Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Vivid Vaccination

Vivid Vaccination

Old Mar 21st 2021, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

IminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Vaccination...?

I'm 60 registered with healthcare, I've heard nothing, I'm in Catalonia, just keen to hear if you've received vaccine yet or had any updates, cheers

Last edited by IminSpain; Mar 21st 2021 at 3:33 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2021, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination...?

Originally Posted by IminSpain
I'm 60 registered with healthcare, I've heard nothing, I'm in Catalonia, just keen to hear if you've received vaccine yet or had any updates, cheers
My FIL is in his 80's with health issues and his medical centre said 'we will get round to you when we are ready'. I believe sometime in April was mentioned.

Not too sure but around here (Polop, Alicante) they have been sorting the OAP's in the care homes, the staff and then moving on to the hospital and front line staff.
The local paper said they had finished the over 90's, but were not moving to the next group before all of the previous had both jabs (with the newer vaccines only needing one jab, hopefully things should speed up).

Not going to get into a discussion as to it being the right policy, its what it is, they will get round to all of us at some point.
Im 58 and in good health, so I don't expect to get mine for a few months minimum (and Im private healthcare anyway) maybe even next year at this rate.

Old Mar 21st 2021, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

IminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Barriej
My FIL is in his 80's with health issues and his medical centre said 'we will get round to you when we are ready'. I believe sometime in April was mentioned.

Not too sure but around here (Polop, Alicante) they have been sorting the OAP's in the care homes, the staff and then moving on to the hospital and front line staff.
The local paper said they had finished the over 90's, but were not moving to the next group before all of the previous had both jabs (with the newer vaccines only needing one jab, hopefully things should speed up).

Not going to get into a discussion as to it being the right policy, its what it is, they will get round to all of us at some point.
Im 58 and in good health, so I don't expect to get mine for a few months minimum (and Im private healthcare anyway) maybe even next year at this rate.
Thanks, I agree “it’s what it is “ The sooner the better!
Old Mar 21st 2021, 4:35 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You could try reading the newspapers. They are full of it.

The first thing you will “hear” is your phone ringing and someone giving you an appointment, probably with the following days, not weeks.

For a 60 year old it could be some time. Many 80 year olds are still waiting.
Old Mar 21st 2021, 4:59 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vivid Vaccination

Meanwhile it is over 50s now in the UK, which is racing ahead with the vaccinations....
Old Mar 21st 2021, 5:00 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we all know that. Please stop reminding us!!
Old Mar 21st 2021, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn’t expect a vaccine anytime soon. Another big lockdown is incoming as this wave is the same variant that ripped through the uk a few months back. It’s both more infectious and deadly and only a complete 3 month lockdown will bring it under control. Uk is doing nearly a million vaccines a day now.
Old Mar 21st 2021, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

We're in the Basque country; both of us over 70. Registered with the Basque health service, Osakidetza. Surpisingly slower than most other Spanish autonomous regions. Don't expect ours anytime soon.
Old Mar 21st 2021, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fred James
You could try reading the newspapers. They are full of it.

The first thing you will “hear” is your phone ringing and someone giving you an appointment, probably with the following days, not weeks.

For a 60 year old it could be some time. Many 80 year olds are still waiting.
ahhh thanks I will I didn’t realise newspapers had news.... I was keen to hear individuals experience but thanks, your contribution has been beyond invaluable 😉
Old Mar 21st 2021, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Retired in Euskadi
We're in the Basque country; both of us over 70. Registered with the Basque health service, Osakidetza. Surpisingly slower than most other Spanish autonomous regions. Don't expect ours anytime soon.
Thanks appreciate your insight! I don’t believe what the press tell me, unlike others!
Old Mar 21st 2021, 6:43 pm
Herreño

Boseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond repute

I had mine almost two weeks ago, A.Z. !!, my next is on the 30th, however we are residents in the Canary Islands, there are only 4000 to 5000 actual residents on the entire island, at the moment we have four active cases
Old Mar 21st 2021, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boseley
I had mine almost two weeks ago, A.Z. !!, my next is on the 30th, however we are residents in the Canary Islands, there are only 4000 to 5000 actual residents on the entire island, at the moment we have four active cases
Excellent...👍
Old Mar 21st 2021, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Expect a phone call not letter. Not sure if they will speak english though.
Old Mar 21st 2021, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks appreciate your insight! I don’t believe what the press tell me, unlike others!
The dates when vaccinations would start for the residents and staff in care homes, and front line health workers, followed by the over 80s, were printed in the press covering Andalucia and they duly happened. News that teachers were being vaccinated from a certain date was printed in the local press, and from that date onwards I could see them queuing at the vaccination site set up outside our local hospital (they were followed by Policia and Guardia Civil). Whenever there have been delays expected in vaccine supplies being received, the press have printed that news, in a factual not a sensationalist way. Latest is that following the decision by Spain to resume using the AstraZeneca vaccine, there will be a further meeting this week to discuss which age or high risk groups that vaccine will be used for (until now it has been for under 55s only).

I don't know about the programme in Catalunya, but in Andalucia they are due to start vaccinating the over 70s from April and that will continue until the end of May, moving on to over 60s in June.
Old Mar 21st 2021, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
Expect a phone call not letter. Not sure if they will speak english though.
habló castellano gracias

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.