Posted by bil8999
Hi
Can anyone tell me if we can buy beeline readymixed wallpaper adhesive anywhere in Moraira area save bringing from uk. thanks in advance.
I dont know the area and I dont know the product but if its any help I have seen walpaper adhesive in packets for sale in spain.I think it was from either from a hardwhare shop or the paint shop.you could go on line to some of the B&Q type stores.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

shellou will become famous soon enough

Id be interested to hear how you get on! are you planning on wallpapering walls? ( iknow its a silly question) but only having seen one house with wallpaper over here and the effect damp had on it im intrigued to know if its successful for you. I wanted a 'feature' wall so ended up doing just a large panel of wallpaper on board then fixed to the wall as I was scared of it getting really damp. My view was that if it didnt work i could take the board off and bin it!!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:17 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shellou
Id be interested to hear how you get on! are you planning on wallpapering walls? ( iknow its a silly question) but only having seen one house with wallpaper over here and the effect damp had on it im intrigued to know if its successful for you. I wanted a 'feature' wall so ended up doing just a large panel of wallpaper on board then fixed to the wall as I was scared of it getting really damp. My view was that if it didnt work i could take the board off and bin it!!
You could paint over your wallpaperd pannel totaly.with a clear marine varnish and then it the damp couldnt effect it.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

bil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant future

Will let you know.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

shellou will become famous soon enough

Betris,
that was my other halfs suggestion too...so we did that and its been fine so far!

Still not sure id risk papering directly on walls though. So if anyone has managed this successfully it would be good to know.

Bill8999 thanks...look forward to hearing from you when you do
Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:34 pm
Banned

Betris,
that was my other halfs suggestion too...so we did that and its been fine so far!

Still not sure id risk papering directly on walls though. So if anyone has managed this successfully it would be good to know.

Bill8999 thanks...look forward to hearing from you when you do
paint the wall with solution of pva so it all soaks in and let it dry. that should seal the wall.then use a vynal wall paper
Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Theres no way I could wallpaper my walls!
Completely sealing them, I've been told, is not a good idea
Old Nov 5th 2008, 8:43 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I wouldnt have wall paper in spain.I would chose to to have paint.you can just touch it up when people come and kids leave grubby hand marks.when you paint the house it takes you no time at all.and you can wally it every year so it always looks nice.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
you are supposed to seal your walls prior to papering.but here a lot of houses suffer from rising damp or penatrating damp and its in places a damp climate of a night in the winter.thats why its not very good for papering but the most common is black mildew and damp.most times thats a condensation and air flow problem.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:50 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
you are supposed to seal your walls prior to papering.but here a lot of houses suffer from rising damp or penatrating damp and its in places a damp climate of a night in the winter.thats why its not very good for papering but the most common is black mildew and damp.most times thats a condensation and air flow problem.
Plastered damp proofed walls for sure, like in the UK. But concrete rendered un damproofed walls, I was told not. I bought some waterproofer for the outside as I have stone wall bases and I was told only to go up a meter.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to all that gave advice, decided to just paper the column on the stairs to start, see what you think?
Attached Thumbnails Wallpaper adhesive-dsc02003.jpg  
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Plug the jukebox in and give us a tune.
Column looks good, but would be too much on all the walls. ;-)
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:56 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by betris
I wouldnt have wall paper in spain.I would chose to to have paint.you can just touch it up when people come and kids leave grubby hand marks.when you paint the house it takes you no time at all.and you can wally it every year so it always looks nice.

Got a piccy of your last lot of visitors from the POOL

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.