Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Vendor increases price!

Wikiposts

Vendor increases price!

Old May 27th 2012, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

chocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nice
Default Re: Vendor increases price!

Well it looks like it's all over- received the valuation on Friday from the bank and although we had been told it would be about what we had originally offered it has come in at 25,000 euros less!

Told vendor, we now wish to reduce original offer and he has now kindly offered to return to the original price!!

Don't think so- left him to think about it!
Old May 27th 2012, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocaholic22
Well it looks like it's all over- received the valuation on Friday from the bank and although we had been told it would be about what we had originally offered it has come in at 25,000 euros less!

Told vendor, we now wish to reduce original offer and he has now kindly offered to return to the original price!!

Don't think so- left him to think about it!
Serve the begger right, hope you get sorted with this or another property soon. horrid for you but you are right to hold out
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

chocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nice

Well I think with everything that has happened over the weekend- "the bailout" the vendor has come to his senses and agreed a new price!! Phew!

Hopefully all will now move smoothly, but we won't hold our breath!

By the way-thanks to everyone who offered their support, been a bit of a stressful time!
Old Jun 11th 2012, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocaholic22
Well I think with everything that has happened over the weekend- "the bailout" the vendor has come to his senses and agreed a new price!! Phew!

Hopefully all will now move smoothly, but we won't hold our breath!

By the way-thanks to everyone who offered their support, been a bit of a stressful time!
Well done for holding your nerve. I wish you every success with this.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 10:05 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I can't believe anybody being so stupid as to try that on in the current climate!

When I was looking for a house just over 9 years ago, I asked for a second viewing on one house owned by a British guy. When I met the agent beforehand, she said "I don't know how to tell you this, but the vendor has been in touch and said we (the agency) made a mistake about the price and it is actually 10,000€ more than we told you before". Immediately I thought this guy thinks I am an idiot with more money than sense, I went ahead with the second viewing just to waste his time but had no intention of buying the house. It is only a few doors away from the one I ended up buying and I know that the people who did eventually buy it paid less than the original price I was quoted (and have discovered a lot of defects with it, so he did us a favour really!).

I'd tell him to take a hike or if you really want the house, say that you're no longer prepared to offer as much as you were originally as prices have dropped since then. Serve him right.
Normal here - I've heard this story so many times it's not even amusing anymore.

Of course, this is the same place where in one shop, a 25m garden hose is priced at €40 and in the shop next door the exact same make of garden hose is priced at €12.50.

I agree with Lynn - Tell him you've decided to pay less now, since the prices are dropping every day - and further, tell him (have your solicitor tell him) you offer €2K less every day he continues to fart around in his arrogant attempt to maximise his profits in his mistaken belief that a foreigner will be stupid enough to play his stupid game.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Normal here - I've heard this story so many times it's not even amusing anymore.

Of course, this is the same place where in one shop, a 25m garden hose is priced at €40 and in the shop next door the exact same make of garden hose is priced at €12.50.

I agree with Lynn - Tell him you've decided to pay less now, since the prices are dropping every day - and further, tell him (have your solicitor tell him) you offer €2K less every day he continues to fart around in his arrogant attempt to maximise his profits in his mistaken belief that a foreigner will be stupid enough to play his stupid game.
I like(d) it ....until you played the foreigner card. More empowering and I'd have thought potentially successful if you make it clear you're no idiot fullstop. Guiri or not, no-one should be taken for a mug in the kind of housing market that exists today.