Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Using the "Government Gateway" in Spain

Using the "Government Gateway" in Spain

Old Jan 21st 2023, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using the "Government Gateway" in Spain

Originally Posted by Barriej
Was only a thought but this help page suggests its possible to do it.

​​​​​​https://www.login.gov/help/manage-yo...-phone-number/
Well done for finding that hopefully that's the answer.
Old Jan 21st 2023, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

If you go to your account settings page then to ‘sign in details’ select change. … then select ‘how to get access codes’ …. You can change your mobile number there.
Old Jan 22nd 2023, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

anagerbera2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot VEDShappy, I hope we can solve the mystery of the Government Gateway soon! Best regards.
Old Jan 24th 2023, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej
I wouldn't put much faith in what the CAB (Spain) says as its a private commercial company and is in no way affiliated with the Uk CAB.
All they want to do is sell you services when you contact them.

During the Brexit period they were wrong about so many things to do with residency under the WA when we checked (as was the Uk gov site).
Originally Posted by Ronnyone
Yes do be careful with CAB as it is simply a private website not the uk government sponsored one. It essentially gets revenue from lawyers who the site refers you to. It caused a huge commotion over the universal health bill encouraging people to cancel their convenio etc and it was totally in the wrong in its interpretation of the law.
I've been saying the same for years. I used to be friends with the founder on the original Facebook page (richelle de whit), before it was a website.. then I corrected her on a driving licence issue. Bear in mind I had been driving other people's cars at work for the last 10-15 years, and have alot of contact with traffico and aena and the ITV almost daily... she blocked me on Facebook and blocked my access to the website/forum that i helped her to create. I've probably still got the snotty email that she sent me about 'disagreeing with her in public even tho her website is the best blah blah...

'They' will help to a point, but then when you need to contact someone they refer you to a private doctor / gestoria / whoever 'expert' that is a 'part of their team'

At best they are 'agents' that work on commission.

You'll get better advice here on this forum, for free, from people with actual real world experience.

As a general rule of thumb I never recommend anything other than official websites when giving advice - as above, they (non official websites) are written by a person with their interpretation and often their interests at heart.

Last edited by bfg69bug; Jan 24th 2023 at 9:41 am.
Old Jan 24th 2023, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that - they are in my bookmarks but think I will delete.
Old Jan 26th 2023, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dont get me wrong, they have alot of free information on there, but its not to always be taken as gospel - pinch of salt and all that. Dont assume because of the name of the website (dont go there..) it makes people think that its more than it is.

This has gone slightly off topic though, so I will shut up now, and let everyone get back to talking about the UK Government Gateway.

I set it up for my mums pension, but unfortunatly never needed to use it because she passed away. I´ve got the little card that they sent us somewhere, I suppose things have changed since then tho.