villamartin

Old Jul 10th 2010, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

descarol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default villamartin

HI all, we are planning to move to villamartin in the near future we would be grateful if you could tell us what the area is like and how much 2 bed villa would cost for long term rent, and also what bills etc we would expect to pay
Old Jul 10th 2010, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: villamartin

Originally Posted by descarol
HI all, we are planning to move to villamartin in the near future we would be grateful if you could tell us what the area is like and how much 2 bed villa would cost for long term rent, and also what bills etc we would expect to pay
Which Villamartin? Torrevieja? Cadiz??
Old Jul 10th 2010, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

sorry it's Torrevieja
Old Jul 11th 2010, 6:18 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I would budget €300 per month and another 100€ for utilities. Be careful, there are some very rough areas.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

SaratonyT is an unknown quantity at this point

We love villamartin, in fact we have already bought our villa and are moving there next year. Villamartin has everything we need as a family, plus we are a couple of kilometres from beautiful beaches. Our neighbours are a mix of spanish and english.

Shop around for your villa, prices can vary a lot depending on agents. Also, try www.holiday-rentals.co.uk although this is predominantly holiday lets, many owners do offer long term. It is also a good way to look at what type of property you would like to rent.

Good luck!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 8:00 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I know Villamartin, but it's actually about eight miles from Torrevieja and comes under Orihuela and it's right next to Orihuela Costa.

It's a varied place and it's best to check on the many local forums for more information, there's lots of information out there. It does have some negative aspects, but then, what place hasn't?
Old Jul 11th 2010, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by missile
I would budget €300 per month and another 100€ for utilities. Be careful, there are some very rough areas.
thanks
Old Jul 11th 2010, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SaratonyT
We love villamartin, in fact we have already bought our villa and are moving there next year. Villamartin has everything we need as a family, plus we are a couple of kilometres from beautiful beaches. Our neighbours are a mix of spanish and english.

Shop around for your villa, prices can vary a lot depending on agents. Also, try www.holiday-rentals.co.uk although this is predominantly holiday lets, many owners do offer long term. It is also a good way to look at what type of property you would like to rent.

Good luck!
thanks for the info
Old Jul 11th 2010, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HBG
I know Villamartin, but it's actually about eight miles from Torrevieja and comes under Orihuela and it's right next to Orihuela Costa.

It's a varied place and it's best to check on the many local forums for more information, there's lots of information out there. It does have some negative aspects, but then, what place hasn't?
thanks for your help
Old Jul 11th 2010, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

phyllis is an unknown quantity at this point

I would have a look around the area and other areas, before you make any decisions, it is an awful place, originally, we intended living in or around that area and spent 2 weeks there, and I could not wait to get back on the plane back to the UK and that is not me, we chose the north of Costa Blanca, so spend time in both areas before you make your final decision.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by phyllis
I would have a look around the area and other areas, before you make any decisions, it is an awful place, originally, we intended living in or around that area and spent 2 weeks there, and I could not wait to get back on the plane back to the UK and that is not me, we chose the north of Costa Blanca, so spend time in both areas before you make your final decision.
thanks for the advice
Old Jul 11th 2010, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

hi phyllis can you elaborate a bit more on your comments please
Old Jul 11th 2010, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about

Had a holiday home there for 7 years and tried living there for one year. If you like concrete, brit expats, building works, car fumes, slow moving traffic, piles of rubbish, dirty streets, English restaurants and Irish pubs, paying through the nose, waiting for manana to never come and living within the confines of a community of owners, with (potentially) a power crazed President then it's the place for you. If however you want to move to Spain to experience Spain, then pick somewhere else.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cymruambyth
Had a holiday home there for 7 years and tried living there for one year. If you like concrete, brit expats, building works, car fumes, slow moving traffic, piles of rubbish, dirty streets, English restaurants and Irish pubs, paying through the nose, waiting for manana to never come and living within the confines of a community of owners, with (potentially) a power crazed President then it's the place for you. If however you want to move to Spain to experience Spain, then pick somewhere else.
thanks again will have a holiday there 1st to see what it is like but i will be looking around the alicante and murcia regions before we make a decision many thanks for the advice we will take it on board
Old Jul 11th 2010, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cymruambyth
Pretty much the same as my take on the god forsaken place! However, thousands of Brits seem to like the place, and property is cheap!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.