Utilities

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:55 am
Just Joined

raywhent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Utilities

Hi All,

My wife and I are due to move over on 3rd October to La Manga Murcia area and are trying to establish what our outgoing expenses might be. We will be living in a three bedded villa with heating/aircon and would like some idea of what the cost of Utilities are, Gas, Electricitry and Water a month. In Uk of course we pay Council Tax (where we live it's £170 a month) but understand local taxes much lower?

If anyone can suggest assist this would be of great help.

Regards

Ray
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 8:16 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Utilities

Local taxes generally much lower yes.
Cost of water and electricity very much depends on your location and tarrif.
I budget €3000 a year for utilities plus bottles of gas at 14 odd euros a time plus a few hundred euros worth of firewood in the winter.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 12:31 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raywhent
Hi All,

My wife and I are due to move over on 3rd October to La Manga Murcia area and are trying to establish what our outgoing expenses might be. We will be living in a three bedded villa with heating/aircon and would like some idea of what the cost of Utilities are, Gas, Electricitry and Water a month. In Uk of course we pay Council Tax (where we live it's £170 a month) but understand local taxes much lower?

If anyone can suggest assist this would be of great help.

Regards

Ray
Council tax here equivalent of £26 per month
Electric on 5.5. kw tariff is £64 a month roughly
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 2:59 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

ok can you beat this my parents are in almeria large finca 9 hectars of land council tax 45.euros a year no lie
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by helenba
ok can you beat this my parents are in almeria large finca 9 hectars of land council tax 45.euros a year no lie
Yep,, I have similar, I have a certificate which came with the house in somebody elses name, and exempts the house from council taxes, (apparently years ago it was a surgery and the vets house) i have tried to go and pay some taxes and they just tell me not necessary,,I set my lawyer on it and he just came back and told me not to rock the boat, and why should I want to pay a tax that i dont have to!!!. I cant wait till I sell and find out that I have huge back tax to pay ( probably about 30€ max)
Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

celestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nicecelestine is just really nice
Question Re: Utilities

With this thread in ind does anyone know if Endesa have a tariff similar to that of the economy 7 in the UK where your use of electricity in the evenings is charged at a lower rate?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celestine
With this thread in ind does anyone know if Endesa have a tariff similar to that of the economy 7 in the UK where your use of electricity in the evenings is charged at a lower rate?
celestine theres a "tarifa nocturnal" that you can apply for, which they have to fit a new meter for, well a second meter, and a timer., after a set time (8pm??) it switches over and you pay less.

now, although it seems a good idea.. it is, if your installation is completly up to date with a younger than 4 year old bullatin for the wiring in ur house. if you are not up to date and apply for it, then they will cancel ur contract and the new one will not be "allowed" untill the house is rewired and up to spec..

so good idea if it is, bad idea if it is not.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
Yep,, I have similar, I have a certificate which came with the house in somebody elses name, and exempts the house from council taxes, (apparently years ago it was a surgery and the vets house) i have tried to go and pay some taxes and they just tell me not necessary,,I set my lawyer on it and he just came back and told me not to rock the boat, and why should I want to pay a tax that i dont have to!!!. I cant wait till I sell and find out that I have huge back tax to pay ( probably about 30€ max)
Just paid my first rates for 3 months rates, water and drainage water use will be nearly zero as only visiting at moment bill was 25 Euro
Old Jul 24th 2008, 2:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Just paid my first rates for 3 months rates, water and drainage water use will be nearly zero as only visiting at moment bill was 25 Euro
How much in the UK ? lol
Old Jul 24th 2008, 2:57 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Drainage is NOT part of your water bill, that comes under the SUMA bill from the local authorities, or you pay it as part of your Urbanisation fee if thats the sort of area you live in.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Drainage is NOT part of your water bill, that comes under the SUMA bill from the local authorities, or you pay it as part of your Urbanisation fee if thats the sort of area you live in.
my bill was for water, sewerage and garbage
Bob