Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Valencia airport closures..anyone know for sure ??

Valencia airport closures..anyone know for sure ??

Old Jul 21st 2008, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Valencia airport closures..anyone know for sure ??

got friends flying out of Valencia on Saturday, I have read that they are closing the air space as a test for the F1 but nothing on ryanair website about it and can still book flights out of Valencia for this Saturday and Sunday, so does anyone know for sure if there will be flights re-directed to other airports ?
Old Jul 21st 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Valencia airport closures..anyone know for sure ??

Originally Posted by spain
got friends flying out of Valencia on Saturday, I have read that they are closing the air space as a test for the F1 but nothing on ryanair website about it and can still book flights out of Valencia for this Saturday and Sunday, so does anyone know for sure if there will be flights re-directed to other airports ?
No idea, but let me know if you hear anything as we are flying out of Valencia on the day of the race - Sunday 24 Aug.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:28 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to you both
Why dont one of you pm valenciatim - he may know and im sure he'll get back to you if he hears anything
Love Sam xxx
Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:55 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I've gpt friends arriving on Sunday and they haven't been told anything at all about diversions
Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:56 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
No idea, but let me know if you hear anything as we are flying out of Valencia on the day of the race - Sunday 24 Aug.
Eh???? I thought you were coming over, not going back
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:01 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

been to few F1 weekends and never see them closed any think down , see price go up for the few days , also look in http://www.airliners.net/bannernews/ and not think there awell

902 404 704 Information Service are try email them there vlc_informacion @ aena . es

Last edited by jurdyr; Jul 21st 2008 at 5:03 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

The event this weekend is Formula 3 and Open GT's on Saturday and Sunday. I wouldn't have thought they would close the airport because of that, and I believe that the closures over the Grand Prix weekend are because of the possible threat of terrorism, typically though, now I can't find the information!
There you go, that helped a lot didn't it!!! Sorry!

Last edited by valenciatim; Jul 21st 2008 at 5:08 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:06 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by valenciatim
The event this weekend is Formula 3 and Open GT's on Saturday and Sunday. I wouldn't have thought they would close the airport because of that, and I believe that the closures over the Grand Prix weekend are because of possible terrorist threats, typically though, now I can't find the information!
There you go, that helped a lot didn't it!!! Sorry!
You mean they ARE closing the airport? ?
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Eh???? I thought you were coming over, not going back
Yep coming over soon. But I will need to get back to UK eventually - hopefully on 24 Aug.

In another thread, someone mentioned that the airspace over Valencia would be closed on or during the day of the race.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

Yep coming over soon. But I will need to get back to UK eventually - hopefully on 24 Aug.

In another thread, someone mentioned that the airspace over Valencia would be closed on or during the day of the race.
best to check with the airport itself, as you'll get no info from the tourist office in valencia.
i worked at a few f1 venues over the years, and the only change in air space was as the knobs came in and out in their helicopters (by the hundreds).
at worst, i reckon you might be delayed a bit, but i'm sure they'll have something sorted.
the point regarding terrorism, though, is a good one........
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by digdug
best to check with the airport itself, as you'll get no info from the tourist office in valencia.
i worked at a few f1 venues over the years, and the only change in air space was as the knobs came in and out in their helicopters (by the hundreds).
at worst, i reckon you might be delayed a bit, but i'm sure they'll have something sorted.
the point regarding terrorism, though, is a good one........
I just rang the airport information service: 902 404 704.

They know nothing.

Maybe a bit nearer to the date? I would have thought that plans would be in place by now?
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:34 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Ive just read your karma an extra day in the sun - the hardship how will you cope xxxxx
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Ive just read your karma an extra day in the sun - the hardship how will you cope xxxxx
Not very well if it's spent in traffic in the hope of getting a flight.

Now if I know about it in advance, that will be a different story ....
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

I just rang the airport information service: 902 404 704.

They know nothing.

Maybe a bit nearer to the date? I would have thought that plans would be in place by now?
as you know, spain leaves everything to the last minute!
keep your eyes on the flight companys website and plan to be ready first thing on the day. i'd say give yourself an extra 2 hours journey time anyway just in case.
if hear anythig up this way (we're 20mins from the airport) i'll let you know.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by digdug
as you know, spain leaves everything to the last minute!
keep your eyes on the flight companys website and plan to be ready first thing on the day. i'd say give yourself an extra 2 hours journey time anyway just in case.
if hear anythig up this way (we're 20mins from the airport) i'll let you know.
OK thanks. I'll be accessing BE while I'm in Spain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.