Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A very very long shot

A very very long shot

Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:53 am
Just Joined

jan and Ellie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A very very long shot

Well at the moment I am working in a coffee bar/restaurant and really enjoy it.I went back to work today and so many customers said it wasn't the same without me which was lovely.I do get on well with people and give 110% at work.Wouldn't mind doing something like that but not night bar work (not that they would employ someone of my age) I have worked in shops too so that would be fine and I also love working with children I used to run a youth club.My big problem is although I have been to Spain for many years I don't speak Spanish although my daughter does. All I can say is that I am intelligent,honest,hardworking and always cheerful in my job and give it my all.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:57 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jan and Ellie
This is a long shot folks.I am 47 years YOUNG have an 18 yr old daughter and we are trying to find work in Spain.I have worked in for Nat West Bank and the Post Office now in catering.I also ran a youth club and helped at my daughters primary school a few days a week.My daughter is at college at the moment.She got 6 A's at GSCE including Spanish.She also works in hospitality and catering and is wonderful with young children.We are both very good with our "people skills" and are very hard workers.If there is anybody out there who knows of any jobs we would be so grateful.Thank you
Might be worthwhile having a look or placing an ad on http://www.surinenglish.com in the Situations Vacant/Wanted section
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Well at the moment I am working in a coffee bar/restaurant and really enjoy it.I went back to work today and so many customers said it wasn't the same without me which was lovely.I do get on well with people and give 110% at work.Wouldn't mind doing something like that but not night bar work (not that they would employ someone of my age) I have worked in shops too so that would be fine and I also love working with children I used to run a youth club.My big problem is although I have been to Spain for many years I don't speak Spanish although my daughter does. All I can say is that I am intelligent,honest,hardworking and always cheerful in my job and give it my all.
Damn!! almost a perfect woman.

Would failure in Spain make it difficult? or have you "nothing to lose"?
If the latter, even if you end up doing nightime bar work, give it a go, if now't else it'd be something for you both to remember. If the former - wait for someone with more sense to post - ignore Rugbymatt he's a stalker!!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Thanks I'll check out sureinengish.com.
Have nothing to lose really would just rent out my house for the time being.I'm in Puerto Banus in July for two weeks holiday will check out the local papers I think.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:48 am
Just Joined

Sorry guys just bumping my thread up
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

me again
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:15 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

would you consider telesales or aftersales? My daughter lives near Marbella and has never been out of work, she never gets a permanent contract, but gets a contract with each job she is in. The pay is not great about 800 to 1000 a month. She is more on the admin side of things but the telesales staff do get more pay. It might not be ideal, but it would be a start as you could to part time while you look for something else. Good luck
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:33 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
would you consider telesales or aftersales? My daughter lives near Marbella and has never been out of work, she never gets a permanent contract, but gets a contract with each job she is in. The pay is not great about 800 to 1000 a month. She is more on the admin side of things but the telesales staff do get more pay. It might not be ideal, but it would be a start as you could to part time while you look for something else. Good luck
You need a hard heart to do telesales out of Marbella from what I know about it.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 6:07 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
You need a hard heart to do telesales out of Marbella from what I know about it.
I know what you mean, but I was thinking more of the admin side of things. someone has to do the bookings for Club la costa and so on.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Thanks..it's a thought
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

AnaMaria84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you thought about talking with some of the International Schools along the coast. Tey may need people to work in the offices or even help with the children. Its worth a try.
Good luck
AnaMaria
Old Apr 17th 2008, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Thanks..it's a thought
Have a HR number for club la costa if your interested
Old Jul 29th 2008, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: A very very long shot

Well its taken ages but we have done it and are going to move in a months time.Need some advice though folks please are there any airlines that will allow you to take more than 0kg on your flight.Also have two cats and would like advive on pet passports and transportation.Thanks
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:34 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Well its taken ages but we have done it and are going to move in a months time.Need some advice though folks please are there any airlines that will allow you to take more than 0kg on your flight.Also have two cats and would like advive on pet passports and transportation.Thanks
wow you're on your way!

did you get jobs lined up?

if you look in 'free beer' or put pet passports in the BE search I'm sure you will find the info you need.

we came over nearly 5 years ago, but I'm sure it took more than a month to sort out the rabies jab for our cat
Old Jul 29th 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
we came over nearly 5 years ago, but I'm sure it took more than a month to sort out the rabies jab for our cat
For a 'full' passport where you can bring your animal back, you have to have a rabies jab (possibly two are recommended with a two week gap between), then a blood test, then if the blood test is OK - six months after the blood test date you can return to the UK, provided everything else is in order.

If you are planning to leave sooner, give them the rabies jab and ask for the passport but you don't need to do the blood test until you are in Spain (probably be cheaper). I believe you can leave with your pets 21 days after the jabs, but you must check with DEFRA / your vet as the rules for both countries are always changing.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do make sure your animals have the blood test and hence have the full pet passport - so they can return to the UK should the need arise. The roads and caminos of Spain are littered with abandoned cats and dogs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.