Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Using S1 Certificiate for Non Lucrative Visa Application

Using S1 Certificiate for Non Lucrative Visa Application

Old Apr 12th 2023, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

rbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using S1 Certificiate for Non Lucrative Visa Application

Originally Posted by Fred James
I would suspect that the S1 is just a virtual authorisation that will only be activated when your visa is approved and the granting of a visa is notified by INSS to the UK.
Absolutely. None of the final part of the process has changed. You still have to finalise everything at the regional INSS office once you have your NLV and that is why fixing your initial address in Spain is important. The central INSS opens your case file at the regional delegation.
Old Apr 12th 2023, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

You do not need to be in receipt of a full pension, simply being in receipt of a state pension, however small, qualifies you for the S1
Old Apr 12th 2023, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
You do not need to be in receipt of a full pension, simply being in receipt of a state pension, however small, qualifies you for the S1
I understand it that if you receive a UK retirement pension from the UK government or an exportable benefit for a variety of disabilities you can get the S1 healthcare cover.

Steve
Old Apr 12th 2023, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Gt321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Am looking at the process of registering S1 online,obvious problem is it is naturally all in Spanish,how did you manage all of the process, did you get the pages translated one then return to the application another time. I was hoping it would be possible to get a Spanish solicitor to do it, but as the applicant has to physically take a photo I'm guessing this can't be done?
Old Apr 12th 2023, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

What happens locally is very important and each country has its own route into it's health system which is why forums like this are so helpful
I actually think that the pre authorisation in Spain seems like a really good system
Old Apr 12th 2023, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

rbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gt321
Am looking at the process of registering S1 online,obvious problem is it is naturally all in Spanish,how did you manage all of the process, did you get the pages translated one then return to the application another time. I was hoping it would be possible to get a Spanish solicitor to do it, but as the applicant has to physically take a photo I'm guessing this can't be done?
Hi Gt321. You've understood the biggest problem perfectly. I'm fluent in Spanish, so was able to complete it. It is very much a real time, personal application which times out if you don't complete each step on time. You possibly could screen grab as you go, translate, and then restart each time, but I don't know if it might eventually cough and kick you out for too many retries. I genuinely can't say. I've not a lot of experience with google chrome, and I don't know whether some of the instant page translator systems would work with this site.

I would expect many lawyers will gain experience quickly with this and how it works, and I can imagine that will be a good option for many. A session with a lawyer will probably work out cheaper than private medical insurance. I would certainly recommend anyone doing an NLV to have a lawyer at least overseeing the application anyway.

I would fully expect that this page will eventually appear in English. My guess is that as it is still a relatively new option, that the web page has been developed first in Spanish and once they have more experience with it and whatever problems turn up, it will later get translated into English. That would make sense when you consider the target user group!
Old Apr 12th 2023, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rbs_gb
Hi Gt321. You've understood the biggest problem perfectly. I'm fluent in Spanish, so was able to complete it. It is very much a real time, personal application which times out if you don't complete each step on time. You possibly could screen grab as you go, translate, and then restart each time, but I don't know if it might eventually cough and kick you out for too many retries. I genuinely can't say. I've not a lot of experience with google chrome, and I don't know whether some of the instant page translator systems would work with this site.

I would expect many lawyers will gain experience quickly with this and how it works, and I can imagine that will be a good option for many. A session with a lawyer will probably work out cheaper than private medical insurance. I would certainly recommend anyone doing an NLV to have a lawyer at least overseeing the application anyway.

I would fully expect that this page will eventually appear in English. My guess is that as it is still a relatively new option, that the web page has been developed first in Spanish and once they have more experience with it and whatever problems turn up, it will later get translated into English. That would make sense when you consider the target user group!
Thanks for reply. So if I do find a solicitor fluent in Spanish and have all the required info to hand, can the whole thing be done in a short time,or are follow up emails sent at later times. I will read your initial post again,but that question just popped into my head.
Old Apr 12th 2023, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for reply. So if I do find a solicitor fluent in Spanish and have all the required info to hand, can the whole thing be done in a short time,or are follow up emails sent at later times. I will read your initial post again,but that question just popped into my head.
Absolutely. The online bit is where there is time pressure. Once the application is in you will get some more emails that you will need to use to get the actual registration certificate, but they can be dealt with easily. Incidentally when I first tried to do this and discovered the page wouldn't work for me, I talked to my lawyer and she was the one that told me to use google chrome. After that, everything worked, and it's those kind of inputs that make having a lawyer on board so valuable. She also sorted out the sworn translations and legalisation of documents for me. I could probably have got it done myself, but I didn't have a clue and she is doing it all the time.
Old Apr 12th 2023, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

I will search online for Spanish lawyers in my area, I d rather sit with someone who knows what they're doing then have a go myself.
Old Apr 12th 2023, 4:49 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I genuinely can't say. I've not a lot of experience with google chrome, and I don't know whether some of the instant page translator systems would work with this site.
Google Chrome translates it very well except for the forms. All the instructions etc are translated.
Old Apr 12th 2023, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Absolutely. The online bit is where there is time pressure. Once the application is in you will get some more emails that you will need to use to get the actual registration certificate, but they can be dealt with easily. Incidentally when I first tried to do this and discovered the page wouldn't work for me, I talked to my lawyer and she was the one that told me to use google chrome. After that, everything worked, and it's those kind of inputs that make having a lawyer on board so valuable. She also sorted out the sworn translations and legalisation of documents for me. I could probably have got it done myself, but I didn't have a clue and she is doing it all the time.
I notice you mention a PC with a webcam and using Chrome is needed, is it not possible to do the application using a mobile phone?
Old Apr 12th 2023, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

I notice you mention a PC with a webcam and using Chrome is needed, is it not possible to do the application using a mobile phone?
I cringe at the very thought. I can't imagine the chrome plug-ins being available, but that is just my guess. Having done it on a PC, I do know I wouldn't even attempt it on a phone. I'm not saying it would not work, but filling in all the details and uploading the various attachments is just not something I would even consider doing with a phone.
Old Apr 12th 2023, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fred James
Google Chrome translates it very well except for the forms. All the instructions etc are translated.
Interesting and useful info. Will certainly help a lot of folks. Was that using a translator plug in or getting google to produce a translated version of the page? I just tried pasting the URL into translate.google.co.uk and it failed completely.

Last edited by rbs_gb; Apr 12th 2023 at 5:20 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2023, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Digital copy of cover other on passport is this the other on right hand side when you open it?
Then a pic of yourself holding the oage showing passport number, date of birth etc?
I'm not good with online forms or anything technical!
Old Apr 12th 2023, 8:28 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks ..... so in the question a UK expat who is eligible for (and will therefore receive) a full UK state pension is guaranteed to get a S1? (Currently)

Jon
I think that would depend on whether another country should be covering your social security rights. It's conceivable you could have a full set of UK SS contributions but, because of work / residence history and circumstances should be the responsiblity of another country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.