Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Valencia Region - Covid Cert Issues

Valencia Region - Covid Cert Issues

Old Jul 9th 2021, 11:21 am
Just Joined

farvana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Valencia Region - Covid Cert Issues

Has anyone in the Valencia Region downloaded their covid vaccination certificate and verified the QR code?

I downloaded the PDF okay. But when I scan the QR code, it says ‘no usable data.’ As for the 'digital' certificate, which appears in the media photos to be a QR code with minimal other info, I’ve downloaded that but can’t open it in either IOS or Android (it’s a file called ‘document’ with no file extension, so no idea how to open it). According to san.gva.es, in IOS you need to install three additional certification profiles in order to open the covid cert (ACCVRAIZ1/ACCVCA-110/ACCVCA-120). I’ve downloaded and installed all of them as per instructions, but it makes no difference. I’ve also repeated all this multiple times on various computers and phones, so this is not a onetime file corruption issue.

If you are in the Valencia Region, what experiences have you had? Could you verify the code on the PDF? (Or does this require some special scanner? I’d assumed any scanner could do it.) Have you downloaded, opened and verified the digital QR code? If so, on what phone? And how did it work?

My concern is that I’m going to walk off a plane somewhere and be told my paperwork is not correct and we all know how that goes.

Any help, much appreciated…

Old Jul 9th 2021, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Valencia Region - Covid Cert Issues

I am not sure what you mean exactly?. I have downloaded my certificate. It states details and there is obviously there is a scan square for officials to use to verify it. Are you talking about this or the scan just to download the cert?
Isnt the scan on the certificate for official use and their specific software. You just show them the certificate you arent meant to start scanning anything

Last edited by Chipmonk; Jul 9th 2021 at 11:27 am.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 11:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
I am not sure what you mean exactly?. I have downloaded my certificate. It states details and there is obviously there is a scan square for officials to use to verify it. Are you talking about this or the scan just to download the cert?
Isnt the scan on the certificate for official use and their specific software. You just show them the certificate you arent meant to start scanning anything
Okay. So I think you're talking about the PDF cert. Right? The one you can print out. It contains name, DOB etc, plus a QR code. So have you tried to scan that code? Does it say 'no usable data'? I assumed it would take you a site with some sort of 'approved check..' You mention that officials will have specific software. Do you know that, or is it an assumption? I'd assumed that these certs might be used widely, for example in hotels, clubs, sports stadiums etc. So all these venues are going to have specific software? I can't see that. However, you may be right. I don't know.

How about the digital cert. I think that is a smaller thing that shows up on your phone according to the pictures I've seen. Did you get that?
Old Jul 9th 2021, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

You would assume that the people who would scan your qr code would have the appropriate software and or key to unlock the mysteries of what is included in that black and white square.

If you or anybody else could do it then it would open it up to miss use and fraud.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-...certificate_en
Old Jul 9th 2021, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by growinspain
You would assume that the people who would scan your qr code would have the appropriate software and or key to unlock the mysteries of what is included in that black and white square.

If you or anybody else could do it then it would open it up to miss use and fraud.
What I read was that it was set up to confirm the code without giving any personal info. That's the point. The PDF cert I've downloaded is full of personal info plus a QR code. There's supposed to be a digital cert too which is basically just a QR code. Either way, the QR code is supposed to refer you to the Valencian (in my case) health authority site that confirms it's genuine. No personal info passes (all that info stays on the health authority site). So anyone can check the validity of the cert with a scanner (my understanding). Even if there was 'special software' to read it, no personal info could be passed because it would violate EU law.

If someone can confirm they are getting the same 'no usable data' then maybe there is special software. But also, I'd like to know if anyone got a digital cert different from the PDF. Or is the PDF what they mean by digital cert.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

This is what I got after scanning my qr code and then asking for the link to be opened. This, I think, supports Chipmonk's theory.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

The answer to all your questions are on the EUs website. Or ask your medical professional.

Your pdf or qr code on the app from your region ie, Valencia are both considered a digital certificate
Old Jul 9th 2021, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by VEDShappy
This is what I got after scanning my qr code and then asking for the link to be opened. This, I think, supports Chipmonk's theory.
I agree. It's obviously not a regular QR code that can be validated by anyone as we are all getting some form of error message. Some special app is required. So the only way to check if it works is to travel and see.

Thanks to you all for following up and sharing your experiences. At least, we know now.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

If you were meant to scan it to check things they would have said so . It's simply for border control officers to verify validity.