Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

WAKA WAKA - Come on England :P

WAKA WAKA - Come on England :P

Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Talking WAKA WAKA - Come on England :P

Well, it's that time again - World Cup (2010) I really hope England do well, I'll be back in Spain in time for month July. (Just in case Englad make it far)

I just hope it doesn't come down to Penalties ! This will be the 1st World Cup I'll be watching in Spain, I hope the Bars do us proud..
See below the Official Song for the World Cup, bit different than the Elvis Tune from 2004.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ztr96RbMW8/Ahem/

Come on Madrid also

I'm sure all our Wives will be complaining (Where's my Eastenders!)
DSB.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 6:27 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WAKA WAKA - Come on England :P

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
Well, it's that time again - World Cup (2010) I really hope England do well, I'll be back in Spain in time for month July. (Just in case Englad make it far)

I just hope it doesn't come down to Penalties ! This will be the 1st World Cup I'll be watching in Spain, I hope the Bars do us proud..
See below the Official Song for the World Cup, bit different than the Elvis Tune from 2004.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ztr96RbMW8/Ahem/

Come on Madrid also

I'm sure all our Wives will be complaining (Where's my Eastenders!)
DSB.

Penalties are a damn fool way of settling it.

Far better in a draw would be to award victory to the side that had the fewest red and yellow cards.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:20 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

Far better in a draw would be to award victory to the side that had the fewest red and yellow cards.
That would make a few of them think before they commited fouls..............or would they just try and go for more false fouls?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:44 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

Wouldn't go with cards,looking at the standards of refereeing.

After 90 mins take each side down to 5 men each plus a keeper and play 15 minutes,..if not sorted by then take off the 2 keepers for the next 15,..in the very unlikely event of still level then,take out 2 more men each side and first goal to settle it.
Much fairer and more exciting
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:59 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Tough luck Liverpool, but well done little Fulham reaching EUFA league final, against all the odds, on a shoestring budget.
Nice to see its not all down to money.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bil

I hope they will use tape playback, to check the linesman ruling / fouls etc. You know, like they do is Rugby, Tennis, American Football... Lets hope there isn't a hand of God this year !?!@?#?!$?!@$?!@?%$
Oh, and of course Terrorist's are causing a situation already....See below

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...da-threat.html

DSB.

Last edited by bealerDSB; Apr 30th 2010 at 4:07 am.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 9:06 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
I hope they will use tape playback, to check the linesman ruling / fouls etc. You know, like they do is Rugby, Tennis, American Football... Lets hope there isn't a hand of God this year !?!@?#?!$?!@$?!@?%$
Oh, and of course Terrorist's are causing a situation already....See below

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...da-threat.html

DSB.
Well, for the life of me I can't see why they don't already. There's always a risk of false fouls etc, but to have an entire tournament hang on a single kick seems grossly unfair to me.

They should have those tiny little radio ariels on everyone, and another in the ball so that the course of the game could be plotted absolutely, so that there is no question as to whether someone was offside, whether the ball crossed the line, etc.

No system is foolproof, but we should surely choose a solution that encourages good behaviour in the game.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 10:18 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by bil
Well, for the life of me I can't see why they don't already. There's always a risk of false fouls etc, but to have an entire tournament hang on a single kick seems grossly unfair to me.

They should have those tiny little radio ariels on everyone, and another in the ball so that the course of the game could be plotted absolutely, so that there is no question as to whether someone was offside, whether the ball crossed the line, etc.

No system is foolproof, but we should surely choose a solution that encourages good behaviour in the game.
Its crazy,in a sport that is massive Worldwid with so much at stake,it would not only help stop a lot of big squabbles,but also cut down on criticism of refs and the football authorities themselves.
Unfortunately,for what reason I know not, they prefer to stick their heads in the sand and live back in the dark ages.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 1:14 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Its crazy,in a sport that is massive Worldwid with so much at stake,it would not only help stop a lot of big squabbles,but also cut down on criticism of refs and the football authorities themselves.
Unfortunately,for what reason I know not, they prefer to stick their heads in the sand and live back in the dark ages.
This is because football fans have a very short attention span. Apparently if the action was to stop for a few seconds to check a video they would lose interest which would cause them to attack the opposition fans. Why this doesn't happen in either of the rugby codes nor cricket is a mystery...
Old Apr 30th 2010, 1:20 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway why are we talking about football? The 20/20 world cup starts TODAY!!
Old Apr 30th 2010, 3:31 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by jimenato
This is because football fans have a very short attention span. Apparently if the action was to stop for a few seconds to check a video they would lose interest which would cause them to attack the opposition fans. Why this doesn't happen in either of the rugby codes nor cricket is a mystery...
Now,now,that was back in the bad old days.
Its a nice friendly, family sport now,..mostly anyway..

The rugby union guys seem to do most of their attacking on the pitch,
...Stomping on heads,biting off ears,gouging out eyes and all of that pleasant civilised stuff.
Old May 6th 2010, 7:10 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Now,now,that was back in the bad old days.
Its a nice friendly, family sport now,..mostly anyway.

The rugby union guys seem to do most of their attacking on the pitch,
...Stomping on heads,biting off ears,gouging out eyes and all of that pleasant civilised stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ork-match.html

Oh and the stomping.... thats not anything to do with the game.... thats just for fun.
Old May 6th 2010, 8:03 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ork-match.html

Oh and the stomping.... thats not anything to do with the game.... thats just for fun.
Yes,just a friendly bit of afters,....as Eddie Waring used to say.
Much more evil deeds going off in the hidden depths of the scrums.
The Daily Wail..?
Sign of desperation methinks.
Old May 6th 2010, 6:26 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

The Daily Wail..?
Sign of desperation methinks.
So because it is in the Daily Mail it never happened. Great reasoning, great reasoning.
Old May 7th 2010, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
So because it is in the Daily Mail it never happened. Great reasoning, great reasoning.
Is both Roony and Beckham not playing due to injuries this year ?????
Are there any good England players on the pitch....
DSB.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.