Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Utility Connection Can any body help?

Utility Connection Can any body help?

Old Jan 1st 2016, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Alex PD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Utility Connection Can any body help?

Hello all, I have just completed on an apartment on Vista Esuri. Although the flats are not new the one I purchased from the bank has never been inhabited and the utilities are not and never have been connected.

Can anyone advise how I go about getting things set up and how long I should anticipate to get things connected. i am coming down in just over a week and have allowed myself a week to get things done. Is this over optimistic?

Thanks to anybody who has any advice to give!!
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Fiberite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Utility Connection Can any body help?

Hi Alex
Find out who the managment company is for your development, the firm you pay your community fees to ( maybe Gespusur or ADA) and they are very good at arranging most things including paying taxes.
Regards Fiberite
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised that the bank was able to sell an incomplete property - normally needs a certficate (don't have the Spanish term) of completion which includes utilities as part of your escritura.
In addition to ADA or Gesprosur, Purple Parrot have an office on Vista and could probably help with all your moving in needs.
(note: no commercial connection, just a happy customer)
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

You need to find out who your Block Admin company are They may be different from the Intercommunity company. As the other poster said , they will be able to help.

I think a week is being very optimistic but you will get the ball rolling but I wish you luck
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Alex, We bought on marina esuri almost two years ago. I got my spanish solicitor to apply for the water & electric meter connection. You also have to get a local electrician to install the main breaker in the consumer unkt inside the flat. The electric meter installation was SLOW. Took at least a couple of weeks to get them on site after the request. Usually the solicitor will handle your annual tax declaration etc for a smallish fee. Have a word with your solicitor is best, failing that try the estate agent that you went through. Mine was also very helpful and presumably enjoying their comission. Hope that helps.Keith
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

PS, may i suggest you don't get the natural gas connected. The safety certificate will be out of date and will cost circa 100 euros every 5 yrs to renew again. Get your gas water heater changed out for an electric 100 ltr tank. Get a decent bosch or similar quality one. Whilst I would not reccomend this in the uk, it makes sense in spain. The incoming water temp is never freezing hence does not need too much energy to heat for showers etc. It uses a minimal amount of electric to maintain heat ( good insulation), but you save a fortune in the standing charge paid every two months even when you are not there. My agent put me on to this one and most people seem to have done this.
Old Jan 9th 2016, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

tessy20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Keith, I am interested in the idea of changing out my gas boiler for a water heater. Please can you provide me with the name of the company who did the work for you and an idea of costs involved. We've just bought in Esuri and will be out in Feb for our first proper trip out. Thx very much.
Old Jan 9th 2016, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi tessy, I will Private message you rather than hi-jack this thread with the details you require.......................... Keith
Old Jan 9th 2016, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
Hi tessy, I will Private message you rather than hi-jack this thread with the details you require.......................... Keith
I'd quite like this info too so if you'd pm me as well I would very grateful.