Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

vodafone no signal

vodafone no signal

Old Sep 12th 2012, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

angie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really nice
Default vodafone no signal

my husband is with vodafone (mobile). PAYG. Lately he has had no signal, just emergency calls only. He wants to change to a different network, but keep his old number..is this possible?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 11:45 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vodafone no signal

Originally Posted by angie mccready
my husband is with vodafone (mobile). PAYG. Lately he has had no signal, just emergency calls only. He wants to change to a different network, but keep his old number..is this possible?
Absolutely, no problem. Go into Movistar (or wherever) and ask for portibilidad.

You should be offered a good(ish) phone and then you choose a contract. If you want to stay PAYG, then you don't get a free phone.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

angie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really nice

thank you x
Old Sep 13th 2012, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Haven't been able to get a Vodafone ES Signal on my mobile for the last hour... I can get a PT one... So everytime my phone rings it's cost me money to take the call.!!!

Is there a problem with Vodafone today????

Cheers
Old Sep 14th 2012, 11:37 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Pope
Haven't been able to get a Vodafone ES Signal on my mobile for the last hour... I can get a PT one... So everytime my phone rings it's cost me money to take the call.!!!

Is there a problem with Vodafone today????

Cheers
my UK mobile is logged on to Vodafone ES with no problems, as there is no signal suggest it is a cell or group of cells that are not working. Power cut ?
Old Sep 14th 2012, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

it seems everybody in our area is suffering the same problem. I took my husbands mobile to the shop to change the sim card to moviestar, and it cant be done without the paper that came with the mobile when you bought it!!! Hes had the bloody thing for about 5 years now and not kept that vital piece of paper! Oh Spain, you do so love your paper dont you?
Old Sep 16th 2012, 8:08 am
Just Joined

PetradeMadrid is an unknown quantity at this point

I know two things for sure - Movistar is an expensive option. In order to transfer your existing number you do not need the original paperwork . I am in that area of work this can be done remotely, shop around first.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 8:27 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

it seems everybody in our area is suffering the same problem. I took my husbands mobile to the shop to change the sim card to moviestar, and it cant be done without the paper that came with the mobile when you bought it!!! Hes had the bloody thing for about 5 years now and not kept that vital piece of paper! Oh Spain, you do so love your paper dont you?
if everyone has the same problem then as I said before - its either a technical problem or power failure that is knocking out a mast or group.

a phone radiates effectively in 360degrees and performs a handshake with the nearest rx/tx that wants to shake hands - i.e. picks up its shout "hey guys I am here".

that is why in the UK there were complaints about people dialling 999 to report accidents on the motorway who were being picked up by a mast further away than anyone realised and they were put on to emergency services for another county.