Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Using Wise account for pension and monthly bills?

Using Wise account for pension and monthly bills?

Old Jan 15th 2023, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

anagerbera2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Using Wise account for pension and monthly bills?

Thanks a lot, Loco. That is why I would prefer to receive the Teachers Pension in Wise, this way, I am freer to do the exchange into Euros when it is a good moment.

I have written to the Teachers Pension asking whether they accept Wise for the monthly pension payments. I shall report here when they reply to me.

Best regards.
Old Jan 17th 2023, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

My pleasure.

They do. Just give them your Wise UK Iban details.

Best Loco

Originally Posted by anagerbera2014
Thanks a lot, Loco. That is why I would prefer to receive the Teachers Pension in Wise, this way, I am freer to do the exchange into Euros when it is a good moment.

I have written to the Teachers Pension asking whether they accept Wise for the monthly pension payments. I shall report here when they reply to me.

Best regards.
Old Jan 20th 2023, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Hi, could someone tell us, please if they receive their "UK State Pension" into a Wise account? That would be very useful to know indeed!
Many thanks to all.
Old Jan 20th 2023, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Hello Loco, do you happen to know if the "UK State Pension" can be paid into a Wise account? Thank you very much.
Old Jan 21st 2023, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I have not actually done it but was informed by HMRC that it could be done (in preparation if Lloyds Bank closes expat accounts) and I think other posters have commented that they are doing it. I can also confirm Aviva will pay into Wise but Scottish Widows will not.
Old Jan 21st 2023, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anagerbera2014
Hello Loco, do you happen to know if the "UK State Pension" can be paid into a Wise account? Thank you very much.
I think the uk state can be paid into a wise account as it can be paid to whichever country you live in, so IBAN isn't an issue.
Personal private pensions are a different matter though, my provider (Transact) will only pay to a UK bank or building society.

If it were me I would just put the wise account details down when applying but add an extra account in case it's a no.

However you do know that the exchange rate when it's paid direct to a Spanish account will be better than any deal you will get elsewhere. As the UK will be paying out millions of euros....
Old Jan 22nd 2023, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Barriej
I think the uk state can be paid into a wise account as it can be paid to whichever country you live in, so IBAN isn't an issue.
Personal private pensions are a different matter though, my provider (Transact) will only pay to a UK bank or building society.

If it were me I would just put the wise account details down when applying but add an extra account in case it's a no.

However you do know that the exchange rate when it's paid direct to a Spanish account will be better than any deal you will get elsewhere. As the UK will be paying out millions of euros....
Thanks very much, Barrie, that is very good news regarding the "UK state pension". I asked the Teachers Pension if they can accept "Wise.com" for sending payments, but they have not replied yet with an answer... I hope they say yes! Best regards.
Old Jan 22nd 2023, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much for commenting, Spainrico, good to know. Kind regards.