Valencia City

Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:47 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Valencia City

Originally Posted by montgomail
I have always wanted to go there but doesn't it shut at lunch time? Don't think I've ever got to Valencia early enough. Did you go by rail or drive in? I just wondered how easy it is to park in the city.
Next time you are over you will have to bite the bullet and set the alarm!!!! Not sure how easy it is to park in Valencia but it was quite reasonable for 2 hours (cannot remember exactly how much but remember saying that it was not bad). We think that the market closes at 2 p.m. It is definitely worth a visit.

Rosemary
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Next time you are over you will have to bite the bullet and set the alarm!!!! Not sure how easy it is to park in Valencia but it was quite reasonable for 2 hours (cannot remember exactly how much but remember saying that it was not bad). We think that the market closes at 2 p.m. It is definitely worth a visit.

Rosemary
It's not me, it's the others! I thought I had read somewhere about it only being open for half a day and to get there early enough to walk to it and to walk around it, would mean leaving Denia at about 8 am which none of my friends would agree to. However, I will get there one day as it does look so alluring in the photos in my guide book.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:36 am
Just Joined

paul50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Planning our first real trip to Valencia itself (only usually go to Lee Roy Merlins) and wondered if anyone has any info on where we must not miss, what is not so good as expected etc. Want to make the most of our first visit as I think that it is inclined to colour all future visits. Will go by train so presume that the station is fairly central and that there are good places to visit in the vicinity.

Rosemary
I have just returned from a 5 day holiday and had a day out in valencia Unfortunaly oh wanted to shopping. Anyway sitting in one of the many squares having a drink I noticed a tourist bus, so I thought lets have a go. I can say it was well worth 12 euros ticket, it takes about 90 mins to go allover the city and theres so much there to see which most people miss , also you can stop a various sites and look around then go back to the bus stop and wait for a bus to come back which is every 30 mins. so give it a try