Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

used car prices in spain

used car prices in spain

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of
Default used car prices in spain

I have my eye on a LHD Renault Megane Scenic 1.6E 1st reg 2008 with 57290 miles. It is in first class condition, full service history, tax and mot'd and is here in the UK. Hubby thinks asking price too much, can anyone tell me how much I would expect to pay for such a car in Spain please? We are looking to buy LHD in the UK as we are driving over in October and want to transport bits and pieces (plus dog) but if prices are cheaper in Spain we will need to re-think
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: used car prices in spain

Originally Posted by linda Coyle
I have my eye on a LHD Renault Megane Scenic 1.6E 1st reg 2008 with 57290 miles. It is in first class condition, full service history, tax and mot'd and is here in the UK. Hubby thinks asking price too much, can anyone tell me how much I would expect to pay for such a car in Spain please? We are looking to buy LHD in the UK as we are driving over in October and want to transport bits and pieces (plus dog) but if prices are cheaper in Spain we will need to re-think
If that is the correct year, that's a lot of miles in 3 months!!! Is it a '98?

Looking at a weekly mag similar to Loot, a 99 scenic, similar miles @ €4300 to give you an idea.
Generally, second hand cars here are very expensive in my opinion.
Tim
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

keljo is an unknown quantity at this point

Try www.car-trader-spain.com
for an idea on prices of cars in Spain
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Thanks keljo, well spotted!! first registered in 1998 - my mistake
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:30 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

No matter where you buy a second hand LHD car from within the EU they will be more expensive than a UK RHD car that is unfortunately a fact for the most part.

This is purely because there are more people to buy LHD cars compared to the limited population of the UK. EG: If you're German then it's perfectly normal to have interest from people from 5-8 different countries.

As you're probably talking from Ebay if you do go ahead with the deal make sure the vehicle was first registered in an EU country and was built for that market as if not things can get very messy indeed when you go to register it in Spain.

Is there any reason why you would want a Renault? They do get plagued with electrical problems and thus can be very expensive to repair (hence why the resell value of them are not very good)

Last month I was GIVEN a Megane R-Reg from an expat who we sold a car to as it was worth nothing due to a massive electrical fault that would cost x4 the amount it was worth to fix.

Another piece of advice is buy diesel as diesel is cheaper on the continent than petrol and you get better MPG and most of the time lower Co2 emissions level so if Spain starts taxing vehicles on Co2 levels (like what the EU is trying to force all EU countries to do) then happy days!

Disclaimer: I am in the trade so take my advice however you wish but i've been around on this forum for years

Last edited by zel; Apr 2nd 2008 at 4:34 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for taking the time to reply Zel, I will pass on your comments to my OH
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:37 pm
zel

Thanks for taking the time to reply Zel, I will pass on your comments to my OH
If you want to get technical with him the Alarm/Immobilizer ECU breaks and effects most of the cars electrics.

I.E : It won't start, no remote central locking, no lights exterior or interior, the speedo won't work, nor will the radio.

Oh and when the battery dies in the key you have to get the dealership to reprogramme the key in most cases! Terrible terrible design!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

What would you recommend along that sort of size?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: used car prices in spain

Pre 2007 Fiat Doblo truly the worlds ugliest car but with the 1.3 multi jet diesel engine will pas all the EU tax rules.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:53 pm
zel

To be completely blunt with you it's not really our field, we tend to keep to the new-2 yr old market and mainly German marques. so I have no idea what is value for money etc.

But the Citroen Picasso is similarly priced and sized and i've not heard many horror stories about that.

I only know what I know about this Megane as like i said we were going to take it in part exchange until I did some research and found out what a horror story it would be to fix.

What I will say tho, looking at the description of the car it's obviously been well kept and no real alarm bells are ringing, like anything it's all a risk, the electrical problems may never ever happen for you, but just pointing out it's quite a common fault.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:55 pm
zel

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Pre 2007 Fiat Doblo truly the worlds ugliest car but with the 1.3 multi jet diesel engine will pas all the EU tax rules.
Yeah but probably a little expensive compared to what the OP budget is with the Megane.

We've supplied a few of them, one even to one of my neighbours who have moved to Malaga and I must agree it's a top little car.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 5:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Don`t forget the tax cos you haven`t owned it in the UK for 6 months. ;-)
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 5:05 pm
zel

Originally Posted by jdr
Don`t forget the tax cos you haven`t owned it in the UK for 6 months. ;-)
They're going over in October so will probably just scrape by the six months previous ownership.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 5:21 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Plus costs involved in Spanish plates et al.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

If its of any help the best car we have ever rented in spain was a diesel picasso. Fantastic fuel mileage and the space in the back when you remove the rear seats is phenomenal. We managed to get a 3 seat sofa in the back with the hatch down for transport from the dealers to our villa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.