Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Vodafone prepago mobile broadband in Spain

Vodafone prepago mobile broadband in Spain

Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:01 am
Banned

techieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant future
Default Vodafone prepago mobile broadband in Spain

I was having a sniff around vodafone.es and in my limited Spanish I managed to determine that Vodafone offers prepaid Internet from your laptop. I have a similar thing with three in the UK and it rocks!

Anyway I checked coverage around Denia, Costa Blanca in general and it seems to be covered. It would be ideal for someone who doesn't want to be contract tied or have the issues of line rental etc

So do any other expats use this?

I fear it may be too good to be true?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice
Default Re: Vodafone prepago mobile broadband in Spain

HI Yes we have Vodafone internet connections, with the little white, stick in the side thing (moderm)

mines on contract, 45€ a month, allowed to download 1GB, (broardband speed) if i go over 1GB then it slows down, it used to charge you an extra 20€

daughter has prepay, 60€ = 1GB, but will last for upto 3 months, BUT the thing they did'nt tell us, that when you buy it or top up, you have to ring 123 (vodafone) and tell them its for the internet, otherwise they think the sim is in a mobile phone, and you get charged as if on Vodafone live!! So in our case, 40€ worth or credit went in 5 days!! I went mad, so they are sorting it out,

we are in the mountains, so the signal flips between Broardband and normal speed, but its pretty fast , im really pleased with it,

Jenny
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:43 am
Banned

techieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant future

Thats very expensive in my opinion.

I get 7GB for £25 in the UK, prepaid with Three, but I guess you cannot compare apples with oranges.

Having said that 1GB can last for a while if you stay away from downloading movies, watching iPlayer etc...

Good to know there is an option anyway! Thanks for the response.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

yes it is expensive, but at least ive got the internet,
I do believe Orange do the same sort ofthing here, but you can have 3GB, forabout the same price,
Luckily I dont download movies or music, so 1GB is enough for me.

Jenny
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:03 am
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

You can read about the various options HERE on the vodafone website.

One snag with them is that Vodafone do not tell you how much you are using, even if you set up a Mi Vodafone account on the website it still does not give you any info on data usage. Just shows it as a data call with zero cost.

This site gives lots of info in English about data sims and bonos, it is not completely up to date but may help you.

Yvonne
Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:47 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by techieguy
Thats very expensive in my opinion.

I get 7GB for £25 in the UK, prepaid with Three, but I guess you cannot compare apples with oranges.

Having said that 1GB can last for a while if you stay away from downloading movies, watching iPlayer etc...

Good to know there is an option anyway! Thanks for the response.
You wont be able to compare what you got in the UK with what you will get in Spain. I pay a lot more for a lot less over here unfortunately
Old Aug 28th 2008, 3:35 pm
Banned

Yea I understand that. We are lucky in the UK I guess! Good that there are options in Spain anyway,
Old Aug 28th 2008, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

The other thing to consider when looking at the cost of the 3g option and high usage, is 2 way satellite broadband. There must be suppliers in the area. I have purely because like thousand of others here, I cannot even get a phone line, let alone ADSL.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 4:13 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice

I'm looking into this at the moment, and had decided on vodafone prepay. Does anyone know if 3 operate in Spain?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lic
I'm looking into this at the moment, and had decided on vodafone prepay. Does anyone know if 3 operate in Spain?
As far as I know, it is only Vodafone, Movistar, Orange and Yoigo.
PM me if you need info on 2 way satellite broadband, 1 way is also possible and a lot cheaper.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:02 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

well watch out vodafone are about to put there price up