Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Vodafone mobile number disconnected

Vodafone mobile number disconnected

Old Mar 21st 2010, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

moblies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vodafone mobile number disconnected

Sad that it is I have not been out to Spain for just over a year and am just about to go over. It seems my Vodafone mobile is no longer. It says no Network and when I used to turn it on before I went it always connected to Vodafone UK so I guess they disconnected it due to no topup in 12 months.

Anyone been able to get it back at the nearest VF store?

Thanks
Old Mar 21st 2010, 5:11 pm
Costa Blanca lover

BlueChip is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vodafone mobile number disconnected

Originally Posted by moblies
Sad that it is I have not been out to Spain for just over a year and am just about to go over. It seems my Vodafone mobile is no longer. It says no Network and when I used to turn it on before I went it always connected to Vodafone UK so I guess they disconnected it due to no topup in 12 months.

Thanks
If you have had it for a few years, its probably because you have not registered ownership of the phone. A newlaw came in that allPAYG phones needed to be registered. I found I had to visit a Vodaphone shop with ID, NIE /passport so they could positively record I owned the phone. Pick a quiet time because they dont like doing it when they are busy, takes about 10 minutes, within 30 minutes of doing that my phone was back in action.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 5:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlueChip
If you have had it for a few years, its probably because you have not registered ownership of the phone. A newlaw came in that allPAYG phones needed to be registered. I found I had to visit a Vodaphone shop with ID, NIE /passport so they could positively record I owned the phone. Pick a quiet time because they dont like doing it when they are busy, takes about 10 minutes, within 30 minutes of doing that my phone was back in action.
Thats right , but they may be over the time limit to re activate the sim card, if they are they will need to buy another and don`t forget to register it.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moblies

Thanks
you should be able to get it back.

See q6 here

http://electronica.practicopedia.com...e-prepago-3463

There is a period of 6 months grace to enable you to register your phone and recover your number.

Last edited by rachelk; Mar 21st 2010 at 5:39 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 6:58 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I am with Movistar pay as you go.
Last year on my return I was able to get my number and phone re-activated, though I lost the outstanding credit which I had on it when I left.
This year despite extensive enquiries I was told that the number could not be re-instated, and I had to take a new number and phone,not expensive,though again my outstanding credit was lost.
I was informed that after 6 months without use, even with outstanding credit,that the number could no longer be re-activated,as it had been the previous year.
Also that any phone number unused for one month or more,with no credit standing,would also be permanently de-activated.
Not quite sure if this is a new regulation, or is only applicable to Movistar.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

moblies is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks , I forgot to say last time I was there I registered it and was given a copy of the form. if I can find I'll take it into the VF shop and give it a go.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 6:29 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk
you should be able to get it back.

See q6 here

http://electronica.practicopedia.com...e-prepago-3463

There is a period of 6 months grace to enable you to register your phone and recover your number.
This wasn't the case for us. We didn't use the chip for about 8 months - it had been in the car phone and we simply forgot about it.

Went into a movistar shop to get it 'recovered' but they were unable to!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:43 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
This wasn't the case for us. We didn't use the chip for about 8 months - it had been in the car phone and we simply forgot about it.

Went into a movistar shop to get it 'recovered' but they were unable to!
I think the link simply refers to the final date for those who had not registered their ID and Address etc.in line with the govt regulation.

However I have been informed that even with phones which were correctly registered, with Movistar at least,(maybe with the others),they still permanently de-activate them after 6 months without use,or even just one month if there is no credit on them.