Vermin

Old Mar 24th 2015, 7:54 am
Just Joined

petefromwales is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vermin

Hi guys we are having a problem with Cocroaches we have put down traps galore but has had no real effect, also filled in holes cracks is there any company that can radicate this problem?

Many thanks Pete.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 7:56 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vermin

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 24th 2015, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Many thanks for your warm welcome and your Commitment to this site Pete.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 8:44 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petefromwales
Hi guys we are having a problem with Cocroaches we have put down traps galore but has had no real effect, also filled in holes cracks is there any company that can radicate this problem?

Many thanks Pete.
... all depends where you are?

There are lots of companies, around here I recommend "Ratonet".

Also, you could try your local town hall who would be able to advise.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 2:53 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Nasty creatures, I hope you manage to resolve the issue.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Thanks guys for your kind help, I did go onto the ratonet but they are a Spanish company no English.
Pete.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 12:09 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for your kind help, I did go onto the ratonet but they are a Spanish company no English.
Pete.
Doh, yes - you're in Spain!
Old Mar 27th 2015, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about

Have you tried oro spray , big red aerosol available in most supermarkets

Cheers Tony
Old Mar 27th 2015, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

I am from the Rhondda we had lots of vermin there but also when we lived in the South of France some there. A local guy relied upon his family being involved in the eradication over many years of the problem. He mixed his own mixture.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Now now Snikphoo dont be a twitt, I meant I dont live here dont speak Spanish (or cant).
Not like you probaly cant speak English either. Duh!!
Old Mar 30th 2015, 8:00 am
Just Joined

Yes tony I have heared about mixing your own may have to try it Peye.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Vermin

Yes tony I have heared about mixing your own may have to try it Peye.
Hi Pete

Oro just comes in a spray , it says on the tin it can last for up to one year .

I have found it quite good , if you spray across any door ways , incests will die once they have walked over it

I Have used the mix yourself stuff to do the dog with before I guess you could fumigate the whole house with it , might stink for a while , but if it kills them for good might be worth a go ?

Cheers Tony
Old Mar 30th 2015, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

Pete,

If you've found a company but the issue is that they only speak Spanish, try going into one of those internet/phone places where you can rent PCs by the minute for use. I have two near me and both of them have owners who regularly give a bit of help to people with communication issues. If you explain and ask them to make a quick call to request the service, they probably will.

Alternatively, ask around and find somebody who knows Spanish and English.

You say you don't live there, but if you're going to spend any amount of time there, you're going to need help like this at some point in the future, so finding help now seems like a good idea.

And, if you have the option of Spanish and English speaking companies you're going to pay less for services. In all cases so far for me, English wide-boy has been more expensive than long established Spanish bloke.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks both to Tony and Horlicks. Pete.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Dusts. Silica (including silica dioxide, silica gel and silica aerogel) and diatomaceous earth damage the waxy coating of the roach's body, causing it to shrivel and die. Boric acid is a readily available dust that roaches ingest when they groom themselves. It acts as a stomach poison, but is one of the safest control products to use around people and pets. Look for these dusts in hardware stores, drug stores, discount stores, home centers, supermarkets and even web sites that sell pest control products (see Table 2). Apply dusts in very thin layers underneath appliances and inside void areas (such as wall voids and voids around cabinets). Only apply dusts in areas inaccessible to children and pets.

Active ingredient Examples of product names
boric acid
Borid Boric Acid Dust
Perma-Dust Pressurized Boric Acid Dust
Pic Boric Acid Roach Killer Gel
Pic Boric Acid Roach Killer III Powder
Roach Prufe
Victor Roach Killing Powder
diatomaceous earth
Diatomaceous Earth
Roach and Ant Killer D-E Dust
Safer Ant & Crawling Insect Killer

Both Boric and D Earth work really well.Boric Acid powder costs around 7 euros a kilo in Spain

Last edited by davidinspain; Mar 30th 2015 at 10:28 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.