Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Using an Agency to get Residency and other things

Using an Agency to get Residency and other things

Old Feb 6th 2017, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

shacho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Using an Agency to get Residency and other things

I hold a UK passport and must obtain residency as I am in Spain (Barcelona) permanently under a bit of unexpected circumstances and need to set myself up. Does anyone know of a good agency in assisting with NIE number, bank account, gaining residency status. I also need health insurance, any suggested websites or companies to compare?

Unfortunately I don't speak much Spanish/Catalan for now which makes things harder so an agency who does the above is appealing.
Old Feb 7th 2017, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using an Agency to get Residency and other things

Get yourself an English speaking local solicitor. They will sort out all the things you mentioned.

Before we moved to Spain we pre-arranged with a local Solicitors to sort all that for us. All we had to do was supply information and a few certificates and other paperwork etc (and of course, the fee)

All went smoothly! !

Steve
Old Feb 10th 2017, 9:54 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Our estate agent sorted most of that for us.

Be very careful, if you are considering giving PoA to an agent.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Hey spain is an unknown quantity at this point

ello, so basically I could really do with anyone's help! I am a single mum of a one year old who is sick and tired of the U.K. Lifestyle. I am a hairdresser by trade (so will always have work wether it be salon based or the odd mobile job). I also own a flat in London which I will rent out and get an income of £700 each month. My little girl is only one years old, her dad does not wish to be part of her life. The only support network I have in the uk are my wonderful parents who have actually decided to come with me!!! They will rent their house out too. So, my question is.. What part of Spain do you recommend?! We want to be in walking distance within half hour walk of the beach and somewhere relatively cheap to live! I have a friend in benaldamena, but it's doesn't have to be near to her as I am pretty confident I will make new mummy friends there. Any help would be much appreciated! (we do want to be around other uk peeps) I was wanting a 2bedroom apartment to rent with a pool in a friendly, kid friendly duplex type environment with a lovely friendly community. Aswell as my £700 rental income from flat in London, I will be going with £8,000 savings which amounts to £660 per month spread across one year in Spain to live off (should I struggle to find any hairdressing work). I am also learning the language asap at the moment and want to be out there after Christmas this year! thank you so much xx
Old Feb 10th 2017, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hey spain
ello, so basically I could really do with anyone's help! I am a single mum of a one year old who is sick and tired of the U.K. Lifestyle. I am a hairdresser by trade (so will always have work wether it be salon based or the odd mobile job). I also own a flat in London which I will rent out and get an income of £700 each month. My little girl is only one years old, her dad does not wish to be part of her life. The only support network I have in the uk are my wonderful parents who have actually decided to come with me!!! They will rent their house out too. So, my question is.. What part of Spain do you recommend?! We want to be in walking distance within half hour walk of the beach and somewhere relatively cheap to live! I have a friend in benaldamena, but it's doesn't have to be near to her as I am pretty confident I will make new mummy friends there. Any help would be much appreciated! (we do want to be around other uk peeps) I was wanting a 2bedroom apartment to rent with a pool in a friendly, kid friendly duplex type environment with a lovely friendly community. Aswell as my £700 rental income from flat in London, I will be going with £8,000 savings which amounts to £660 per month spread across one year in Spain to live off (should I struggle to find any hairdressing work). I am also learning the language asap at the moment and want to be out there after Christmas this year! thank you so much xx
Hi, Your main concern would be getting healthcare sorted out for yourself and your daughter. Don't forget that Spain does not provide any type of benefits.

Are your parents of retirement age? If not then they will also need to arrange healthcare.

You and your parents will need to prove that your/their income will be enough to satisfy the authorities that none of you will be a burden on the state.

A 2 bed apartment will cost you in the region of €500 per calendar month plus electric on top. Electric bill are paid monthly. The water is usually in with the rental price but that's not guaranteed. You will also need to put a months rental up front and an extra month for deposit. Some landlords require you to have Spanish bank accounts.

We find that overall, food prices are cheaper than the UK.

There is work available for mobile hairdressing but there are many doing that. Do plenty of research and ask plenty of questions as there will be a lot of paperwork to contend with if you get to live here.

Best of luck.

Steve
Old Feb 10th 2017, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Hi Steve

Many thanks for your reply! Do you happen to know how much healthcare would cost per month for my daughter and I? She will be almost 2 years old when we move. Also, is the healthcare payment per month?

Yea, mum and dad are in their 60's, they are retired already and would recieve ?£1000k rental income from house in the uk. I'am in my mid 30's.

