Wikiposts

VET NEEDS HELP

Old Aug 24th 2012, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

lovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nice
Default VET NEEDS HELP

MY VET NEEDS YOUR HELP, please pass this message on to as many people as possible.
My vet has had on 3 seperate occasions, kittens left on the doorstep of her clinic. She will not put healthy kittens down and so has now found herself in a ridiculous situation. Her back room which she needs for other more important things, is now being used as a play room by 10 kittens, (9 now, one rehomed today ) Their ages are between 12 and 15 weeks old and various colours. She really needs good homes for them all quickly and is therefore offering each kitten fully vaccinated free of charge and when they old enough she will spay/neuter any of these males or females for only €20 each!! please can we all try our best to help her. I am well aware that there are hundreds of kittens needing homes but she really needs help quickly so that she can not only concentrate on her job as a vet but also regain her much needed back room.
Attached Thumbnails VET NEEDS HELP-vets-kittens.jpg   VET NEEDS HELP-tabby.jpg  
Old Aug 24th 2012, 7:18 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VET NEEDS HELP

It would help enormously if you could tell us where you are.

You have the option to put that in your profile which would make it much easier.

Spain is a pretty large country.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

lovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fred James
It would help enormously if you could tell us where you are.

You have the option to put that in your profile which would make it much easier.

Spain is a pretty large country.
Ooops sorry it is in Estepona
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:24 am
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

I´m so sorry I can´t help because we have this all the time with kittens and with puppies and older dogs who have been abandoned.

I work with a charity, in Cádiz, who rescue dogs. We are only small but we find that we are full all the time. People leave their puppies outside of our gates, or in the bins or just chuck them out, particularly at the end of the hunting season if they feel they are not good.

I do believe there is a cat rescue in Cádiz but can´t remember the name but I can find out for you. However Cádiz City is a long way from where you are.

I really wish you good luck but until the Spanish (and some extranjeros who dump their pets when they go back to their own county) realize that having their pets neutured is the best way to go then we have no hope. Please google cat rescue places near you or in Cádiz as I know that Cádiz have a really good society

Going back to another thread about education, that´s all we can do. My Spanish neighbours seem to be getting the idea but they do have dogs to breed off and it´s only the working dogs that get spayed.

There are places in Torrox and also in other places that take kittens. You need to google and then you may be able to get some help. I´m sorry I can´t be more specific but Google is your friend and you will get a lot of info from it.

We do have a feral cat that has been with us 8 years and he´s really settled in.

Last edited by jjh; Aug 24th 2012 at 8:31 am.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks jjh, the next step will be looking towards cat rescues but first I said I would try and help by putting story on various websites. I only started yesterday and already someone has rehomed a kitten today and another donated €20 so that's really good in 24 hours. If everyone can spread the word that would be a big help. A fully vaccinated kitten which will be spayed for only €20 may be the decider for some people