VoipCheap

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 1:14 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default VoipCheap

Has any one seen this. I used it today and it is totally free to call the UK
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Barrosa Brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VoipCheap

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Has any one seen this. I used it today and it is totally free to call the UK
Are you talking about Skype?
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 4:05 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

What about the money you have to pay in credit to get the free calls ?
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
What about the money you have to pay in credit to get the free calls ?
Skype to Skype is free. Just download it and as long as the person you are calling (via your computer) has downloaded Skype you can talk all day for nothing. I use it all the time. I bought a phone that plugs into the computer, but previous to that I used the mike on the computer and a pair of old headphones from a cassette player, not greatest of quality, but it worked.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 4:27 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barrosa Brit
Skype to Skype is free. Just download it and as long as the person you are calling (via your computer) has downloaded Skype you can talk all day for nothing. I use it all the time. I bought a phone that plugs into the computer, but previous to that I used the mike on the computer and a pair of old headphones from a cassette player, not greatest of quality, but it worked.

we've got voip, it's free to any number, and there seems to be less 'delay' than with skype
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 4:27 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Voipcheap is the same, PC to PC is ok, but if you pay in credit you get 300 mins a week to any landline also.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 4:49 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Its like skype, but I can call a land line for free in the uk it cost 017 cents on skype not much I know but this is totally free !
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 4:59 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Its like skype, but I can call a land line for free in the uk it cost 017 cents on skype not much I know but this is totally free !
That sounds great, but how do they make their money?
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

I love Skype so I will check this out tomorrow and they might have another convert. Thanks for the info
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:14 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjh
That sounds great, but how do they make their money?

you pay a monthly fee
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

It says you pay in credit and get 90 days free calls, limited to 300 mins a week, then you have to buy more free days when they run out, but your credit stays there.
I assume this credit can only be used if you go over 300 mins a week or call mobiles.
So technically it is not free cos they have your credit ? which you have to keep adding to, and minutes are not added to the next week, if you dont use them you lose them.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

With Voipcheap you can make calls to landlines for 120 days without uploading any credit but the calls are limited to one minute.

Handy, though, for phoning some someone and asking them to switch on their computer so that you can talk to them on Skype.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
With Voipcheap you can make calls to landlines for 120 days without uploading any credit but the calls are limited to one minute.

Handy, though, for phoning some someone and asking them to switch on their computer so that you can talk to them on Skype.
Hi Beachcomber

I have both skype and voip on the computer but this was when I had adsl now I am on dialup as previously posted because Telefonica will not get the signal into the house. Do you know if any of them still work on a slow connection??
Old Nov 4th 2006, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

No but efonica:

http://www.efonica.com

claims to work on a dial up connection.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

adec is an unknown quantity at this point

I've used most of the 'free' VoIP services over the last couple of years ..

VoiceCheap has many alter egos.. voipbuster being one, I did use to have a list of all the different domain names they use... I dropped these guys becuase the terms and conditions kept changing... now I notice they're offering 'everlasting credit' ...but I'd check the small print for any catches...

Skype is the only one I use now, for quality and price.... sure phoning landlines isnt free ... but I'll pay 1 euro cent a minute if it means Skype are going to continue improving the quality and service..

adec

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.