So would you think that benaldamena is a good place to start with a 6 month contract lease? That's good news about water normally being included in the rent.. I suppose the further away from the coast, the cheaper the properties. I need to have an aldi near me!!!! I absolutely love it here in the uk, it's fantastic! I also still don't have my drivers licence, so need to me living in an area with good bus links.

This site is brilliant, amazing how much advice you can obtain!

Thanks again for all of your help

Last edited by Hey spain; Feb 10th 2017 at 1:15 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 1:18 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I need to have an aldi near me!!!! I absolutely love it here in the uk, it's fantastic!
Don't get your hopes too high. Aldi in Spain is a different company to Aldi in the UK and is not so highly regarded as it is in the UK. In Spain, Lidl tends to be the preferred option of the two.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Steve

Many thanks for your reply! Do you happen to know how much healthcare would cost per month for my daughter and I? She will be almost 2 years old when we move. Also, is the healthcare payment per month?

So would you think that benaldamena is a good place to start with a 6 month contract lease? That's good news about water normally being included in the rent.. I suppose the further away from the coast, the cheaper the properties. I need to have an aldi near me!!!! I absolutely love it here in the uk, it's fantastic! I also still don't have my drivers licence, so need to me living in an area with good bus links.

This site is brilliant, amazing how much advice you can obtain!

Thanks again for all of your help
Healthcare costs vary so much, I really can't help with that question. There will be other members who will be able to help you. As i am retired my healthcare is covered by the UK through the S1 forms. Are your parents of retirement age?

I can't comment on other areas to live other than Benidorm which is a fantastic place to live.

There will be plenty of advice for you from other posters.

Steve
Old Feb 10th 2017, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fred James
Don't get your hopes too high. Aldi in Spain is a different company to Aldi in the UK and is not so highly regarded as it is in the UK. In Spain, Lidl tends to be the preferred option of the two.
Ah not to worry! Love lidl too. I just love Spanish food to be fair! I could easily live off cheese, chorizo olives and red wine each day
Old Feb 10th 2017, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tebo53
Healthcare costs vary so much, I really can't help with that question. There will be other members who will be able to help you. As i am retired my healthcare is covered by the UK through the S1 forms. Are your parents of retirement age?

I can't comment on other areas to live other than Benidorm which is a fantastic place to live.

There will be plenty of advice for you from other posters.

Steve
Thanks Steve. Yes mum and dad are already retired here in the uk and will have are rental income of £1000k per month once thy rent their house out. We have all been watching the uk documentary on Benidorm and it looks great! We are torn between Costa deal sol and Benidorm. We will be going over for a couple of weeks soon to check both out. I get the feeling there are more uk expats in Benidorm and more of a social community and fun aspect! Where abouts in Benidorm are you?
Old Feb 10th 2017, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

There are many small to medium sized Spanish supermarkets here that are as good as, if not better than Aldi or Lidl.

We used Aldi when we lived in the UK but certainly don't miss them here.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

There are many small to medium sized Spanish supermarkets here that are as good as, if not better than Aldi or Lidl.

We used Aldi when we lived in the UK but certainly don't miss them here.
Thanks Tebo, I know I'am going to be in my element! All of those lovely big fresh vegetables and fruit too! Where in Spain do you live?
Old Feb 10th 2017, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Steve. Yes mum and dad are already retired here in the uk and will have are rental income of £1000k per month once thy rent their house out. We have all been watching the uk documentary on Benidorm and it looks great! We are torn between Costa deal sol and Benidorm. We will be going over for a couple of weeks soon to check both out. I get the feeling there are more uk expats in Benidorm and more of a social community and fun aspect! Where abouts in Benidorm are you?
Your Mum and dad will be able to apply for free healthcare by submitting a form S1 which they can get through the Newcastle office. I think they can include yourself and daughter on their application. But you will need to verify that. If so, it will be free cover.

Their income should be enough to satisfy the authorities that they will be ok income wise.

Please don't put to much faith in the "Bargain loving brits in Benidorm" series! ! ! Life certainly is not like that usually in Benidorm. If you have to work for a living you will be working very long hours. Life here is just the same as anywhere, shopping, cleaning up, paying the rent etc etc. You cannot live here in "holiday mode" otherwise you will go broke within a short time.

Life is good here in Benidorm if you moderate everything!!!!

I live on the outskirts of the Rincon de Loix area.

Steve
Old Feb 10th 2017, 3:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 10th 2017, 3:35 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Your Mum and dad will be able to apply for free healthcare by submitting a form S1 which they can get through the Newcastle office. I think they can include yourself and daughter on their application. But you will need to verify that. If so, it will be free cover.
... only if one or other of them are in receipt of their UK State Pension. I'm not sure at what age this kicks in now as it keeps changing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.