Vodafone ADSL

Old Mar 4th 2010, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Neil29649 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vodafone ADSL

Anybody used their ADSL Service?

If so what speed do you pay for and what speed do you actually get?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Vodafone ADSL

I switched from Telefonica 6MB to Vodafone 3MB about a month ago.

I immediately noticed that the connection speed was a lot faster (despite on paper having 3MB less).

I'm not sure how you tell the 'real' speed. My download speed is 2547kbps according to PCPitstop.com, which I guess equates to 2.5 megas?????

Whatever it is, I am much happier with Vodafone than I was with Telefonica.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Neil29649 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Veleta

I immediately noticed that the connection speed was a lot faster (despite on paper having 3MB less).

I'm not sure how you tell the 'real' speed. My download speed is 2547kbps according to PCPitstop.com, which I guess equates to 2.5 megas?????

Thanks Valeta,

I'm doing exactly the same. I¡ve had enough of Telefonica.

Hopefully Vodafone will be better.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Soltec
Thanks Valeta,

I'm doing exactly the same. I¡ve had enough of Telefonica.

Hopefully Vodafone will be better.
From application to getting the thing switched over took about a month. One thing I found was that the staff in the shop where I bought the equipment were hopeless and didn't have a clue. I contacted them a couple of times whilst I was waiting for the swichover to ask a question and instead of just saying "I'm sorry, I don't know" they just made something up. When I subsequently telephoned Vodafone direct I got the answer I was looking for.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:26 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure how you tell the 'real' speed. My download speed is 2547kbps according to PCPitstop.com, which I guess equates to 2.5 megas????? .
That's about what you would expect from a decent 3mb connection. The other good speed test site is www.speedtest.net
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

This is my Telefonica connection that started life at 0.5. upload is a bit low today for some reason though

Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:27 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

How much does the Vodaphone cost you?
Old Mar 4th 2010, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

After reading their site(http://vodafone.es/idioma/ingles/), I`m still confused about their package for phone & ASDL.
Can anyone who has a phone & ASDL package with this company, please tell me about their rates & details. Thanks.

The confusion is this info:
``Once your broadband is up and running you can use the USB modem wherever you are for only €2.9 for each day you connect

Does this mean that you`ll be charged 2.9 each time you connect to the internet using their modem, but there`s a monthly rate. What does the mthly rate include

Last edited by ForHotspot; Mar 4th 2010 at 5:15 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 5:55 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

With this system you have a router which connects through your phone line in the normal way although you no longer have to pay Telefonica the line rental.

The router has a USB port into which you can plug the supplied USB dongle which is just the same as you get if you sign up for the mobile/laptop service through their mobile network.

When you first get the router, which is before Telefonica have transferred the line across to Vodafone, you connect automatically through the mobile system with no extra charge. When the line has been transferred then the USB dongle is no longer used and you connect through the phone line.

If you have a laptop you can use the dongle in that and you pay by the day - it automatically knows that you are using it and charges accordingly.

The only other time that you connect through the dongle is if the land line goes down for some reason. Under these circumstances you connect automatically through the dongle and you are not charged.

It does look like a very clever system. I did consider it but the way the house phones connect into it looked a bit complicated especially if you have an alarm system, so I have not gone any further with it at present but it does look interesting.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fred James
With this system you have a router which connects through your phone line in the normal way although you no longer have to pay Telefonica the line rental.

The router has a USB port into which you can plug the supplied USB dongle which is just the same as you get if you sign up for the mobile/laptop service through their mobile network.

When you first get the router, which is before Telefonica have transferred the line across to Vodafone, you connect automatically through the mobile system with no extra charge. When the line has been transferred then the USB dongle is no longer used and you connect through the phone line.

If you have a laptop you can use the dongle in that and you pay by the day - it automatically knows that you are using it and charges accordingly.

The only other time that you connect through the dongle is if the land line goes down for some reason. Under these circumstances you connect automatically through the dongle and you are not charged.

It does look like a very clever system. I did consider it but the way the house phones connect into it looked a bit complicated especially if you have an alarm system, so I have not gone any further with it at present but it does look interesting.
Yes, that is all correct.

The price depends on whether you contract just the ADSL or if you have the landline service too.

I have both and if I remember correctly I am paying 35€/month for 3MB ADSL and all national calls for free. I have no line rental to pay.

The €2.90 per day charge that you have seen is intended for when you are travelling away from home. You can carry the dongle with you and plug it into your laptop.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:58 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have no line rental to pay.
So you dont have to pay Telefonica for a landline rental?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
So you dont have to pay Telefonica for a landline rental?
Correct.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

I have the same system and have the 10mb package which was (is?) 39€ a month +iva. It's gone down once in 14 months and then failed over to the 3G dongle. Speeds are very impressive (in fact they're better than advertised) and the installation and handover from Telefonica was painless

Old Mar 5th 2010, 1:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShinyAndy
I have the same system and have the 10mb package which was (is?) 39€ a month +iva. It's gone down once in 14 months and then failed over to the 3G dongle. Speeds are very impressive (in fact they're better than advertised) and the installation and handover from Telefonica was painless

http://www.speedtest.net/result/738070357.png
That is good service.
I went in the shop and despite having Telefonica BB they said that it was not available ?
Is there anywhere I can check out the cover for my number ?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Only way to know is to go into the Vodafone shop and get them to check your phone number, if they have cabled up the area you can get it if not then you can't

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.