Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Valencian health care quota

Valencian health care quota

Old Aug 21st 2009, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future
Default Valencian health care quota

Has this been introduced yet.

Last I saw was that it was expected to be last January and was to apply to anyone not covered in another way.

The FO site seemed to indicate 200-300 euros each paid quarterly. Seems expensive unless this means that amount is for a year but you pay it in quarters.

Adeslas vital cover is cheaper than that at around 90-140 euros per couple early 50s.

Anyone got any up to date news?
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future
Default Re: Valencian health care quota

of course I meant that figure for Adeslas to read monthly!
Old Aug 21st 2009, 8:05 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by campolife
The FO site seemed to indicate 200-300 euros each paid quarterly. Seems expensive unless this means that amount is for a year but you pay it in quarters.
No one ever said it would be cheap but it does cover pre-existing medical problems which private insurance does not.

The real problem was that people came to Valencia, did not need to have private insurance because they were allowed onto the state system, developed medical problems and then they had the rug pulled from under their feet - no possibility of private insurance and no state cover either.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 8:16 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
No one ever said it would be cheap but it does cover pre-existing medical problems which private insurance does not.

The real problem was that people came to Valencia, did not need to have private insurance because they were allowed onto the state system, developed medical problems and then they had the rug pulled from under their feet - no possibility of private insurance and no state cover either.
Didn`t they say that those already in the system would still be covered and the payment system is for newbies ?
Old Aug 21st 2009, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

If I remember rightly though when we were looking to buy in 2003 the Valencian government listed the access to healthcare for early-retirees as an inducement to choose the area.

I know it upset many locals and politician who saw this as a free ride for people who had not paid into the system but these people did spend their savings/pension/foreign wages in the area. Apparently the numbers of people in this position is not great so it may have been more of a political move.

Of course in the UK you only need to intend to reside or look for work to qualify for NHS cover.

JDR - I think the FO site says that those already receiving cover would only do so until a quota had been introduced.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember rightly though when we were looking to buy in 2003 the Valencian government listed the access to healthcare for early-retirees as an inducement to choose the area.

I know it upset many locals and politician who saw this as a free ride for people who had not paid into the system but these people did spend their savings/pension/foreign wages in the area. Apparently the numbers of people in this position is not great so it may have been more of a political move.

Of course in the UK you only need to intend to reside or look for work to qualify for NHS cover.

JDR - I think the FO site says that those already receiving cover would only do so until a quota had been introduced.
Yes you are right unless you fit one of the list. HERE
Old Aug 21st 2009, 10:02 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

In 5 days time I will have full access to the Spanish Health system thanks to the wife
Old Aug 21st 2009, 11:40 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
In 5 days time I will have full access to the Spanish Health system thanks to the wife
You'd better take good care of her then!
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 6:09 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

That 5 days, is that including the paperwork and visits to here and there. lol

The care is this area is magic.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 6:28 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Didn`t they say that those already in the system would still be covered and the payment system is for newbies ?
They did - but they didn't mean it as I know to my cost!
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

So are you saying that if your spouse qualifies for for some reason, for example becomes a pensioner, you automatically qualify at the same time?

Seem to remember my wife was added as a dependent when I used the E106 last time.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

So are you saying that if your spouse qualifies for for some reason, for example becomes a pensioner, you automatically qualify at the same time?

Seem to remember my wife was added as a dependent when I used the E106 last time.
If one of you qualifies on age grounds, the other is covered as a dependent.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:46 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am, I am a dependent and therefore get the same cover as her ... thats not just Valencia, thats nationwide
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I recently read on another site:- 270 euros every three months for people under 65 and 330 euros every three months for those 65 and over.

It said this came from 'Valencia'

I don't understand the quote for over 65's surely they are covered for free based on their contributions (But I suppose there are some without sufficient contribs.)

The FCO site does not yet say this.

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-...care-valencia/
Old Aug 24th 2009, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

What if your not married but are living together and have been for years, can you still be a dependant and get access on this basis?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.